Nice Discussion About Bills.

newcam2012

Decent convo..

We have a much improved roster. People just have short memories,  beat KC in Arrowhead, nearly undefeated,  had 1 terrible showing unfortunately in the playoffs.  They're going to be starving and humble,  the Diggs talk is just the media talking b.s..The girl was making the most sense by Far

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I can't stand the Diggs talk. Just lazy journalists talking bs

That's the trouble with acting out like an infant on national television and cultivating this online persona of being unhappy multi-millionaire getting to wear designer threads and mope around. Don't really need Stef to be something he isn't, but one opens themselves up to this kind of shock journalism when they - hate to say it - act like they are unhappy in their current situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Decent convo..

We have a much improved roster. People just have short memories,  beat KC in Arrowhead, nearly undefeated,  had 1 terrible showing unfortunately in the playoffs.  They're going to be starving and humble,  the Diggs talk is just the media talking b.s..The girl was making the most sense by Far

I thought Shady was pretty good too. 

What they really failed to talk about were the injuries. I don't agree that the roster is worse or barely better. On paper, the Bills improved  by a decent margin. 

I did like how they gave Allen his due respect. 

They were splitting hairs on a lot of things but it's TV. They have to keep the audience entertained. 

I do agree that KC and Cincinnati should be ranked ahead of the Bills. They are more proven in the post season. 

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Agree but it makes for entertaining TV. Sometimes the truth is secondary to a juicy story. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Well, there was a price to be paid for the Bills / Bengals playoff loss and how we lost it 

I’m a Bills fan so I know that wasn’t “who we are” but from a national perspective you are only as good as your last game, and everyone saw the Bills lay a giant, stinking turd on the Highmark turf the last time they saw them.

The roster is markedly improved over last season at every position but LB (and Kirksey may change that).

10-7 or 9-8 predictions with this roster are absurd, in my opinion.  I will not be surprised one bit if the Bills win 13 or 14 games, and I’d hammer any “over 10” win total bet.

The biggest question facing this team isn’t whether they will make the playoffs…it is whether this coaching staff can get them over the hump once they get there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

First off, Pat McAfee is ***** jacked. Would've loved him in a Bills uniform. Prolly the most fearless punter ever.

Secondly, is this the real newcam2012?? I mean a pretty positive post. That's not like you. 🤣

Everything isn't all negative in Bills land. I remain skeptical on several fronts; but the beginning of each new season brings renewed hope and optimism especially with a healthy number 17. 

The Bills aren't far away from achieving their goal of a SB. It just seems so far away at the same time. The last few early playoffs exits don't make things easier. 

Go Bills!

12 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

That show is awful. Just another crappy sports talk programme where they all disagree with each other to create fake tension.

To be honest I'm not a great fan of the show either. However, I did think several on the panel brought up some legit points. Some were pretty far off too. It was worth a watch in my eyes. 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I thought Shady was pretty good too. 

What they really failed to talk about were the injuries. I don't agree that the roster is worse or barely better. On paper, the Bills improved  by a decent margin. 

I did like how they gave Allen his due respect. 

They were splitting hairs on a lot of things but it's TV. They have to keep the audience entertained. 

I do agree that KC and Cincinnati should be ranked ahead of the Bills. They are more proven in the post season. 

Agree but it makes for entertaining TV. Sometimes the truth is secondary to a juicy story. 

Agreed. Shady was fair, the dude next to him is talking crazy, i don't mind if they talk bad about Buf but at least have a factual , intelligent reason 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m a Bills fan so I know that wasn’t “who we are” but from a national perspective you are only as good as your last game, and everyone saw the Bills lay a giant, stinking turd on the Highmark turf the last time they saw them.

The roster is markedly improved over last season at every position but LB (and Kirksey may change that).

10-7 or 9-8 predictions with this roster are absurd, in my opinion.  I will not be surprised one bit if the Bills win 13 or 14 games, and I’d hammer any “over 10” win total bet.

The biggest question facing this team isn’t whether they will make the playoffs…it is

A few things here. 

The Bills aren't a lock to make the playoffs. Sure it's likely and I'd be disappointed and very surprised if they don't. However,  there isn't a huge separation in the division. The Bills also have to play KC, Cincinnati, and Philly. Many variables like injuries could certainly derail a playoff bid. 

I'd be very surprised if the Bills win 13 or 14 games. Of course, it's possible but it sure seems overly optimistic to me. 10-7 is definitely in play in my mind. 9-8 is probably the floor. We will find out soon enough. 

"whether this coaching staff can get them over the hump once they get there." I get that perspective. Partly true but I'd add can the coaches not get in the way of the players? No McD fan here when it comes playoff time. The Bills coaches staff has to prove a lot going forward. 

39 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Everything isn't all negative in Bills land. I remain skeptical on several fronts; but the beginning of each new season brings renewed hope and optimism especially with a healthy number 17. 

The Bills aren't far away from achieving their goal of a SB. It just seems so far away at the same time. The last few early playoffs exits don't make things easier. 

Go Bills!

I hate to be negative myself, but I really don't have as much hope for this year as I did the past two. I have season tickets, and I hope they surprise me this year. If they fail again, I may not renew next season. Too expensive to watch a team go downhill. But like I said....I am praying they kick some ass this year and shut all the talking heads up for once. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

yea it sure is and I think this week coming up starting tuesday its going to be the worst its ever been.  ESPN is going to make this the Aaron Rodgers game and the B talking point will be diggs vs allen

I dont watch the stuff but for those who do it is going to stink.

• Agree 1

National sports media daily playlist:

Topic #1 - Aaron Rodgers & Jets hype

Topic #2 - Cowboys

Topic #3 - Mahomes blowing

- Large Drop-off - 

Topic #4 - Bring on ex-athletes for generic, no-impact "analysis" 

- Large Drop-off - 

Topic #5 - Stock up / Stock Down - Bills on the Stock Down, Dolphins on the Stock Up 

• Haha (+1) 1

If the Bills take a step back this season it will be because of the age of some of key players. Von, Hyde, Poyer, Diggs, Morse. These guys are getting very close to hitting that wall. Even some of our "younger" key guys could be at ages where they start to take smaller steps back. Guys like Milano, Tre and Dawkins. 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.