The Florida Blueprint: Inflation

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

it's got everything to do with how desirable a place is to live.  And right now, apparently Fla is that.  No idea why.

So let me see if I understand. It’s your personal position that you wouldn’t move to Florida because of your home insurance premium? Do you think ANYONE factors that in when they decide to move? If so, I’ve certainly NEVER heard of it. But if you feel that way…don’t move there. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let me see if I understand. It’s your personal position that you wouldn’t move to Florida because of your home insurance premium? Do you think ANYONE factors that in when they decide to move? If so, I’ve certainly NEVER heard of it. But if you feel that way…don’t move there. 👍

Let me try to splain.  Farley said this:  "people want to go to florida like Texas and other RED/Purple states. they are and have been fleeing Blue states for a while now. "   My somewhat obscure reference to insurance cos. leaving was to make the point that those people might well be making a very big, bad choice.  I coulda been more transparent but obvious can be boring (and this is Section C3's thread, after all).  Yes, set the people free!  Go to Fla and Texas!  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  

This is much more straightforward:  Don't live in a flood zone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/other/floods-fires-and-deadly-heat-are-the-alarm-bells-of-a-planet-on-the-brink/ar-AA1dMSkx

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dude, you put the clan and Democrats in the same sentence. Just think about that for a minute.

What's to think about ? It's been told how the Democrats helped the Klan get started & some Dems actually were members back in the day .

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

What's to think about ? It's been told how the Democrats helped the Klan get started & some Dems actually were members back in the day .

Back in the day
Do you recognize simply by the way that they vote and the laws they pass that there was a conversion in ideologies between democrats and Republicans or is your mind so rigid that you can’t recognize that switch?

Just one small example, Democrats are trying to remove Confederate names off of military bases. Republicans are trying to fight to keep them.

wake up

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Let me try to splain.  Farley said this:  "people want to go to florida like Texas and other RED/Purple states. they are and have been fleeing Blue states for a while now. "   My somewhat obscure reference to insurance cos. leaving was to make the point that those people might well be making a very big, bad choice.  I coulda been more transparent but obvious can be boring (and this is Section C3's thread, after all).  Yes, set the people free!  Go to Fla and Texas!  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  

This is much more straightforward:  Don't live in a flood zone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/other/floods-fires-and-deadly-heat-are-the-alarm-bells-of-a-planet-on-the-brink/ar-AA1dMSkx

As a former NYer I will explain the math to you- I bought my house in 2003 and one of my best friends bought a similar value home in Pittsford in 2005. Both household incomes have been within 10k of each other since 2005. He has paid 200k more in property and income tax then I have since and that is the low-ball amount. I have paid 15k more in property taxes since then and just renewed my insurance premium for my house that is now worth 30% more than his and my premium is still not even $1k more than his, of course I don't live on a coast which would make my premium jump 3 fold. 

Edited by Orlando Tim
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

As a former NYer I will explain the math to you- I bought my house in 2003 and one of my best friends bought a similar value home in Pittsford in 2005. Both household incomes have been within 10k of each other since 2005. He has paid 200k more in property and income tax then I have since and that is the low-ball amount. I have paid 15k more in property taxes since then and just renewed my insurance premium for my house that is now worth 30% more than his and my premium is still not even $1k more than his, of course I don't live on a coast which would make my premium jump 3 fold. 

I get it. to each his own. I love Virginia, rednecks, MAGA's and all.  We all find our place.  The beauty is overpowering.  No where else I'd rather be.  Another story and tune out if you're not interested:  Our recent cruise was with a group from our area.  The first nite at dinner , a local banker who I'd never met said "I know you're a liberal but I'm a conservative Republican".  I said "cool, let's not talk politics" and we didn't.  And we got along great.  He and his wife told us lots of interesting stuff.  They were interested in our nonpolitical stories as well.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Back in the day
Do you recognize simply by the way that they vote and the laws they pass that there was a conversion in ideologies between democrats and Republicans or is your mind so rigid that you can’t recognize that switch?

Just one small example, Democrats are trying to remove Confederate names off of military bases. Republicans are trying to fight to keep them.

wake up

I think you need to wake up ! The thing that you don't realize & will never learn because your not willing to watch anything that may teach you something that is from a different perspective is .

