The Florida Blueprint: Inflation

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/10/economy/florida-inflation-hotspot-regional/index.html

Maybe one of our newly-minted MAGA Commies (I think that's @Big Blitz) can pop in and explain how, just like Biden should have taken control of the economy, De Santis should do the same in Florida to address this free market issue.  I believe that this is one of the ups and downs of capitalism.  Our MAGA colleagues, however, do not.  Sad.

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/10/economy/florida-inflation-hotspot-regional/index.html

Maybe one of our newly-minted MAGA Commies (I think that's @Big Blitz) can pop in and explain how, just like Biden should have taken control of the economy, De Santis should do the same in Florida to address this free market issue.  I believe that this is one of the ups and downs of capitalism.  Our MAGA colleagues, however, do not.  Sad.

I think you're gonna lose everyone at "MAGA commies"

As that name calling far left tactic is a full on commie tactic. 

Maybe you'll get someone intelligent to try to dissect what else is wrong with your post, who knows? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I think you're gonna lose everyone at "MAGA commies"

As that name calling far left tactic is a full on commie tactic. 

Maybe you'll get someone intelligent to try to dissect what else is wrong with your post, who knows? 

Hoax.  Apparently satire is not something with which my MAGA commie colleagues, such as you, are familiar.  It's a sad indictment maybe of our schools, perhaps of your parents, and definitely of you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

1C2E8D3A-7079-4B5A-B3F2-EDF08325A487.jpeg

Kevin Costner “No Way Out” 

8B7652B4-7597-44E4-ACB6-BFF1353ACE5A.jpeg

Ron Desantis real life. 

Russians everywhere leads to inflation? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

I’m sorry what about Florida inflation?  

I was just buying an undersized shrinkflated sandwich at a local diner here in Virginia for $10.

The fear is real.  You morons want nothing to do with him in a general and state run news in coordination with Trump surrogates (they are absolutely in communication even tho I’m told Trump is a criminal) are trying to take him out.  

Trump’s media friends are trying desperately to do the same.   

It ain’t happening.  

Carry on.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Insurance costs are out of control in Florida. That's a huge tax on the people of that state. No leadership from "Let them eat cake" DeSantis 

It’s a problem, but not exactly one I’d really lay at the feet of the Governor. 

Given the hurricanes, smaller companies can’t afford to absorb losses, therefore the only companies that can insure Florida are the big ones .. and even they have insane loss ratios.  

They can file for rate increases with the state DOI, but then it’s up to the DOI to approve (and everyone’s rates go up) or deny (and then more companies leave or have a new business freeze). 

For instance multiple companies have left both Florida and California recently .. and in California, even big companies have announced a new business freeze on certain lines of business because they won’t approve the requested rate increases and tell insurance companies to spread the rate increases for loss ratios onto other states (that’s their attempt at protecting Cali consumers) but then you get new business freezes and threats to leave the state. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

And for the record - look it up I’ve said it repeatedly - there is no fixing this inflation disaster for a decade.  

A DECADE.  Enjoy your retirement everyone over 55 - it’s gonna hurt.  Make them pay at the ballot box by never voting commie ever.  

Fate sealed with Covid.  A flu we sacrificed the Constitution, freedom, and prosperity for.  

Except one man called it the overblown sham that it was.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m sorry what about Florida inflation?  

I was just buying an undersized shrinkflated sandwich at a local diner here in Virginia for $10.

The fear is real.  You morons want nothing to do with him in a general and state run news in coordination with Trump surrogates (they are absolutely in communication even tho I’m told Trump is a criminal) are trying to take him out.  

Trump’s media friends are trying desperately to do the same.   

It ain’t happening.  

Carry on.

Hoax.  You think Biden should take control of the national economy to stifle inflation.  Yet you don't feel the same about De Santis commanding the Florida economy.  You must be a selective commie, then.  Which is even worse than being a regular commie.  At least the full-time commies are principled.  

• Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s a problem, but not exactly one I’d really lay at the feet of the Governor. 

Given the hurricanes, smaller companies can’t afford to absorb losses, therefore the only companies that can insure Florida are the big ones .. and even they have insane loss ratios.  

They can file for rate increases with the state DOI, but then it’s up to the DOI to approve (and everyone’s rates go up) or deny (and then more companies leave or have a new business freeze). 

