Nathaniel Hacket - Payton's comments..

Spiderweb

21 hours ago, 947 said:

Nothing Payton said about Hackett was wrong. Was it in poor taste to air it publicly like that? Absolutely, but it isn't like he made the stuff up, everyone could see the Broncos were the pinnacle of dysfunction in 2022.

I imagine it came from a place of frustration after seeing just how bad things were at Mile High when Payton arrived. I'd be surprised if Hackett is employed by an NFL team once Rodgers retires.

Agree.

It is refreshing to hear honest non-coach speak every once in a while.  This is an example of WHY you dont hear it very often.

I think Payton mad a massive mistake on 2 front.  Fust he broke the insider rule about criticizing head coaches, now he is more then open game.  Second, what did he gin from this?  Nothing as far as I can tell unless this was done because the Broncos players were so demoralized they needed someone "to blame".  Now Payton has raised the bar as Bronco HC.  He sure better improve over last years record or he will be out the door with no excuse.

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

That’s because,

1) they had weapons.

2) Bortles for all his faults, was a gun slinger and caused trouble with his legs to open things up.  
3) Played against pitiful defenses.

4) Hacket runs a college scheme, which fit Bortles limitations. 

What happened the next season?

He had 23 touchdowns and 16 picks... Those are like Fitzpatrick numbers ..

more TDs than Tyrod Taylor ... And he's not in the league anymore 

Next Season 21 touchdowns and 13 picks ..  

As bills fans we know there are way worse numbers to put up at quarterbacks than that lol 

That quarterback is out of the league and those numbers are not horrible... Because Hackett was able design an offense for him

Literally people are making it out like I'm saying he's Vince Lombardi... I'm saying he's not the bum like half the board makes him out

He knows more about football than everyone here

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Serious question, are you related to Hackett?

No as a coach I stick up for coaches 

Because I know how hard it is and I can guarantee you Hackett isn't as bad as what the people make him out

He has success in the NFL on his resume 

I also got crucified when I had David Culley back and called him a future head coach and nobody believed me 

But I have the pulse on the coaching in the league .. I know who's respected and not

Edited by Buffalo716

9 hours ago, eball said:

Yours is literally the first hard-on for Nate Hackett I’ve ever witnessed.  The guy is a walking example of nepotism.

If “Dorsey needs Allen” then most certainly “Nate needs Rodgers.”  One blip of a season with Blake Bortles didn’t make Nate a genius.

Don't have a hard on for him ..  it's been my MO at the old message board and here to stick up for coaches as I still coach 

Coaches are a fraternity and we don't throw each other under the bus usually 

And I never said Nate was a genius... Never not once.. I said he's not as incompetent as half of this board makes him out to be

And He knows more about football than everybody here

That's it and that's all... He has success in the NFL on his resume he's not as bad as what people  make him to be

And he has a better resume than dorsey

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

I live in Colorado and I told everyone it was the worst head coaching hire in NFL history.   I'm certainly not right all the time but I think I was spot on there.

If you look at his track record, minus Green Bay, the hire made no sense at all if he couldn't deliver Rodgers.  

Week 5 is the first week games can be flexed to SNF. Jets and Broncos play week 5 but I can't see the Cowboys-49ers being flexed out of SNF.

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "The first time Sunday night games can be flexed this season is Week 5, which just happens to be when the Jets play at the Broncos. Hard to imagine NBC would drop the Week 5 Cowboys-49ers matchup for it, but as usual, the NFL schedule makers/script writers nailed it." / X

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Don't have a hard on for him ..  it's been my MO at the old message board and here to stick up for coaches as I still coach 

And I never said Nate was a genius... Never not once.. I said he's not as incompetent as half of this board makes him out to be

That's it and that's all... He has success in the NFL on his resume he's not as bad as what people  make him to be

This means that your opinion on him is to be taken with a grain of salt because it's biased.  A coach that knows way more than you agreed with pretty much everyone else that Hackett was a joke as HC

The Culley as HC thing was scraping the bottom of the barrel after they were turned down by a bunch of other coaches and a last ditch effort to try and make Watson happy.  Yes he was HC but it's prob the worst example other than Hackett being an HC. Everyone knew they wouldn't be good. 

