Bears DC Alan Williams Leave of Absence

Captain Caveman

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Good points here.  A computer is ALWAYS impounded as most people use one to communicate and it's a treasure trove of evidence for many federal crimes, particularly those involving tax, financial crimes, or, well, you know the others.  But it doesn't mean its' the others, but Eberflus crying is not great sign.  Most people don't do that over hearing so and so is accused of tax fraud or embezzlement, but who knows, perhaps he stole from the Bears? 

Well, if it's truly health issues, Williams could have just gotten a horrible health diagnosis for himself or a close family member.  An empathetic boss might struggle not to tear up for that.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Years ago, we had site security and a bunch of FBI agents show up "are you (name)?" "yes" "you're under arrest" up against the wall, taken away in handcuffs, computer impounded as evidence, fired from his job.

Rumors of horrible doings abounded, but no charges were ever filed and a month or two later (name) was seen going about with his grandkids, acting like any retired person.  (He was a gun enthusiast, and involved in all kinds of fring-y bulletin boards, it was just after 9/11, so there may have been something involving arms sales that brought in the FBI)

So true, they don't show up to say hello, but they also aren't an infalliable marker for horrid deeds. 

Matt Eberflus struggling not to cry isn't a good sign though (IF that part is true)

When we lived in Florida the FBI raided a beautiful waterfront high rise condo at like 4am. They separated the husband and wife immediately and began interrogating. It turns out a guy living on a boat in the bay in front of them was hooked into their unsecured wi-fi, and he was into very bad things. No, they are NOT infallible, and nobody knows it better than that couple! I can’t imagine how freaked out I’d be initially.  

For the record, that’s why I deleted that post. I’m surprised you got the quote, but that’s fine. I like to be a wait and see the facts person, but it does not sound good. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The source claiming the FBI raided Halas Hall has been refuted by Bears spokespeople.

If that's the only source for the claim that the FBI raided Williams house, that claim may be questionable.

Maybe he is resigning for health reasons - he wasn't at the Tampa game and Eberflus called the defense.

So Tillman calling Eberflus and him crying are also rumors? 

Damn. 

Just now, Beck Water said:

Not to question your no doubt erudite proclamations, but while one can verify that something actually occurred pretty quickly - it's generally accepted as rather more difficult than that to "verify" something was made up. 

If some random account posts something that reliable sources have not, that's the first red flag. Then you go from there. Not that difficult, so I'm not sure why you're so riled up about it. 

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Good points here.  A computer is ALWAYS impounded as most people use one to communicate and it's a treasure trove of evidence for many federal crimes, particularly those involving tax, financial crimes, or, well, you know the others.  But it doesn't mean its' the others, but Eberflus crying is not great sign.  Most people don't do that over hearing so and so is accused of tax fraud or embezzlement, but who knows, perhaps he stole from the Bears? 

I don't think anyone credible reported Eberflus crying some of this story has been denied by the Bears, the raid on Halas Hall, maybe there is some truth still at the center of it but I wouldn't put it past that account to add that crying description for added drama.

• Agree 1

Just now, Max Fischer said:

If some random account posts something that reliable sources have not, that's the first red flag. Then you go from there. Not that difficult, so I'm not sure why you're so riled up about it. 

It's not a small point actually.  You can discredit a specific source in a fairly straightforward way, but to prove something didn't happen is more involved and time-consuming.  That's at the heart of the saying "a lie travels around the world in the time the truth takes to put shoes on", Brandolini's law, etc.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

It's not a small point actually.  You can discredit a specific source in a fairly straightforward way, but to prove something didn't happen is more involved and time-consuming.  That's at the heart of the saying "a lie travels around the world in the time the truth takes to put shoes on", Brandolini's law, etc.

It would have been easier if you just agreed with my original post. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

can't blame him.  QB purgatory.  

I don't agree with that. Fields is just historicallllyyyyy bad dude. 

Pace has done a solid job with the team ... he knew that this coming draft was significantly better than the past so he didn't take a QB. 

He will fire Eberflus, have another solid draft and get his QB (i can't remember if he drafted Fields or not)

Just now, warrior9 said:

I don't agree with that. Fields is just historicallllyyyyy bad dude. 

Pace has done a solid job with the team ... he knew that this coming draft was significantly better than the past so he didn't take a QB. 

He will fire Eberflus, have another solid draft and get his QB (i can't remember if he drafted Fields or not)

If they would stop trying to turn Fields into a pocket passer and just run the snot out of him they might get better results. In retrospect, they should have taken Davis Mills.

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I read an interesting theory on the Bears message board. They think that Eberflus told him that he was going to call the defensive plays and that he suddenly had health issues to attend to. I think that this is what happened with Frazier, FWIW. BTW, I think the FBI raid stories are all false. 

Seems like the FBI raid on Williams was false but they really raided Peterman in an investigation of him defrauding several organizations into thinking he was an NFL quarterback.

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.