For instance multiple companies have left both Florida and California recently .. and in California, even big companies have announced a new business freeze on certain lines of business because they won’t approve the requested rate increases and tell insurance companies to spread the rate increases for loss ratios onto other states (that’s their attempt at protecting Cali consumers) but then you get new business freezes and threats to leave the state. 

This is what happens when you have an almost libertarian approach to economic issues.  Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle.  I like it when I turn my car on and it doesn't explode because we have regulations and standards for matters of such nature.  But the flip side is that people pay more in the absence of such things as rate controls for insurance products.  And I'm generally OK with that (except, perhaps, in an area like health coverage that is susceptible to gouging).  Such is life. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They are horrified.  

And unhinged.  

Hoax.  Unhinged is the crackpots at the Capitol on January 6. 

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And for the record - look it up I’ve said it repeatedly - there is no fixing this inflation disaster for a decade.  

A DECADE.  Enjoy your retirement everyone over 55 - it’s gonna hurt.  Make them pay at the ballot box by never voting commie ever.  

Fate sealed with Covid.  A flu we sacrificed the Constitution, freedom, and prosperity for.  

Except one man called it the overblown sham that it was.  

Hoax.  Good thing we didn't privatize social security 25 years ago like Republicans wanted.  Nobody thought about a black swan like the WTC or COVID.  And if social security was privatized, people trying to retire in 2021 would have been in a tough spot.  Not me, because I'm not a hand-to-mouth MAGA whiner and I work smartly for a living.  But some other people.  

The Biden Blueprint:  F them kids - actual Bidenflation policies that do nothing but beg for low info youth votes who are only going to see their cost of living skyrocket by the time they are 25-30.   

Student loans: Looming payments put spotlight on ‘real danger’ for borrowers

Americans with student loans could see thousands of dollars in interest added to their tabs as part of President Biden’s backup relief proposal.

The Biden administration is attempting to use a proposed aid program to help millions of student debt holders handle the dual blow of payments resuming in October and the Supreme Court striking down a sweeping debt forgiveness plan.

Biden’s “on-ramp” repayment plan allows borrowers in financial distress to delay payments from Oct. 2023 to Sept. 2024 without the threat of default or credit score decline.

But unlike the current pause on student loans, interest will still accrue on those loans and give borrowers a steeper hill to climb when they begin payments again.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/real-danger-looming-student-loan-203200224.html

We are not a serious country.   

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  You think Biden should take control of the national economy to stifle inflation.  Yet you don't feel the same about De Santis commanding the Florida economy.  You must be a selective commie, then.  Which is even worse than being a regular commie.  At least the full-time commies are principled.  

This whole thread is insane, you actually believe that a single state can stop the federal government from doing something? Or do you want to admit you don't have the slightest clue why this inflation is happening?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Florida’s fault.   

Probably more supply chain issues.  Get Mayor Pete on it.  

Expensive tastes. We've been through this before. 

They can price it at that absurd level because they will find buyers at that absurd level.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/subaru/ascent

A perfectly utilitarian 8 passenger SUV for around 50K. Buy 2, pocket the $17,000 savings!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

This whole thread is insane, you actually believe that a single state can stop the federal government from doing something? Or do you want to admit you don't have the slightest clue why this inflation is happening?

Hoax.  Inflation has occurred because of free money (a MAGA policy idea) and pent up demand.  And, your pal Ron could promote such things as rent control measures (like in New York City) to help curb inflation in his home state—a species of governmental involvement in the economy that MAGA commies wish to conduct on the federal level.  But he hasn’t.  So MAGA now is at an interesting crossroads - it can choose a path of intellectual honesty and fault De Santis (as it has Biden) for failing to intercede in the free market economy.  Or it can use MAGA logic, fault Biden for failing to take the MAGA commie approach that MAGA now seems to espouse, and continue to look the other way as Ron diddles around trying to use the levers of government to mess with a cartoon mouse with whom he disagrees. 

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Florida’s fault.   

Probably more supply chain issues.  Get Mayor Pete on it.  

Hoax.  I’m a capitalist.  Supply and demand, big boy.  This is what it costs if you want to buy a wasteful SUV.  And, apparently, there are people who buy this car at that price.  You keep on being a MAGA commie.  I’m going to be keep on being a capitalist. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1