TBD Tailgate Post-party thread

Simon

The funniest thing that happened all weekend was @BringBackFergy losing the entire left sole of his golf shoe somewhere around the 15th hole. 😂

Tailgate was on the tamer side. What I didn’t expect was that 95% of the fans along Abbott Road would be gone due to stadium construction. I was trying to tell @GoBills808 that all you could see was a sea of humanity as far as the eye can see and what we got was a big ####### in the ground!

Almost everyone I saw was asking where @Gugny was. The air of disappointment over our group of pre-game warriors l was heavy indeed. 

I was responding to group texts prior to going to Danny’s the night before and @Guffalo had my number listed under @AiO, which got everyone excited. The disappointment when they found out that was me that was going to be coming to Danny’s was palpable.

Of course, no NFL game would be complete without @GoBills808 completely missing a bet, which was a Bills win while failing to cover the spread and betting the under. 😂

We were spoiled once again with great food. I know I’m gonna miss some stuff but the homemade sausages, ribs, breakfast sandwiches, wings were outstanding. No Stromboli for me this weekend.

Danny Brown Wtf GIF by DANNY'S HOUSE

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

he’s one of those dudes that torpedoes his first couple holes and then he magically finds his wallet before he goes on a tear. Essentially Woody Harrelson in white men can’t jump.

I bet he looks like this

image.thumb.png.ff62a2400011f3669721b35fd4332af0.png

• Like (+1) 1

Not tailgate related, but I warned 808 that whoever sat in front of us was going to be a disaster because my life…

That’s when this little dump truck decided to stand right in front of me, while the entire section was sitting down, and SWAYED back-and-forth while staring off into space. 🤦‍♂️

IMG_0838.jpeg

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Not tailgate related, but I warned call Bill’s Adaway that whoever Santa front of us was going to be a disaster because my life…

That’s when this little dump truck decided to stand right in front of me, while the entire section was sitting down, and SWAYING back-and-forth while staring off into space. 🤦‍♂️

IMG_0838.jpeg

F.A.S.T.

7 hours ago, Simon said:

Galdangit, there goes my rusty gate joke. :censored:

Rusty gate definitely. 3-4 Labatts was a nice lubricant. Losing the sole of my shoe lost me the round against @SDS. He had a sweet birdie, though, which I scored for @GoBills808. Of course, he caught my "mistake". 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Rusty gate definitely. 3-4 Labatts was a nice lubricant. Losing the sole of my shoe lost me the round against @SDS. He had a sweet birdie, though, which I scored for @GoBills808. Of course, he caught my mistake. 

you forgot the quotes around the word mistake.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No name tags but I tried to introduce myself as Simon

The Cleti kid tried to fight me a few times. Didn't work out for the poor teen. We slow danced. He was confused. Then Mr ags scared the ***** out of him over and over. 

Everyone was great! The only new person I met this year was 808. 

That means more new faces need to join!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Such a great time seeing everyone - thanks for the food, beer and laughs everyone!! :beer: 

And, if you're a TBD member that's never done a home opener, I highly recommend it.  The good company, food, costumes, music, choice of beverages and vibes are always just epic.  There's just no place like Hammer's before the first game in Buffalo. 🙏

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, boyst said:

The Cleti kid tried to fight me a few times. Didn't work out for the poor teen. We slow danced. He was confused. Then Mr ags scared the ***** out of him over and over.

You know you dipsticks are only making him stronger.

In 10 years, he's going to curbstomp both of you.

17 minutes ago, boyst said:

No name tags but I tried to introduce myself as Simon

Everyone was great! The only new person I met this year was 808. 

That means more new faces need to join!

That was pretty awesome. Probably lasted at least 10 minutes straight. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

You know you dipsticks are only making him stronger.

In 10 years, he's going to curbstomp both of you.

If he takes after Mrs cletus yes

If after his dad, no. I've seen a tree root beat his ass... but I did drop him on it. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

That was pretty awesome. Probably lasted at least 10 minutes straight. 

