Anyone buying on Amazon Prime Days?

Punching Bag

We went to Amazon Fresh Tuesday (yesterday) and Wednesday (today) but I have bought nothing online.

Been a busy day so may not buy anything online but I am looking at laptop for vacation trip.

Most of the stuff I see promoted is Amazon gear which I do not use.

I find Amazon good if you know what you are looking for but bad if you are trying to narrow down choices.

Hard to specify specific requirements.

I bought a ceiling fan/light from Amazon on Sunday.  Was delivered yesterday.  The wife looked at the price again yesterday and it dropped $40 so I bought another one and returned the one that was delivered because they wouldn't give me the difference.

My son was also looking for an iWatch and bought one yesterday for 30% off. 

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

We went to Amazon Fresh Tuesday (yesterday) and Wednesday (today) but I have bought nothing online.

Been a busy day so may not buy anything online but I am looking at laptop for vacation trip.

Most of the stuff I see promoted is Amazon gear which I do not use.

I find Amazon good if you know what you are looking for but bad if you are trying to narrow down choices.

Hard to specify specific requirements.

This is a great deal if all you are looking for is a casual laptop... I watch Bills games on it with no lag. Fast as hell, the battery lasts seemingly forever, and it charges up fast. Comes with a soft case too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-315-15-6-Celeron-4GB-32GB-Chromebook-HD-Display-Intel-N4000-4GB-LPDDR4-32GB-eMMC-Protective-Sleeve-Pure-Silver-Chrome-OS-CB315-3H-C2C3/565923637?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=8537&gclsrc=aw.ds&&adid=22222222227565923637_8537_150278581164_20037920071&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=657014104297&wl4=pla-2023633393811&wl5=9012055&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=152186001&wl11=online&wl12=565923637_8537&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnrmlBhDHARIsADJ5b_mXdu74fdTcJvi3wRSayjw71ug6TNOJsH8vV01VSOEYndIOMLk66T0aAkk7EALw_wcB

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

This is a great deal if all you are looking for is a casual laptop... I watch Bills games on it with no lag. Fast as hell, the battery lasts seemingly forever, and it charges up fast. Comes with a soft case too.

Thanks for suggestion but I need a laptop I can use disconnected from net.  Sometimes I do editing offline.

I looked for a dehumidifier.  Pump is not working on mine and no floor basement drain.  Got one there only to realize it had no pump.   So I cleaned up the old one, put it above a sink and ...I think i'll be keeping the new one cuz the bucket is still filling up.  Still some hope.  That's what I love about Amazon.  They make sending stuff back effortless.

10 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I usually can’t find much worth buying. Got a toilet seat this year at 30% off but that’s about it. Usually a bunch of garbage deals

on obscure items or amazon products. 

other stores compete though.  Target, Walmart, Wayfair, Best buy etc.  that's a good thing if you need something for your home.

I have in the past but so far not his year. It needs to be something of real need. I don't impulse buy like I used to 

I have in the past received great deals on bath bombs , dog treats and tea lights. I am a frugal shopper though and Love a great deal!

34 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have in the past but so far not his year. It needs to be something of real need. I don't impulse buy like I used to 

I have in the past received great deals on bath bombs , dog treats and tea lights. I am a frugal shopper though and Love a great deal!

I'm a "buy it when you need it" kind of guy.  At Christmas time I don't ask for/want anything.  The $40 off the fan was a nice surprise.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah. Delivery any second. A durable bag for my 30' 0AWG jumper cables.  Regular $19.99... Now only $14.

PrimeDay is everyday for this lucky fella!

You never know when you're gonna have to reach around a semi... Hence the 30 foot long cables. 😆 

How bout 1 of these?  https://www.walmart.com/ip/20000mAh-Car-Jump-Starter-Booster-Jumper-Box-Power-Bank-Battery-Charger-Portable/1652145275?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101089326&adid=222222222271652145275_146760234371_18287664403&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=620767315155&wl4=aud-1651068665426:pla-1742794024735&wl5=9008764&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=456415633&wl11=online&wl12=1652145275&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAjwwb6lBhBJEiwAbuVUSl5nVCgIAJuOZIwxrXR6LgPaf6foAwbb0m-cgdarkAMj8zPKDIvTCRoCAp4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds  I have a different brand but it has saved us many times.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sometimes a battery box, especially the lithium ones struggle with a very dead battery. AND gotta be careful with them... Overheating...

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sometimes a battery box, especially the lithium ones struggle with a very dead battery. AND gotta be careful with them... Overheating...

Not on Amazon... BUT these will crank anything from a good battery:

Solid copper:

https://store.polarwire.com/jumper-booster-cable-1-0-ga-25-ft-commercial-heavy-duty-all-copper/

Solid Cu Amazon sells:

https://www.amazon.com/Forney-52878-Battery-Jumper-25-Feet/dp/B003X3U8BC/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?keywords=solid+copper+jumper+cables&qid=1689284399&s=automotive&sr=1-31

Check out the prices! OUCH! 😢😭

My twins are off to college soon so I was able to get some things they'll need - mini fridge, microwave, some fans, some power strips. Saved a few bucks on each - all told saved probably about $150 over non-Prime Day prices.

Prime Day is good if you need something but not a particular something - i.e. - a fan. If you don't need a specific brand or model you can find something that's a decent deal. If you need something specific there's a good chance it's not even on sale. Prime Days are also great for Amazon devices and certain brands that put a number of their products in sale (i.e. - JBL had like 25% off a lot of their speakers and sound bars). Hit and miss depending on what you are looking for.

I looked for a laptop but unlike other sites which you can specify requirements (i,e, I consider Windows 11 to be equivalent to Windows 8 and not "upgrading" to it) so unless you have a specific model you want and are searching to see if available on Amazon Prime it is useless.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.