Bills linked to Jason Peters

DJB

5 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Peters was signed for over $3million a year, not a low ball vet min.

Yeah, like that was a lot.:rolleyes:

You can't be paying your stud young LT $3M per year and then sign some slightly above average guard(Derrick Dockery) to a shocking 7 year $49M contract and also a big stiff RT in Langston Walker 5 year $25M. 

Letting their LT Jonas Jennings leave in UFA in 2005........knowing that they were going to move Peters to LT..........and then subsequently signing those two UFA's to huge contracts after already making it clear that they would gladly accommodate any player who didn't want to be in Buffalo was like chumming the water for agent sharks.  

The Jauron era Bills just had no idea what they were doing.........they brought 100% of their problems with players on themselves with their mismanagement.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was Jim McNally.  The Bills moving on from him after the 2007 season was another reason Peters was done with the Bills.

McNally was a typical Bills coach and executive of the era..........collecting a paycheck with one foot in retirement...........like Tom Modrak scouting from his couch. :lol:

The exaggerated credit Mouse is given for helping Peters was always kinda' laughable.   In like 3 months he went from a college TE to a dominant starting RT.    Peters was just an outrageous talent who was far superior to the stiffs you'd normally find at RT.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Two things regarding Jason peters

Last year the word is he played quite well, so it’s not like a minimum level tackle would come in with the expectation that he would suck

But

He is very injury prone, so you couldn’t be in a position where you were relying on him

That being said, Vandemark is very intriguing to me I think that the bills may have found some thing with this guy

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Two things regarding Jason peters

Last year the word is he played quite well, so it’s not like a minimum level tackle would come in with the expectation that he would suck

But

He is very injury prone, so you couldn’t be in a position where you were relying on him

That being said, Vandemark is very intriguing to me I think that the bills may have found some thing with this guy

He has a lot of traits.. and physical upside..

He was really raw because he didn't get coached up the best... He's a long-term project with high upside who's already been playing pretty well

He can be a pretty good LT in a few years 

Edited by Buffalo716

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He has a lot of traits.. and physical upside..

He was really raw because he didn't get coached up the best... He's a long-term project with high upside who's already been playing pretty well

He can be a pretty good LT in a few years 

Dion Dawkins has physical upsize.

57 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't understand if you're trying to bash Dion or praise him

But he's a lot better than most on this board think

He's not a bottom 10 left tackle in the world

Oh, it's both good and bad. He's better than given credit for here because most people on this board have the knowledge base of middle school football or 6 years of Madden. 

He is good, but he is a system LT. If I am GM I plan a replacement by 2025. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Oh, it's both good and bad. He's better than given credit for here because most people on this board have the knowledge base of middle school football or 6 years of Madden. 

Van demark might be ready to compete for a starting job by then

But I'd be drafting one early soon

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, like that was a lot.:rolleyes:

You can't be paying your stud young LT $3M per year and then sign some slightly above average guard(Derrick Dockery) to a shocking 7 year $49M contract and also a big stiff RT in Langston Walker 5 year $25M. 

Letting their LT Jonas Jennings leave in UFA in 2005........knowing that they were going to move Peters to LT..........and then subsequently signing those two UFA's to huge contracts after already making it clear that they would gladly accommodate any player who didn't want to be in Buffalo was like chumming the water for agent sharks.  

The Jauron era Bills just had no idea what they were doing.........they brought 100% of their problems with players on themselves with their mismanagement.

I don’t know if I am remebering this wrong.But at the time I thought Jason Peters main beef was the Bills wanted to pay him like a tightend like they drafted him and not left tackle money that they were asking him to play?

As soon as we traded him to Philly they instantly paid him left tackle money…Bills in my opinion definately mismanaged contracts back then.Esp paying Marcell Darius big money to be a defensive tackle.

3 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

I don’t know if I am remebering this wrong.But at the time I thought Jason Peters main beef was the Bills wanted to pay him like a tightend like they drafted him and not left tackle money that they were asking him to play?

As soon as we traded him to Philly they instantly paid him left tackle money…Bills in my opinion definately mismanaged contracts back then.Esp paying Marcell Darius big money to be a defensive tackle.

Peters was under a 5 year $15M contract..........which he signed to play RT.........but then got immediately moved to LT by the team and dominated and 2 years in at LT he wanted his deal re-done to reflect the change.  The Bills only excuse was that they don't re-do deals.   Which doesn't fly with young stars at key positions.     

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't understand if you're trying to bash Dion or praise him

But he's a lot better than most on this board think

He's not a bottom 10 left tackle in the world

Since the Bills had several bottom 10 (maybe bottom 3) LTs after they traded away Peters, those of us who remember those bad old days understand that the LT position could be significantly worse than these Dawkins haters can imagine.  IMO, playing next to an improved LG, McGovern, will improve Dawkins' play when the games count for real.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I just wish he would stay away from Golden Corral in the off-season.  

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.