2023 Bills Practice Squad Complete

ngbills

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I just looked at the final practice squad for the first time today and I'm shocked to see AJ Klein isn't there. Unless I'm missing it? He was taking 1st team reps for us just two weeks ago, and now just like that he is completely gone. I thought for sure they would keep him on the PS if for nothing else than an emergency option that knows the system.

Looks like Kirskey is his replacement.  

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1697221055843057863?s=46&t=RLsRhQJBb5vROsgfJWkwSw

QB Shane Buechele is the final PS addition. Formerly of the Chiefs.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/shane-buechele/32004255-4513-3180-19c0-87196ba1f81a

Lacks the mobility, size and arm strength teams typically look for out of a pro quarterback.

Doesn’t give me much confidence when talking about developmental QB and not someone I expect to see the field this year. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1697221055843057863?s=46&t=RLsRhQJBb5vROsgfJWkwSw

QB Shane Buechele is the final PS addition. Formerly of the Chiefs.

I like the move.  Has some dual threat ability, and had a good preseason (however bit of letdown vs Browns).

He's the young type I was hoping for. IMO, he's got ability to be a future backup.  He signed here vs Chiefs, likely knowing he has a chance to impress and get to the 53 at some point possibly later in year.

• ngbills changed the title to 2023 Bills Practice Squad Complete
On 8/30/2023 at 12:11 PM, ngbills said:

WR Andy Isabella

WR Tyrell Shavers

WR Marcell Ateman

WR Bryan Thompson

TE Joel Wilson

OL Richard Gouraige

OL Kevin Jarvis

OL Greg Mancz

RB Ty Johnson

QB Shane Buechele

LB Christian Kirksey (Finalizing deal)

DB Ja'Marcus Ingram

DB Kyron Brown

DE Kameron Cline

DT Eli Ankou

DT Kendal Vickers

no Bottinger or Klein.  Surprising,  particularly  no AJ Klein. 

On 8/30/2023 at 12:36 PM, Kmart128 said:

Think id rather have Jace Sternberger on the PS. But this Wilson kid must have shown the coaches a little something this offseason.

Something that Steenbergen didn’t - blocking and catching.

Happy to see Ankou came back. Was worried after he outplayed Poona Ford by a vast margin and got cut anyway. He had a great preseason. Must have been a strategic decision by the brain trust to try to keep both.

9 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Why did Ike Boettger get cut? Wasn’t he the starting guard in the championship game just a few years ago? 

He was JAG - before his Achilles injury. That seemed to have cost him all ability to anchor against a power rush, his preseason tape for pass protection was a horror show, and the run blocking wasn’t in the same league of guys like Edwards, Anderson or Broeker either.

On 8/31/2023 at 11:32 PM, RyanC883 said:

no Bottinger or Klein.  Surprising,  particularly  no AJ Klein. 

Not surprising there's no AJ Klein. The plan was to evaluate Bernard and Dodson this season (Bernard in particular) and use Klein as a steady veteran safety valve if there were a problem.

With Bernard missing all of the Pre-Season and Dodson performing poorly, they felt they needed a better veteran presence and a player they could count on more. So they got Christian Kirksey. This made Klein expendable.

54 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's gotten bad!! Shame they couldn't keep Nick Broeker. 

Broeker... Is the epitome of the ***** line depth in the league 

His tape in the sec is NOT good ... If it WAS good.. he wouldn't last till round 7

Its bad..  but he has years of starting experience in the sec... So the league will take a flyer 

But it's a flyer ... He doesn't have anything that would make me think hes a starting guard on a decent team

Low floor low ceiling  ... I'm not surprised he didn't make the 53

On 8/31/2023 at 8:24 AM, FLFan said:

Looks like Kirskey is his replacement.  

It's also possible that Klein stays in shape should we need him in the latter part of season.  Not like he is likely to be getting many offers from other teams.  He might be ok  retiring otherwise.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.