It was basically like r lee in full metal jacket for those who weren't there🤣

15 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Such a great time seeing everyone - thanks for the food, beer and laughs everyone!! :beer: 

And, if you're a TBD member that's never done a home opener, I highly recommend it.  The good company, food, costumes, music, choice of beverages and vibes are always just epic.  There's just no place like Hammer's before the first game in Buffalo. 🙏

And as @GoBills808can attest when back home in Hawaii in 3 hrs...

Don't worry about bringing anything

You'll be taken care of.

Pick up ice and beer. Maybe doughnuts that morning if you feel obligated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Or, everyone's name tag says Gugny.  

That would be funny. But not as funny as buying out the whole TBD area of the lot. And making sure Hammer doesn’t park anyone there. Meanwhile we all tailgate in another lot entirely. I’ll borrow my buddies drone and we could just all watch on a tv, live, a half mile away, as @Gugny sits in the lot all by himself with no one else there. 

Edited by mrags
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

That would be funny. But not as funny as buying out the whole TBD area of the lot. And making sure Hammer doesn’t park anyone there. Meanwhile we all tailgate in another lot entirely. I’ll borrow my buddies drone and we could just all watch on a tv, live, a half mile away, as @Gugny sits in the lot all by himself with no one else there. 

The only issue with that, is he would get the "First In The Lot" belt.  You got to defend that belt mister. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Oh, I’m sure I’d get a visit from Hammer to tell me how lucky I am for his presence, then to ask me to clean up and end the evening with a nice “f*ck off!!”  

Sign me up!!

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

The only issue with that, is he would get the "First In The Lot" belt.  You got to defend that belt mister. 

That belt specifically states it’s for the “TBDAHOT First In The Lot” It does t specify which parking area that is. If the official TBD tailgate is moved to a different lot then I just have to be in the new lot first. 

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I’m sure I’d get a visit from Hammer to tell me how lucky I am for his presence, then to ask me to clean up and end the evening with a nice “f*ck off!!”  

Sign me up!!

Well. It would all be true. 

Just be blessed he doesn’t make you clean the port-o-potty’s 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

That belt specifically states it’s for the “TBDAHOT First In The Lot” It does t specify which parking area that is. If the official TBD tailgate is moved to a different lot then I just have to be in the new lot first. 

Does waking up in the lot count?

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Does waking up in the lot count?

We’ve already been over this. I’m going to buy a beater and keep it at Hammers permanently and claim first in the lot forever. Or at least until he sells the lot to the Bills for $10m and we all have to go somewhere else because the Bills and the NFL won’t allow anyone in lots before 9am. 

Well. It would all be true. 

Just be blessed he doesn’t make you clean the port-o-potty’s 

Ah, yes. The porta potties and fresh gravel. SIXTY DOLLA FO YOU!!!

Gouger. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just wait until the new stadium is built and parking is at least $100

Yep. But there is no need (other than greed) to expedite it. 

Belligerent, pompous douche who will never see another nickel from me. 

But I can’t wait to see everyone there!!

We’ve already been over this. I’m going to buy a beater and keep it at Hammers permanently and claim first in the lot forever. Or at least until he sells the lot to the Bills for $10m and we all have to go somewhere else because the Bills and the NFL won’t allow anyone in lots before 9am. 

image.thumb.png.6e4a8c0255b9e6c961422b01ecfc06ac.png

1 minute ago, Simon said:

image.thumb.png.6e4a8c0255b9e6c961422b01ecfc06ac.png

Nice pair of 10” kicker subs 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yep. But there is no need (other than greed) to expedite it. 

Belligerent, pompous douche who will never see another nickel from me. 

But I can’t wait to see everyone there!!

You already said you were going to be there next year. Now you’re saying he won’t get another penny from you? Which is it. Can’t have both. Youre going to make him change his policy and start charging people to enter the tailgate area instead of by the car. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.