Odd scheduling note…

eball

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

As long as it’s a Sunday or Monday, I don’t really care when the game starts. But they need to get rid of the Thursday night football abomination, regardless.

The worst part of Thursday night football is the damage it does to the players and coaches.  They have a regular schedule for game planning, healing injuries and bruises, coaching up the plays for the game, etc during the week for Sunday games.  Monday night screws it up to an extent, but Thursday is just too far out of the healing/coaching schedule.  I don't think ANY of the players prefer Thursday night games to a steady dose of Sunday at 1 pm local time.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, eball said:

To hear some of you whine, you'd rather the Bills be mediocre again so you can enjoy your 1 pm Sunday games.  Geesh.

Nah.

We miss the early 90’s. 3 prime time games at most and 13 ”day games” with the vast majority of those being at 1pm.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

For fans that got work or timezone where the difference puts it in early mornings it's bad.

However, it m ay just give the team an edge as they are getting recognition and might just bring out the best in some of our players.  They may just show all the experts it's too early to shut the window on Josh Allen and the Bills.   If they become accustomed to the spotlight then it won't be a distraction when they are getting all the media attention week leading up to their first SB victory.  

I get it's going to depend on your timezone.  I am local in WNY and have season tickets.  Sometimes I don't get home until 2:30am for the night games and I am on a morning schedule.  Those ones are brutal!

But even beyond that, I just love 1pm Sunday games.  There's nothing like waking up early in the morning and heading down to the stadium to start tailgating at 8am

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, eball said:

…after Sunday the Bills only have two 1 p.m. Sunday games remaining on the schedule…both matchups with the Pats*** (which is funny in itself).

That’s remarkable; look how our Bills are all growns up.  When the schedule came out and it was talked about how they only had five early Sunday games all year it didn’t sound as significant…but playing three of them in the first four weeks brings it home.  We’re a national draw from here on out.

Go Bills!  Squish the Fish!

19 and 1, Babyyyyyyyyy!!!

My Dad is so angry about this.....he is older and was used to Bills play at 1PM on Sunday because of the drought....he s retired but cant stay up, LOL.    This comes with the territory of being a great team that networks want to show.

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

The worst part of Thursday night football is the damage it does to the players and coaches.  They have a regular schedule for game planning, healing injuries and bruises, coaching up the plays for the game, etc during the week for Sunday games.  Monday night screws it up to an extent, but Thursday is just too far out of the healing/coaching schedule.  I don't think ANY of the players prefer Thursday night games to a steady dose of Sunday at 1 pm local time.

I don't think it does any damage to coaches....injuries and whatnot, sure I have heard players talk that they don't like it.  Coaches work relentlessly anyway and everyone gets a mini bye after the game which gives them some extra healing for the next game.  Even though they don't like it, they like their salaries and the salary cap growing and it is all tied to that.  It's an entertainment business.

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

We lived in California for years, and I agree about the nice early start times.  Later we moved to Alaska, another hour west, so the early games started at 9 am our time.  That was almost too early.  

That said, if "the biggest benefit to the west coast is that MNF/TNF are done by 8:30pm" that's not really saying much about the west coast.  

(sorry. I was kidding. Like “we planned this for 15 years, bought our dream house, love it here, blah blah” and still getting to be before 10pm on Thursdays is the best. Obviously my joke didn’t land! 🙃

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

100% agree. Will never understand how the NFLPA went along with the Thursday night games.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:44 PM, Fan in Chicago said:

I empathize with you - I am going on a short road trip with friends and family, there is a 3:30 am India vs Australia World Cup cricket match and then this Jags game in London. Too much sports, too little time

Me Too....That game (Cricket World Cup) will finish at 10 PM for me and then the Bills game at Jax will start !!!!!  Too much to watch and so less time !!! Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:53 AM, eball said:

…after Sunday the Bills only have two 1 p.m. Sunday games remaining on the schedule…both matchups with the Pats*** (which is funny in itself).

That’s remarkable; look how our Bills are all growns up.  When the schedule came out and it was talked about how they only had five early Sunday games all year it didn’t sound as significant…but playing three of them in the first four weeks brings it home.  We’re a national draw from here on out.

Yeah, I remember players for the Bills loving the constant 1 pm games because of routine and how hard it can be to switch different times almost every week. 

On 9/28/2023 at 6:53 AM, eball said:

13….

3 —Miami week 18 is TBD. 2 vs NE 

5 — evening Cin, tb, chargers, giants , denver 

1– London JAX. 

4 425  KC , PHL, dal, jets 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.