Idk why you keep acting like Dorsey hasn't done anything. He has an MVP and QB that reached Superbowl under him. He lost his job after that QB hurt his shoulder and it never got better.  Allen's jump to an elite QB happened under him as well. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

This means that your opinion on him is to be taken with a grain of salt because it's biased.  A coach that knows way more than you agreed with pretty much everyone else that Hackett was a joke as HC

The Culley as HC thing was scraping the bottom of the barrel after they were turned down by a bunch of other coaches and a last ditch effort to try and make Watson happy.  Yes he was HC but it's prob the worst example other than Hackett being an HC. Everyone knew they wouldn't be good. 

Idk why you keep acting like Dorsey hasn't done anything. He has an MVP and QB that reached Superbowl under him. He lost his job after that QB hurt his shoulder and it never got better.  Allen's jump to an elite QB happened under him as well. 

You also have to take what that coach said about Hackett with a grain of salt

If coaches ever bad mouth another coach in public it's because there's bad blood... Because 98% of coaches will never say anything publicly

Dorsey and Hackett are probably the same level ... Not a future star HC but can be a solid QB coach or OC

I don't think Hackett is as bad as people make him out to be that's my only point... He literally worked with the bum EJ manual... And he made the offense run with the ghost of Kyle Orton... 250 ypg

Then he helped Bortles , and did a good job with Rogers

I think he's gotten a lot of flack for stuff that wasn't his fault here ... Marrone quit on us

And yes for the last time I don't think Hackett is cut out to be an NFL head coach... But I do think he's a very good quarterback coach and a competent OC

I like Dorsey I don't think he's bad... But I don't think he's head and shoulders above Hackett as a quarterback coach or offensive coordinator..  I think they're probably equals and Hackett has more experience 

Edited by Buffalo716

49 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thank you for clarifying your obvious bias.  Now I know I don't need to argue the point further.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Considered Bust blake bortles had his best career years with Hackett as his QB coach and OC

Went to a pro bowl and threw for over 4000 yards and 35 tds

Bills fans would've went nuts for that before Allen emerged 

BUT.......it didn't.

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Thank you for clarifying your obvious bias.  Now I know I don't need to argue the point further.

To be fair you might have a anti-marrrone and hackett bias

Yes he was not good as a head coach... But when Denver hired him there were literally articles and reports saying how he was born to be a natural leader in the NFL 

Denver thought it was going to work

He had and still has a lot of respect in coaching circles

In Buffalo he worked with the bum EJ Manuel.  Actually made the offense work with the ghost of Kyle Orton

Helped improve Blake bortles..  and had a good stint with Aaron Rodgers

He's a good quarterback coach... Who has had some flashes as an offensive coordinator

I absolutely don't think he's head coaching material

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

BUT.......it didn't.

We had EJ Manuel..  the offense was clicking with the ghost of Kyle Orton

Who Hackett integrated into our offense in a week

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

He wasn't wrong!

Hacker took a pro-bowl-SB QB and made him look like a bum. Hope he does the same thing for Aaron Rodgers...although he said Rodgers will call his own plays. 

Hacker didn't call plays in GB... he is just a nice guy and what happens to those? Clearly brought in to lure Rodgers to the NY Jests.

EDIT:

Oh, BTW, let's not forget that the man who hired him in the first place to be an NFL OC ended up firing him in Jacksonville.  Saint Doug canned him. He stunk it up in developing Blake Bortles. They made the playoffs one year because of a stout run game and #2 overall defense. 

Edited by Nihilarian

Hackett made it very evident that Payton broke the code of coaching fraternity and responded with 'I do' when asked the question. The Jets OC although said that he 'knew it (Payton's criticism) was coming.'

Aaron Rodgers also had Hacketts back and called Peyton's comments insecure

I think Nathaniel knew he didn't do a great job as the broncos head coach... Sean Payton is the classless one for disrespecting the fraternity of coaches and putting the dirty laundry in the open

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

In summation

I think this is now an Official rivalry !

I only watch Bills games. But will be checking the weekly scoreboards for Payton and Hackett's failings

Sean Payton is obviously the better coach

He also puts bounties on players heads

Nathaniel may have flamed out as a head coach but at least he has class

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sean Payton is obviously the better coach

He also puts bounties on players heads

Nathaniel may have flamed out as a head coach but at least he has class

and both have caught my interest for this season upcoming. For multiple reasons.

One of being the recent comments.

Poor form Sean.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

OK, Payton!

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

OK, Payton!

That's why Sean Peyton is getting crucified for being classless

Even Aaron Rodgers called him insecure 

Coaches handle their grievances behind closed doors not in the press

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.