What will your over reaction to Monday's Jets - Bills game be?

Chaos

What will your over reaction to Monday's Jets - Bills game be?   

81 members have voted

1. 1. What will your reaction be if the Bills beat the Jets?

• Super Bowl Baby, the Rodgers hype is debunked
    • Its only one game against a team who didn't make the playoffs last year, doesn't matter
  2. 2. What will your reaction be if the Jets beat the Bills

• Season is over, playoffs are out of reach
    • Its only one game against a team who added a HOF QB as the last piece to a great team, doesn't matter.

I don't know I'm feeling really good about this season, we needed to fix the OL and I think we did that enough to keep Josh Allen alive (Hopefully), defense looks much improved with the additions of Poona Ford/Leonard Floyd and we get our guys back somewhat healthy (fingers crossed on Hydes health this season), I think we have more than enough fire power on both sides of the ball to make a run again this season imo. The 1st game of the season is always wacky so I won't get too high or low regardless.

Right or wrong - If the Bills handily beat the Jets tomorrow night, I will at least consider them the early AFC front runner to reach the Super Bowl, given the weakness that the Chiefs and Bengals showed in Week 1.  And it will go a long way towards ending the narrative that the Bills have already missed their chance.

On 9/8/2023 at 3:47 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Why does everything have to always be so dramatic lol.  How about not over reacting to a week 1 game instead, win or lose

I think a lot will depend on how each team plays. If it's a hard fought, solid, fundamentally sound, etc...then I don't think there will be huge overreactions. If there are serious flaws, weakness exposed, poor play by certain players, and poor coaching that might be a different story. 

In the end, a week one team is likely to look much different than a week 17 team. 

Nevertheless, every game is important and every win gets a team closer to their goals. 

Man, do I hope the Bills win tomorrow. 

23 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I don't know I'm feeling really good about this season, we needed to fix the OL and I think we did that enough to keep Josh Allen alive (Hopefully), defense looks much improved with the additions of Poona Ford/Leonard Floyd and we get our guys back somewhat healthy (fingers crossed on Hydes health this season), I think we have more than enough fire power on both sides of the ball to make a run again this season imo. The 1st game of the season is always wacky so I won't get too high or low regardless.

1st game of the season is NOT always "wacky." 

You are setting up a nice rationalization as an out for our loss, if we lose, before the game is played.

All part of being a Bills fan.

😆

My overreaction is that was so bad that if Josh Allen came out tomorrow and said he was stepping away from football for a period for personal reasons I would not be totally stunned. 

I think there is something going on his head that isn't football. I don't know what but he just does not look, sound or play like himself.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

My overreaction is that was so bad that if Josh Allen came out tomorrow and said he was stepping away from football for a period for personal reasons I would not be totally stunned. 

I think there is something going on his head that isn't football. I don't know what but he just does not look, sound or play like himself.

I think the Jets defense just gets in his head.  They are the dragon he's yet to slay.  He tries to do to much and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  He was doing well...just taking what the defense was giving him.  Then with that success he tries to do more and he takes chances.  And he pays for it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.