The biggest non play Monday night

Billever76

It's 4th and 2,we have just knocked Rodgers out of the game. The entire stadium was flat and in disbelief what just happened...the MOMENTUM was screaming come and take me....womp womp womp McDermott trots out Tyler bass for a chip shot FG and a 3 point lead...what a gutless Coaching decision

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 18
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, MJS said:

In a defensive struggle where your offense is scratching and clawing for every yard? You take the points there. It was the right call.

It was the beginning of the game....Rodgers was just taken out...we had drove down the field and had a dagger ready to stab all momentum out of the entire stadium.... McDermott chose a pillow over the dagger

• Disagree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You take the points. You have zack wilson coming in with a poor offensive line in front of him. Should be a cake walk...................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

McDermott makes some head-scratchers, isn’t wasn’t one of them.

More upset over the 3 & out play call in OT

Gotta think he knows his players and at that point he knew Josh was in a sugar induced coma throwing up ducks hoping for a miracle.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ramza86 said:

You take the points. You have zack wilson coming in with a poor offensive line in front of him. Should be a cake walk...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Would Andy Reid take the points? That's what separates good coaches from the greats...football is about momentum..early in the game we pick up that 4th and go in to score a TD the jets NEVER RECOVER

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

Gotta think he knows his players and at that point he knew Josh was in a sugar induced coma throwing up ducks hoping for a miracle.

Except josh gave no indication he was sugar rush at that point lol...he was efficient and taking what the defense left open...nah that screams I don't trust my guys to pick up 2 yards 

• Disagree 1

Just now, AuntieEm said:

Hè maybe should have pulled Josh for a bit after 3rd int.  Give him a reality check not pleasant but anyone here think  that would snap Josh out of thinking too much.  The shock would certainly get his attention.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Would Andy Reid take the points? That's what separates good coaches from the greats...football is about momentum..early in the game we pick up that 4th and go in to score a TD the jets NEVER RECOVER

Except josh gave no indication he was sugar rush at that point lol...he was efficient and taking what the defense left open...nah that screams I don't trust my guys to pick up 2 yards 

I was responding to the point someone said they were more concerned about the 3 and out in it.  By then everyone knew Josh was  in a comatose state.  I would not even have questioned if McDermott let Kyle play the ot . Talk about hammering home the take what they give game if  Kyle pulled the game out in ot doing just that.  It would have caused a media  sideshow though that could derail the whole team into a divided  group.    But it certainly is possible that would have been a correct  call.  But it is only 1st game so it isn't quite that desperate as te.  As a coach I'd tell Jish if he keeps getting into these fun thatvwill happen.  Just letting him know he'd do that might prevent Josh from Fallin into the chasm in future games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.