The Florida Blueprint: Inflation

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This is what it costs if you want to buy a wasteful SUV.  And, apparently, there are people who buy this car at that price.  You keep on being a MAGA commie.  I’m going to be keep on being a capitalist.

You should archive this alongside my other MAGA whiner favorites:

- I couldn't afford NY Strip steaks for the family 4th of July

- My usual 300 count of wings for Sunday just set me back $250

At lest Deek buys his BMW EV and gloats about it like a good old fashioned Republican. I don't think he even mentioned what it cost.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

seems some see MAGA in their sleep. behind every bad thing. All the time, nonstop.

and some say TDS isnt real.  here are fine examples.

The article tried to compare Miami area to Minneapolis. A thriving and growing area, vs one seeing huge investment reductions.  apples to oranges.

46 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

At lest Deek buys his BMW EV and gloats about it like a good old fashioned Republican. I don't think he even mentioned what it cost.

Morning Frank

Gloats about it? Okay. What’s your guess on what it cost? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A 300 count is a diet for a lot of those MAGA fatties.  Complaining about lazy people and the price of food when a little avoidance of gluttony would solve a lot of their problems.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

A 300 count is a diet for a lot of those MAGA fatties.  Complaining about lazy people and the price of food when a little avoidance of gluttony would solve a lot of their problems.  

Back to name calling. When called out on your political bias nonsense you resort to name calling. Very weak. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Westside said:

Back to name calling. When called out on your political bias nonsense you resort to name calling. Very weak. 

Hoax.  There’s plenty of MAGA fatties out there.  I’m sure you’ve been to a Trump rally.  Diabetes is rampant.  COPD is a real thing.  Lung cancer lurks about.  And yet these gluttonous fatsos want me to pay for their Medicare and Medicaid.  Sick.  

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Wait! The Cult now includes people who would support his political rival? Man…that’s one big arse Cult! 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still no proof it costs more for groceries?

Here is all the proof you need why it’s the best run state in the country:

In Florida, the state’s growing population has been pushing up inflation — particularly via housing costs. It’s a trend that accelerated during the pandemic, when remote work gave some Americans the freedom to relocate, economists say.

“A lot of people are still coming to Florida because the economy is really strong, and many like the fact that we don’t have an income tax like in New York, for example,” said Amanda Phalin, an economist at the University of Florida. “And in places like Miami, we’re seeing a lot of real estate demand from non-Floridians or non-American investors — generally wealthy folks who want to have a nice home here.”

Florida’s population grew the most of any state from July 2021 to July 2022 because of domestic migration, according to the Census Bureau’s latest estimates. During that same period, Florida also had the fastest population growth by percentage, the first time it has notched that top spot since 1957.

Like I said - your number is based on housing - in demand because of the mass exodus from your commie dumpster fires.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Inflation has occurred because of free money (a MAGA policy idea) and pent up demand.  And, your pal Ron could promote such things as rent control measures (like in New York City) to help curb inflation in his home state—a species of governmental involvement in the economy that MAGA commies wish to conduct on the federal level.  But he hasn’t.  So MAGA now is at an interesting crossroads - it can choose a path of intellectual honesty and fault De Santis (as it has Biden) for failing to intercede in the free market economy.  Or it can use MAGA logic, fault Biden for failing to take the MAGA commie approach that MAGA now seems to espouse, and continue to look the other way as Ron diddles around trying to use the levers of government to mess with a cartoon mouse with whom he disagrees. 

Rent control does not stop inflation in the short term and only makes future problems worse, the amount of ignorance it takes to believe that rent control is a good idea in just about any situation is breathtaking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

The average American new car buyer paid $48,808 in June.

Interesting.

And the price is certainly not deterring new buyers:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-05/toyota-us-new-car-sales-jump-in-sign-of-auto-industry-strength

Usually if I think I can't easily afford buying a new car, I just hold onto my old ones another year. But that's just me in this 2023 world.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Interesting.

And the price is certainly not deterring new buyers:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-05/toyota-us-new-car-sales-jump-in-sign-of-auto-industry-strength

Usually if I think I can't easily afford buying a new car, I just hold onto my old ones another year. But that's just me in this 2023 world.

wait a few and buy used, that market is crashing.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/07/10/used-car-prices-fall-by-the-most-since-the-start-of-the-pandemic/

Edited by Chris farley