Kim Pegula at Camp today!!!

drummernut74

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I would think they all will be involved somehow.

I wonder if they would keep or sell the Sabres. The Bills like any NFL team is a cash cow. Being an NFL owner is basically like having a license to print money. NHL is a different story.

32 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I wonder if they would keep or sell the Sabres. The Bills like any NFL team is a cash cow. Being an NFL owner is basically like having a license to print money. NHL is a different story.

If the team gets back to the playoffs they might make money.  But I have no idea if they'd want to keep it even then.

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

If the team gets back to the playoffs they might make money.  But I have no idea if they'd want to keep it even then.

Terry's first love is hockey so I don't think he's going to sell.  I have heard that if it was up to Kim they would have unloaded the Sabres a couple of years ago. 

There's still only 32 NHL franchises.  As long as you have the resources to hold out longer than John Spano, you should make a nice return on selling a franchise.  Pegula bought the team for $190 million.  The last NHL franchises were sold for $850 and $900 million.  

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Terry's first love is hockey so I don't think he's going to sell.  I have heard that if it was up to Kim they would have unloaded the Sabres a couple of years ago. 

There's still only 32 NHL franchises.  As long as you have the resources to hold out longer than John Spano, you should make a nice return on selling a franchise.  Pegula bought the team for $190 million.  The last NHL franchises were sold for $850 and $900 million.  

I thought the Sabres were losing money every year given the crap product they have put out there in the past decade. They look like they have turned it around and I think the playoffs will happen this year. Terry's first love is hockey but what about his kids the future owners. Even Terry knows the Sabres can't compete with the Bills financially. NFL is on a different level moneywise. The league generates 20-25 billion a year in revenue. With them streaming games now and other countries getting into the NFL that number figures to go up.

25 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

We were talking about the kids keeping the Sabres.  Terry won't sell while he's alive.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

Oh,Bob. 

Short and sweet, while saying it all. 

Bob seems to think he’s a family member or a stockholder or something. Even that wouldn’t entitle him to what he seems to want. Yes, it is personal, and no, it is none of your %$#&ing business. Get over it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Short and sweet, while saying it all. 

Bob seems to think he’s a family member or a stockholder or something. Even that wouldn’t entitle him to what he seems to want. Yes, it is personal, and no, it is none of your %$#&ing business. Get over it. 

You'd think a family member would know everything already.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

You'd think a family member would know everything already.

You’d think, but maybe we want to leave uncle Bob out of the loop on the inner details because he just can’t be trusted not to go yammering about stuff they’d prefer to stay quiet. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Surprisingly this thread has devolved into every other Kim Pegula thread. 

Random poster: Odd situation, as the head of a billion dollar corporation they have a duty to tell us something. 

Other poster: They owe us nothing, and I absolutely loath your curiosity on the issue. I darn you to an eternity in heck!

Ultimately, I think the truth of this whole thing is in the middle. The whole thing seems be handled a bit oddly by the Pegula's. But they are entitled to make themselves as private as they'd like. So I get that. Because of human nature I am also curious and do hope for more information at some point. I think we can meet in the middle in a space where this whole thing is a little odd, respect the Pegula's/Kim, and also have some curiosity without all the "demanding" of information or the "vilification" of anybody who has any curiosity about the situation. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

You’d think, but maybe we want to leave uncle Bob out of the loop on the inner details because he just can’t be trusted not to go yammering about stuff they’d prefer to stay quiet. 

Goddam Uncle Bob!😡

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Goddam Uncle Bob!😡

Everybody has a crazy uncle in the family, and if you don’t know who that is in your family, maybe a little self reflection is in order?  😋

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Surprisingly this thread has devolved into every other Kim Pegula thread. 

Random poster: Odd situation, as the head of a billion dollar corporation they have a duty to tell us something. 

Other poster: They owe us nothing, and I absolutely loath your curiosity on the issue. I darn you to an eternity in heck!

Ultimately, I think the truth of this whole thing is in the middle. The whole thing seems be handled a bit oddly by the Pegula's. But they are entitled to make themselves as private as they'd like. So I get that. Because of human nature I am also curious and do hope for more information at some point. I think we can meet in the middle in a space where this whole thing is a little odd, respect the Pegula's/Kim, and also have some curiosity without all the "demanding" of information or the "vilification" of anybody who has any curiosity about the situation. 

Maybe splitting hairs, but the vilification is NOT for the curiosity, but for the “demands”, the idea that they are owed something. Heck, I’m curious, but I know they owe me nothing along those lines. It’s their call, I understand that and I can respect that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

NFL teams are run like small business. They're not small biz anymore but still behave like them. I expect some blend of family to run "the family business". Mom & Dad totally love it. they've indoctrinated the kids, just like I did 😮  I'm sure the kids all have areas of skill, interest and there are plenty of roles.

I'm sure they're all thrilled to see Mom getting closer to her passion!

now that Kim isn’t in the leadership structure anymore (thank you to  whomever it was on the previous page that confirmed it), I’m firmly in the “it’s a private matter” camp.

Jessie’s article from this spring tells us everything we need to know and then some.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/30/2023 at 3:44 PM, loedward22 said:

I don’t think there’s any pictures of her as she appeared today… or are there?

Pretty sure that was all stock photos. I wish she could be that well again, and soon. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.