Nathaniel Hacket - Payton's comments..

Spiderweb

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's why Sean Peyton is getting crucified for being classless

Even Aaron Rodgers called him insecure 

Coaches handle their grievances behind closed doors not in the press

I hear your words, but I am pretty sure Nathaniel shouldn't be a HC in this league or even a OC..   There is truth to what Payton has spoken, us in B-lo know this 1st hand..... Good luck NJJ....

4 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

I hear your words, but I am pretty sure Nathaniel shouldn't be a HC in this league or even a OC..   There is truth to what Payton has spoken, us in B-lo know this 1st hand..... Good luck NJJ....

Nate Hackett had success with Kyle Orton in buffalo... He was stuck with one of the biggest busts in Bill's history with EJ Manuel

Blake bortles threw for 35 touchdowns and 4,000 yards under his tutelage

And he had success with Aaron Rodgers

That's success with three different quarterbacks ranging from journeyman to out of the league to Hall of famer

Certainly shouldn't be a head coach but he's definitely knows offense and is a very good QB coach and competent OC

Edited by Buffalo716

57 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nate Hackett had success with Kyle Orton in buffalo... He was stuck with one of the biggest busts in Bill's history with EJ Manuel

Blake bortles threw for 35 touchdowns and 4,000 yards under his tutelage

And he had success with Aaron Rodgers

That's success with three different quarterbacks ranging from journeyman to out of the league to Hall of famer

Certainly shouldn't be a head coach but he's definitely knows offense and is a very good QB coach and competent OC

I'll give you a QBC. He didn't have much to do with Rogers, Orton was who he was, with or with out HACKet. Bortles had potential but not a consistent QB. He is garbage as a HQ and a OC.  Not sure why you try and defend him.....

15 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

I'll give you a QBC. He didn't have much to do with Rogers, Orton was who he was, with or with out HACKet. Bortles had potential but not a consistent QB. He is garbage as a HQ and a OC.  Not sure why you try and defend him.....

I'm not the only person in the world of football who would defend him lol

I'm the only one who has enough guts to do it on this message board... Because it's not a popular take 

Whether or not it has worked out is hindsight... But when he was hired to Denver..  people around the league considered him an offensive guru... Born to a football family and born to eventually lead an NFL team 

You can find plenty of those quotes about Nathaniel Hackett over the last 15 years from writers pundits players and coaches... He was loved by players from Syracuse to buffalo to Jax and Green Bay... Aaron Rodgers called him a huge reason he went to New York

He sucked as a head coach but Russell Wilson admitted he didn't give it his best shot

Edited by Buffalo716

46 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not the only person in the world of football who would defend him lol

I'm the only one who has enough guts to do it on this message board... Because it's not a popular take 

Whether or not it has worked out is hindsight... But when he was hired to Denver..  people around the league considered him an offensive guru... Born to a football family and born to eventually lead an NFL team 

You can find plenty of those quotes about Nathaniel Hackett over the last 15 years from writers pundits players and coaches... He was loved by players from Syracuse to buffalo to Jax and Green Bay... Aaron Rodgers called him a huge reason he went to New York

He sucked as a head coach but Russell Wilson admitted he didn't give it his best shot

I judge him by what I have seen on the field... Like I said, he shouldn't be an OC and definitely not a HC in the NFL.

Born to a football family means what? He's guaranteed to be a good coach! lol, c-mon...

He may make a good QB coach. That's what I see him being in NJ... This is also why A Rodgers wanted him, so he could do his own thing... Kinda like GB.

Just my opinion..

22 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

I judge him by what I have seen on the field... Like I said, he shouldn't be an OC and definitely not a HC in the NFL.

Born to a football family means what? He's guaranteed to be a good coach! lol, c-mon...

He may make a good QB coach. That's what I see him being in NJ... This is also why A Rodgers wanted him, so he could do his own thing... Kinda like GB.

Just my opinion..

No ..  being born to a football family doesn't mean you will be great lol

But having a father who IS REALLY RESPECTED in the game certainly gave him some insight and an ear to question.... You also forget to mention the part where he has been called an offensive guru  .. super respected by the people he coached in College and the Pros ..  

Don Shula ,I'm not calling him ... But as Rodgers said ..  what Peyton said was classless and out of line seeing as he has achieved success at the NFL level ..  plenty of OCs couldn't come up with an offense to get Blake bortles 4000 yards and 35 TDs 

Turk schonert he is not either 

Edited by Buffalo716

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No ..  being born to a football family doesn't mean you will be great lol

But having a father who IS REALLY RESPECTED in the game certainly gave him some insight and an ear to question.... You also forget to mention the part where he has been called an offensive guru  .. born to eventually lead an NFL team and super respected by the people he coached in College and the Pros 

Don Shula ,I'm not calling him ... But as Rodgers said ..  what Peyton said was classless and out of line seeing as he has achieved success at the NFL level ..  plenty of OCs couldn't come up with an offense to get Blake bortles 4000 yards and 35 TDs 

Turk schonert he is not either 

People say a lot of things..

Nuff said....   Drop mic......

3 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

Agree

Aaron likes to be the OC, and I think Hackett allows him dictate, and that has worked out for both of them and why he is there

• Like (+1) 1

As a fan, it's hard to evaluate coordinators because we often don't know how much they're running their own show and how much they're just carrying out the directives of the HC.

Based on what I've read from players and coaches, I think Hacket is a smart football guy.  He knows schemes and x's and o's.  He failed in Buffalo partly due to a lack of roster talent, partly due to his own inexperience at that time, and partly because Marrone was running the offense, not Hacket.

The idea Hacket continues to get jobs because of nepotism is silly.  From what I've read, he's learned and grown since his time in Buffalo.  I just can't imagine that Saleh hired Hacket as his OC because he liked Hacket's dad (did he even know dad?).  Saleh is an intelligent coach who'd committed to winning and clearly thinks Hacket brings something to the table.  And Saleh would know Hacket's attributes more than any of us.  

But I have read that Hacket is not very authoritative.  This works for Rodgers who wants a say in the offense.  It didn't work in Denver where the team needed a stronger hand.  

I was fascinated by Payton's blunt assessment.   You usually don't hear coaches speak so frankly about other coaches.  But it bothered me too.  I believe in human courtesy and kindness - both of which were lacking in Payton's commentary.  But there could be a plus side to Buffalo.  Obviously, credibility is important in a coordinator.  Payton, with his ring, is a respected voice around the league and the Jets players are certainly aware of his remarks.  If the offense sputters, there will be some muttering, "Payton was right."  Doubt and discontent often lead to disunity and poor execution.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.