Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I feel like Cam Lewis has more utility to this team than Kaiir Elam, given that the former can play two positions and is a standout special teamer, and the latter is 4th string at his position and is not a standout special teamer.

I'm not predicting that they cut Elam, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they traded him and Lewis made the team.

Cam “can’t knock the ball down on 4th and forever” Lewis?

No freaking thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

Keep Kyle for continuity and sign/trade for a vet who is younger, and better,than Barkley. My concern; if Josh misses game (s) will we have a backup that can keep the team afloat?

If we get a QB better than Barkley then by default he’s immediately better than Allen. So really, there’d still be no need to keep Allen.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With Bills cuts coming in, bumping this up top for discussion.

With Bills cuts coming in, bumping this up top for discussion.

To keep that thread clean I'll comment here.

I'm wondering if Dean Marlowe makes it to the PS.

The RB PS spot is a tough choice.  I can make an argument for Evans and Johnson.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

To keep that thread clean I'll comment here.

I'm wondering if Dean Marlowe makes it to the PS.

The RB PS spot is a tough choice.  I can make an argument for Evans and Johnson.

Don't forget about Mims. He looked good as well. I would think one of Marlowe or even Zayne Anderson end up on PS as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts
1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope Alex Austin is brought back to the PS

Speaking about Austin, anybody knows how it works if he (or any other rookie for that matter) ends up on PS and then later in season is signed to 53? Does he get "original" 4-year rookie contract, or that contract ends with his first release and he needs to sign completely new one?

https://x.com/ryantalbotbills/status/1696516375496577058?s=46&t=RLsRhQJBb5vROsgfJWkwSw

Keeping discussion here as @BuffaloBillyGrequests. 

I bet Shavers makes the Practice Squad. I don’t think he’s valuable enough to get picked up by a team, but he has good physical talent and is someone to stash and develop.

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Speaking about Austin, anybody knows how it works if he (or any other rookie for that matter) ends up on PS and then later in season is signed to 53? Does he get "original" 4-year rookie contract, or that contract ends with his first release and he needs to sign completely new one?

If he clears waivers his original rookie contract is dropped and he becomes an UFA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

The whole dump on Elam thing is legit. McDermott can coach CB'S. he got a lot out of some underwhelming guys and I really wanted Bradberry here.

But, it's too early to give up on Elam for anything less than a quality player and a 3rd. The prob is CB's don't have the value to trade for LB or OL like we need.

If anything wait until the deadline and package him up for a 3rd 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.