Bills Can Go For a Nice Run — Jags, NYG, @Pats, Bucs, @Bengals, Broncos & Jets

HIT BY SPIKES

18 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Bills have shown they are really good in revenge games. My guess is when the Bills play the Bengals it will get bad.... real bad. Their O-Line has no chance against the Bill's D-Line

Cmon now … don’t you remember that their banged up O line had no chance against us in last year’s playoff tilt?  People never learn. 

17 hours ago, appoo said:

This isn't college though. NFL teams are almost always capable of putting up really good fights regardless of opponent. And the transitive doesn't really work either. 

I think the Eagles match up with the Bills offense quite well

The Eagles defense? Not when the likes of Sam Howell are lighting them up 

On 10/2/2023 at 3:26 AM, GunnerBill said:

Jags next week is the toughest game. They have already been over here a week will be acclimatised. Bills only travel over late in the week. I am worried that will give them an advantage. Even though we are the better team. Get through next Sunday unscathed we are set for a nice little run through to the Eagles game.

As a side note, it is ridiculous that this counts as a Bills home game. 

20 hours ago, Utah John said:

The last time the Bills played the Jags, they played horribly in Jacksonville and lost even though at that time the Bills had much the better team. Who knows why that is.  The Bills generally have the Dolphins' number but the Jags have had the Bill's number for decades, going back to the Jags eliminating the Bills from the playoffs in Kelly's last year.  

The time change is really going to work against the Bills, what with the Jags staying over after their game yesterday.  I think the Bills ought to be traveling to England tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Not to mention the nickel roby PI london game.  Grrrrrrr.  That was awful

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

As a side note, it is ridiculous that this counts as a Bills home game. 

I agree in the sense that I think giving the Bills a "home" game when they are so significantly disadvantaged by the aclimatisation is a bit ridiculous. The Jags should have played the Bills first and then had their "home" game the 2nd week. But stadiums are the issue. Wembley is Jacksonville's nominated home ground and was available last weekend but not next (because we are about to enter an international break) and Spurs window is this next two weeks when Spurs are away followed by a blank weekend for internationals. 

That may cause people to rant about the concept of the international games in the first place but they have been incredibly successful for the NFL and they are not going anywhere. This is the first time the Bills have had to give up a home game since the series started, so they haven't been too harshly treated.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree in the sense that I think giving the Bills a "home" game when they are so significantly disadvantaged by the aclimatisation is a bit ridiculous. The Jags should have played the Bills first and then had their "home" game the 2nd week. But stadiums are the issue. Wembley is Jacksonville's nominated home ground and was available last weekend but not next (because we are about to enter an international break) and Spurs window is this next two weeks when Spurs are away followed by a blank weekend for internationals. 

That may cause people to rant about the concept of the international games in the first place but they have been incredibly successful for the NFL and they are not going anywhere. This is the first time the Bills have had to give up a home game since the series started, so they haven't been too harshly treated.

Just like every game, the bills played in Toronto was a Bills home game every game Jacksonville plays in London should be a Jacksonville home game

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've never been to London.  I thought I heard you guys use mayo instead of ketchup for fries...which is gross.

Most of my knowledge of Europe is based on the movie "Pulp Fiction".  The location given in the movie for mayo on fries was France.  Some of my other European knowledge base comes from American fast food restaurants.  If I understand Long John Silvers correctly, the Brits use malt vinegar on fries. 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Most of my knowledge of Europe is based on the movie "Pulp Fiction".  The location given in the movie for mayo on fries was France.  Some of my other European knowledge base comes from American fast food restaurants.  If I understand Long John Silvers correctly, the Brits use malt vinegar on fries. 

Yeah but you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France?

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've never been to London.  I thought I heard you guys use mayo instead of ketchup for fries...which is gross.

I don't know where you have heard that from. It isn't true. 

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If I understand Long John Silvers correctly, the Brits use malt vinegar on fries. 

Yep. Salt and malt vinegar. But not on "fries" as in thin cut. On thick cut chips.

4 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

People still eat mayo?

I thought it was just for smearing on a body these days.

Hamburger sauce? Ketchup, relish and mayo.

Pick your aioli - chipotle maybe?

Tuna fish sandwich?

BLT?

EDIT: Turkey sandwich

Edited by Just in Atlanta
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Eric Wood was on WGR and said that for him, being away from home for 2 weeks effects him more than getting over there on a Thursday like the Bills are this week.

It takes about 2 days to get right with the time and that would be Saturday.

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Good god if the giants don’t get some offensive linemen back by next weekend they’re gonna lose by 100

100 may be the number of sacks the Bills get against them. Poor Daniel Jones. No QB could succeed behind that OL. Although he needs to play better. That 97-yard pick 6 was terrible. The Giants would have gotten back in the game if they score there.

• Like (+1) 1

About the jet lag issue:  It's a five hour difference between Buffalo and London.  It's a three hour difference between San Francisco and Buffalo.  For West Coast teams playing on the East Coast, the time difference is real but manageable.  So what's the big deal  There's no reason why a team in the eastern US should feel totally discombobulated when playing in London.

The reason most Americans feel lousy at first when traveling to the UK or elsewhere in Europe is the airlines' preference for traveling overnight.  You end up not getting much sleep on the flight, arriving in the UK in the morning (their time), stumbling through the first day trying not to sleep, and eventually catching up over a few days.  This is not that much different from taking a red-eye flight from California to the East Coast, which I've done many times to my regret.  It's a bad choice.

If you're flying eastward over several time zones, it's better to leave in the morning (departure location) and arrive in the evening (arrival location).  Then you have some trouble getting to sleep that first night, but after a partial night's sleep you're pretty much OK the next day and are fine the day after that, assuming you're able to get a full night's sleep the second night you're there.

I don't know when the Bills are planning to travel, but they should do it soon, and they should try to travel during a day and not overnight.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

100 may be the number of sacks the Bills get against them. Poor Daniel Jones. No QB could succeed behind that OL. Although he needs to play better. That 97-yard pick 6 was terrible. The Giants would have gotten back in the game if they score there.

By the end of the game, Jones looked like Sam Howell did near the end of the Bills' whooping of the Commanders.  Both of them looked completely shellshocked, and were trying to protect themselves when they went back to pass instead of looking hard for the play downfield.  

Jones and Howell were both fortunate not to have had a serious injury, although both were probably sore for days afterward.

What's the verdict on Daboll as Giants' HC?  It's becoming clear that the Patriots' success was down to Brady and not Belichick.  Could be that Daboll's success in Buffalo was due to Josh Allen and not Daboll's own abilities.  Even with the Bills mediocre O line the years Daboll was with the Bills, he managed to craft an effective offense.  This year, boy it's bad.  

Edited by Utah John
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.