Players who have played only 1 game - Baby Gronk

Punching Bag

These days Gronk would probably be on Practice Squad.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37949317/nfl-cups-coffee-one-nfl-game-including-real-baby-gronk

ESPN spoke to seven members of the Cup of Coffee Club to discuss their remarkable, if fleeting, NFL experiences:

Glenn Gronkowski Matt Kinzer | Chad Kelly
Kerwin Bell Cephus Weatherspoon
Jordan Bernstine | Ted Karras Jr.

'The Real Baby Gronk'

Name: Glenn Gronkowski
Position: Fullback
Team: Buffalo Bills
Game played: Sept. 11, 2016: Bills at Ravens
Notable stats: 8 offensive snaps, 1 holding penalty

Glenn Gronkowski felt every ounce of pressure going into his first career NFL game.

Glenn's name appears in the official play-by-play only once: for an offensive holding penalty on the Bills' first drive of the second quarter. As he remembers it, the play was a corner blitz off the right side. Though the fullback initially picked it up, quarterback Tyrod Taylor scrambled out of the pocket, and as the corner tried to follow Taylor, Glenn held on a little too long.

He never played another regular-season NFL snap, but he did win a Super Bowl ring later that season with Rob as a member of the New England Patriots' practice squad.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:43 AM, Nextmanup said:

Chad Kelly's NFL career may have been brief, and he may be a jerk, but he was the QB for my St. Joe's Marauders, so I have to stand by him.  Sort of.

Chad Kelly has found a home in the CFL and is doing well with the Toronto Argos.  The Argos are 4-0 under Kelly and last week he had a great game going 21/25 for 351 yards.  Maybe he gets another shot at the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

I was at this game. Iirc it was DiMarco or another FB who they cut the week before and had to leave him off the roster to make the $$ work.

It was a joke of an experience with Rex Ryan coaching and the entire era.

I was so livid at the play calling and piss poor performance I yelled a colorful stream of exploitives that got the nearby ravens fans laughing. And some fat Baltimore dude wanted to fight me. His wife made him leave before that happened. She was smart.

Edit. I remember it. "rex, you're as stupid as you are fat." After deciding to go for it on a 4th and stupid or something. 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JK Fan said:

Chad Kelly has found a home in the CFL and is doing well with the Toronto Argos.  The Argos are 4-0 under Kelly and last week he had a great game going 21/25 for 351 yards.  Maybe he gets another shot at the NFL.

Interesting.

I never liked him, heard from those at St Joes he was a total, entitled jerk and little has changed, or at least from what I can tell till the CFL.  

Having said all that I always thought redemption was the best word in the English language.  I would  slaughter the fatted lamb for the prodigal son (Chad Kelly) if he can really turn it around.  Great on him and I will root for him.  Given what your wrote above, he will get another shot in the NFL.  Maybe he can follow the footsteps of Dough Flutie and get a shot at the Bills, now that would be a hell of a story.

35 minutes ago, uninja said:

That game was so damn boring, think it ended 13-7 with our offense looking completely anemic which was such a letdown. 

It was abysmal

And I couldn't believe they still had Ray Lewis on all their hype videos. 

2 hours ago, JK Fan said:

Chad Kelly came off the bench last year during the 2nd half of the Grey Cup down 5 points and led them to victory. This game actually got me somewhat into the CFL. If he continues his success then I think he will get another shot. There are only so many roster spots for QB so he’s gonna have to show out in Canada.

21 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Chad Kelly came off the bench last year during the 2nd half of the Grey Cup down 5 points and led them to victory. This game actually got me somewhat into the CFL. If he continues his success then I think he will get another shot. There are only so many roster spots for QB so he’s gonna have to show out in Canada.

That problem is his personality. To get a shot as a backup you need not to be a distraction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

People can mature & grow. Wasn’t JK the same way? It’s obviously a long shot, but I wouldn’t count him out w/ continued success in the CFL.

JK was a starting quality QB. Chad isn't. He might be good enough to have hung around as a backup, but he hasn't and that is because teams want their backups to be good, quiet, team guys who offer zero distractions. See Matt Barkley and Kyle Allen as classic examples. 

On 7/17/2023 at 12:26 PM, JK Fan said:

I highly doubt any team would touch him. He got a lot because of his last name but he does have legit talent. Let’s just say he isn’t exactly a rocket scientist. 

On 7/16/2023 at 8:43 AM, Nextmanup said:

Chad Kelly's NFL career may have been brief, and he may be a jerk, but he was the QB for my St. Joe's Marauders, so I have to stand by him.  Sort of.

I’m sorry you couldn’t get into Canisius. My condolences. 😞

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.