Bills Can Go For a Nice Run — Jags, NYG, @Pats, Bucs, @Bengals, Broncos & Jets

HIT BY SPIKES

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Jags next week is the toughest game. They have already been over here a week will be acclimatised. Bills only travel over late in the week. I am worried that will give them an advantage. Even though we are the better team. Get through next Sunday unscathed we are set for a nice little run through to the Eagles game.

How many days does it take to completely acclimate? Maybe the Jags don't have a great week of practice as their team deals with jetlag for a few days? Not sure.

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

One game at a time, people, and you better be ready to play every game.

One game, one week at a time, people, one game at a time!

I'm fairly certain that no one on TSW will be playing in any of the upcoming games, so why your obsession with "one game at a time"? 

Jags next week is the toughest game. They have already been over here a week will be acclimatised. Bills only travel over late in the week. I am worried that will give them an advantage. Even though we are the better team. Get through next Sunday unscathed we are set for a nice little run through to the Eagles game.

How many days does it take to completely acclimate? Maybe the Jags don't have a great week of practice as their team deals with jetlag for a few days? Not sure.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

The Jags have already been here a week. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I'm fairly certain that no one on TSW will be playing in any of the upcoming games, so why your obsession with "one game at a time"? 

That's what you think. I'm expecting a call up for Sunday. Taking my cleats to the stadium just in case.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hope so. But having done the US to UK flight a fair few times in my life the jetlag is a killer. I'm sure the Bills have a plan but I'd rather be in Jacksonville's position of having been here for 2 weeks. I do think the Bills should win but I expect an ugly, scrappy kind of game. It is our hardest game until Philly IMO. 

Agree, Bill.  Traveling West to East for more than a couple of hours is tough.  And the body clock isn't primed to play that early when you aren't accustomed to it.  I'm worried about it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Agree, Bill.  Traveling West to East for more than a couple of hours is tough.  And the body clock isn't primed to play that early when you aren't accustomed to it.  I'm worried about it.

It's not to be underestimated and it's more than just your body not being ready to play the game early in the morning...it takes a long time for your body to adjust to a 5-hour time difference...according to US military guidelines, it takes your body a day to recover for each hour of time zone difference.  I've flown to the UK to play rugby several times and and played a day or two after arriving.  It's really difficult and the fact that Jax will have been in the UK for more than a week gives them a distinct advantage.  

• Agree 2

Its a long business trip Gunner.  We aren't going across the pond until Friday.  We have a lot of veterans.  This team will be prepared.  I see Lawrence going down hard.  Bills win going away 34-17.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hope so. But having done the US to UK flight a fair few times in my life the jetlag is a killer. I'm sure the Bills have a plan but I'd rather be in Jacksonville's position of having been here for 2 weeks. I do think the Bills should win but I expect an ugly, scrappy kind of game. It is our hardest game until Philly IMO. 

I don't understand the jetlag thing. Granted, I've only done it once, but I felt perfectly normal

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We  rushed Washington and Washington took the Eagles to OT. The Eagles don't look as scary.

The transitive property doesn't work in the NFL. WAS-PHI was a division game, Washington played well because they played terribly last week, Philadelphia probably wasn't on their stuff as well as they should have been for the same reason, etc. It's a week-to-week and matchup league, period.

43 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Its a long business trip Gunner.  We aren't going across the pond until Friday.  We have a lot of veterans.  This team will be prepared.  I see Lawrence going down hard.  Bills win going away 34-17.

I know but the jetlag is real. Take it from someone who lives this side of the pond and has done that journey plenty. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.