Training Camp opens today! 2023 Season is upon us!

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, yall said:

Can you share a little more?

WGR550 is currently talking about hockey...

Stef got to the point where he was laughing at him because the dude won't ask a straight question. He was just rambling on about the events of the offseason. I feel like Wawrow always tries to make the interaction about him rather than the guy giving the press conference

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Ok go ahead and make your point that Elam as a first round pick hasn't been disappointing. 

Back up what you say! 

Nobody said he hasn’t been a disappointment. Find me proof of that. My point is by saying he isn’t a fit in Buffalo after one year is beyond silly. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

of course I am not saying it means he has no future or something dumb like that.

What i am saying is that they needed better play inside and they drafted a guy with the size and ability to do just that.  There is no reason he should not start from day 1.  Day 1 means opening night.

if he doesn't then he probably has an issue with his ability or physical condition.  

I just think its nuts that people think he needs to be babied and spoonfed his way into the lineup.  He is playing the position that is the easiest to come in and play in the nfl.  I am confused by the type of thinking that he needs to come along slowly, guard is a spot you step right in and play, not a big deal for a decorated 2nd round pick.

Well good thing its July?  Its not babying or spoonfeeding - its earning your spot.  Veterans who worked hard to get where they are respond to pressure from players like this.  He's got his work cut out for him to start day 1 with a young player in Bates ahead of him, and guys like boettger and edwards fighting for a roster spot.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Nobody said he hasn’t been a disappointment. Find me proof of that. My point is by saying he isn’t a fit in Buffalo after one year is beyond silly. 

I didn't say it as an absolute. The fit opinion isn't anything new here. Come on man. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok go ahead and make your point that Elam as a first round pick hasn't been disappointing. 

Back up what you say! 

I'd say I was relatively disappointed he didn't seize a starting position, but he played pretty well in the playoffs.  Day 1 depth charts really don't mean much though as you gotta put pads on and get into it for coaches to get a feel for their role in a changing defense.  All 3 of jackson benford and elam played a year ago with various results - who gets the first day with the 1's really doesn't mean anything when its a 3 man competition.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok. Lol

We just had a MLB that left after 5 years. How many SBs did we make?  Meanwhile…we addressed the offense for once and that could be the piece that gets us over the top. I highly doubt we will be looking back at the end of the year saying…if we just had Edmunds there to make that tackle it could have ended differently. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I didn't say it as an absolute. The fit opinion isn't anything new here. Come on man. 

You literally said it. Come on…

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

And who cares about a MLB. Is that position the difference between us exiting the playoffs early or winning a SB?

I'm not going to sit here and say it's not a concern, but some of our podcast guys act like the MLB spot being an open competition, post-Edmunds, is some sort of seismic event that could dramatically alter our season.  

I'm beyond sick of the dramatics about replacing Edmunds.  

When healthy:

Von/Floyd - Daquan/Poona - Oliver/Phillips - Rousseau/AJE

Milano - ???

Tre - Johnson - Elam/Benford/Jackson

Hyde - Poyer - Rapp

I mean... c'mon...  That's easily a top 5 talented defense.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Personally I'm finding the Taylor Rapp with the 1s to be interesting. 

I doubt he takes Tarons spot but he'll be our big nickel starter. Essentially acting as a LB. I think Neal played it last cpl years, huge upgrade

53 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

There is no way that Torrance will be starting by week 1. He will need time, then by mid-season, we will see where he's at.

I agree.  I say only a 70% chance Bates starts more so because I think Edwards could step in and beat him out, rather than Torrance.

my hope is (and all bills fans hope is), that Torrance turns out to be better than expected and hits the ground running.  It’s just unlikely 

• Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

I'm not going to sit here and say it's not a concern, but some of our podcast guys act like the MLB spot being an open competition, post-Edmunds, is some sort of seismic event that could dramatically alter our season.  

I'm beyond sick of the dramatics about replacing Edmunds.  

When healthy:

Von/Floyd - Daquan/Poona - Oliver/Phillips - Rousseau/AJE

Milano - ???

Tre - Johnson - Elam/Benford/Jackson

Hyde - Poyer - Rapp

I mean... c'mon...  That's easily a top 5 talented defense.  

Totally agree. Anyone that watches football can see that a good defense gets you to the playoffs and a good offense takes over at that point. We spent two 3rds for this moment alone and they were ok with letting edmunds walk. Guys like Joe Marino seem to think it’s gonna be the doomsday that ruins our season. I just don’t agree at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Well good thing its July?  Its not babying or spoonfeeding - its earning your spot.  Veterans who worked hard to get where they are respond to pressure from players like this.  He's got his work cut out for him to start day 1 with a young player in Bates ahead of him, and guys like boettger and edwards fighting for a roster spot.  

The pads aren't on as well. Hard to gage OL without em. He'll definitely get his opportunities 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.