Name a random Bills player and one thing you remember about them

On 7/17/2023 at 12:46 PM, eball said:

Todd Schlopy made 2 out of 5 FG attempts to win a scab game against the NYG (with Lawrence Taylor crossing the picket line) 6-3 in 1987.

It was the worst football game I’ve ever witnessed in person.

My dad and his dad were best friends. We all sat down for dinner one night. I asked him to sign my hat but he would not. Said he was not a real NFL player but when he had an opportunity he had to take it.

• Like (+1) 1

Alex Tanney.  Known for trick throws on youtube and bounced around the league for years.     Was with us for one preseason but never made it past the practice squad.  I think that he actually ended up playing a little on the Giants.

Gibran Hamdan- 3rd string QB during the drought era.    Had an entertaining video series where he would interact with and informally interview teammates.   I always thought that he had potential to be in journalism when he was done with football.

Rick Schulte- Replacement lineman during the strike.   Got stuck blocking Lawrence Taylor when he crossed the picket line.   Was owned as expected but got his licks in on Taylor enough to piss him off a few times.  I don't actually remember this as i was 10 years old, but it was a good story on an article years later.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:35 AM, longtimebillsfan said:

Lou Piccone.  Great  kickoff returner.

Also marginal possession receiver.

Sort of a cult hero with the Bills.

out of the blue, Howard Cosell went off about him singing his praises of never giving up and giving it his all during a MNF game Bills lost handedly. Funny stuff.....he was hard nosed undersized tough player.

TE Rober Royal "can't get two feet down wide open in end zone vs Chargers at home".

he was quoted in an interview same year his goal was HOF........ lol

Edited by cba fan

5 hours ago, cba fan said:

out of the blue, Howard Cosell went off about him singing his praises of never giving up and giving it his all during a MNF game Bills lost handedly. Funny stuff.....he was hard nosed undersized tough player.

TE Rober Royal "can't get two feet down wide open in end zone vs Chargers at home".

he was quoted in an interview same year his goal was HOF........ lol

Howard was unique.

As Woody Allen said in the movie sleeper when he was shown a photo of Howard Cosell "that was a form of torture".

• Agree 1

I went to a bar after a game and was talking to 2 girls. Suddenly she says hey would you like to meet my friend he's over there. I asked her why she wanted me to go meet a random dude. She asked me to just come. The guy was Josh Reed and he had 4 drops that Sunday. I shook his hand and asked if he had greasy wings prior to the game and he asked why and I said cause you dropped almost every pass. He looked at me like he wanted to ring my neck and walked off while my buddies laughed. He never spoke to me again that night for some unknown reason. #TrueStory

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.