Bills sign LB DaShaun White | Recently in the USFL

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I don't normally call out someone, but this post is pure distain for Bean and nothing to do with the signing. There were 2 open spots on the roster. We still have a 3rd preseason game to get through, and we need bodies. LB is a concern. Odds are no one brought in at this juncture is going to make the 53. He's taking a shot on a guy that is costing nothing. If the signing wasn't reported you would have never even known the guy existed on the team. Maybe we'd be better off not trying at all?

You truly believe this guy is worth the time or effort to compete against players already fighting for a starting LB  spot.  He is not,  that is why he is or was in the USFL.  There is a difference on being smart with talent and wasting money on personnel that will never start on any NFL team.  He is to small and will get knocked around to easily.  

Get real.

44 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

You truly believe this guy is worth the time or effort to compete against players already fighting for a starting LB  spot.  He is not,  that is why he is or was in the USFL.  There is a difference on being smart with talent and wasting money on personnel that will never start on any NFL team.  He is to small and will get knocked around to easily.  

Get real.

I never said he was worth anything. In fact I said no one brought in at this time will make the roster. It's like the old basketball saying "you will miss every shot not taken." This guy cost us nothing. Let him get beat up in the final preseason game and move on.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

This guy seems best suited  as a WILL LB so not sure this solves our MLB problem 

I doubt this guy has anything to do with MLB.  Bernard is out, Milano won't play, and I doubt they want Williams to play the entire final preseason game.

I would think they don't want a veteran like Klien playing a lot, so this guy is a warm body in case another LB gets dinged Saturday.

There has to be better players than this guy at cutdown time to address MLB.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Another small LBer...which is what they apparently like so it fits.

Meanwhile, Jets and Pats add RBs, Miami doing "due diligence" on JT. Thinking perhaps teams are eyeing Buffalo and their small LBers as a team to run against. Pound the rock, physically dominate the line AND keep Allen off the field. Solid gameplanning on their part if true.

I hope and pray every team we face decides to "pound the rock." We will blow the doors off any team that decides to run a 1950s offense. Sure, could our D be susceptible, yup, but you will not score enough points, and I don't care how much time you take off the clock. Buffalo can score 21 points in a flash, and all the ball control in the world won't let them catch back up.

4 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I never said he was worth anything. In fact I said no one brought in at this time will make the roster. It's like the old basketball saying "you will miss every shot not taken." This guy cost us nothing. Let him get beat up in the final preseason game and move on.

I disagree. He is a fluid player and a good tackler (I've watched like 3 whole minutes of film, so I'm an expert after all). But, seriously, he may very well end up on our practice squad. We love this tweener type of player: one part safety, one part linebacker. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.