Swamp Kings

SCBills

• 2 weeks later...

This was not a hard-hitting, gritty, investigation into all the dirt and scandal that surrounded the team. This is a recap and showcase of one of the most exciting college teams I've had the pleasure of watching, and all their success ON THE FIELD.

And I'm fine with it.

It's a football doc about football.

The same way as a kid in the 80s and 90s I would watch recaps of some of the great teams from the past, and just enjoyed the exciting things they did on the field. News flash, ALL of those teams had scumbags on them as well. It just wasnt so well known and front and center as it is in these modern times.

Sure, they didn't have double-murderers on them, but there were plenty of addicts, abusers, bigots, and general "not nice people" that played the game in the 60s, 70,s 80s, 90s, etc.

We can have (and do have) plenty of other docu-series on all the scandals. I'd love to see one that focuses on Urban Meyer's entire career.

But I also enjoy this for what it is.

As someone who had recently just moved down to SEC country as Tebow and the Gators were ascending, it was a great intro to SEC football. And watching Tebow will his way to a championship is something I'll always remember. Good times.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This was not a hard-hitting, gritty, investigation into all the dirt and scandal that surrounded the team. This is a recap and showcase of one of the most exciting college teams I've had the pleasure of watching, and all their success ON THE FIELD.

And I'm fine with it.

It's a football doc about football.

The same way as a kid in the 80s and 90s I would watch recaps of some of the great teams from the past, and just enjoyed the exciting things they did on the field. News flash, ALL of those teams had scumbags on them as well. It just wasnt so well known and front and center as it is in these modern times.

Sure, they didn't have double-murderers on them, but there were plenty of addicts, abusers, bigots, and general "not nice people" that played the game in the 60s, 70,s 80s, 90s, etc.

We can have (and do have) plenty of other docu-series on all the scandals. I'd love to see one that focuses on Urban Meyer's entire career.

But I also enjoy this for what it is.

As someone who had recently just moved down to SEC country as Tebow and the Gators were ascending, it was a great intro to SEC football. And watching Tebow will his way to a championship is something I'll always remember. Good times.

Fair enough, but I much preferred the 30 for 30 episodes about The U.   The off-field transgressions of the players and program were discussed and not glossed over.

38 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Fair enough, but I much preferred the 30 for 30 episodes about The U.   The off-field transgressions of the players and program were discussed and not glossed over.

I hear ya. I would love to hear some stories about the stuff the Pouncey twins and Percy Harvin (among others) would get into. I think that is all more in line with the stuff from The U episodes. Especially juxtaposed with Tebow and his image. Would love to know more about how he handled and lead that team of bad boys as such a choir boy.

The problem is, once you start digging into that darker side, where do you stop without looking dishonest, or without turning your Championship recap into another expose that players no longer want to participate in.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I was surprised there wasn’t more of Hernandez in this…but I guess they didn’t want to pull from the focus of the team 

Netflix also has a separate series on Hernandez from 2020, so I'm guessing that is part of it too.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.