They don't give a S**T about you & will tell you & pander to what ever you want to here or believe just to get your vote & then do what they think is best for their end game & you so gullibly fall right into their plan because your to foolish to take in any other info than what they & their narrative feeds you .

You need to look & think outside the box & not just intake what you are force fed by those that want your vote ! And that is what that documentary explains of how they go about that but your doomed to ever learning anything other than what you want to see or here . But moving forward .

Money is the end all be all & we are still fighting against the exact same thing that those that established this country ran from when they left England way back when .

If you knew anything about the Fed, it's implementation & how it was put in place along with those that run & own it you might understand a bit more about the world financial system & why it has become a "Global Economy" instead of the US standing on our own 2 feet & being independent & sovereign . 

Also If you were open minded enough to even consider watching the documentary i posted (which apparently your not) you would see how the WEF or World Economic Forum ran by Klaus Shwab influences many world leaders on how their economy's should work within the Global economy he & others are trying to create .

As far as Democrats removing historic names & such from military bases along with statues so they don't hurt the sensitive people .

Winston Churchill once said "Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it".  

So if you remove history from certain places  & tear down statues & such no one asks questions about those people, places, & things, history gets lost possibly only to be repeated & or passed on by the very few that are interested in such things enough to learn about it .

Both parties have their good & bad politicians in it mostly bad, if by chance they had any personal moral structure for anything the debt would not be what it is due to frivolous spending, Hunger wouldn't be a thing in the US, & poverty (which again explained in the Documentary) wouldn't be as rampant .

Our gov't allows Round up, Agent Orange, Teflon, & many many other chemicals over the years that cause fatal disease to be used and skew the info to make it legal to keep disease going & kill millions each day & you think they give a S**T about you ?

Here's some others to watch to open your blinders that you will never watch ! The people vs Agent Orange - The Devil We Know - Cancer is Big Business - watch some of those then get back to me have a good day !! 

You are the one that needs to wake up sir ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, T master said:

I think you need to wake up ! The thing that you don't realize & will never learn because your not willing to watch anything that may teach you something that is from a different perspective is .

They don't give a S**T about you & will tell you & pander to what ever you want to here or believe just to get your vote & then do what they think is best for their end game & you so gullibly fall right into their plan because your to foolish to take in any other info than what they & their narrative feeds you .

You need to look & think outside the box & not just intake what you are force fed by those that want your vote ! And that is what that documentary explains of how they go about that but your doomed to ever learning anything other than what you want to see or here . But moving forward .

Money is the end all be all & we are still fighting against the exact same thing that those that established this country ran from when they left England way back when .

If you knew anything about the Fed, it's implementation & how it was put in place along with those that run & own it you might understand a bit more about the world financial system & why it has become a "Global Economy" instead of the US standing on our own 2 feet & being independent & sovereign . 

Also If you were open minded enough to even consider watching the documentary i posted (which apparently your not) you would see how the WEF or World Economic Forum ran by Klaus Shwab influences many world leaders on how their economy's should work within the Global economy he & others are trying to create .

As far as Democrats removing historic names & such from military bases along with statues so they don't hurt the sensitive people .

Winston Churchill once said "Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it".  

So if you remove history from certain places  & tear down statues & such no one asks questions about those people, places, & things, history gets lost possibly only to be repeated & or passed on by the very few that are interested in such things enough to learn about it .

Both parties have their good & bad politicians in it mostly bad, if by chance they had any personal moral structure for anything the debt would not be what it is due to frivolous spending, Hunger wouldn't be a thing in the US, & poverty (which again explained in the Documentary) wouldn't be as rampant .

Our gov't allows Round up, Agent Orange, Teflon, & many many other chemicals over the years that cause fatal disease to be used and skew the info to make it legal to keep disease going & kill millions each day & you think they give a S**T about you ?

Here's some others to watch to open your blinders that you will never watch ! The people vs Agent Orange - The Devil We Know - Cancer is Big Business - watch some of those then get back to me have a good day !! 

You are the one that needs to wake up sir ...

Holy *****

8 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I get it. to each his own. I love Virginia, rednecks, MAGA's and all.  We all find our place.  The beauty is overpowering.  No where else I'd rather be.  Another story and tune out if you're not interested:  Our recent cruise was with a group from our area.  The first nite at dinner , a local banker who I'd never met said "I know you're a liberal but I'm a conservative Republican".  I said "cool, let's not talk politics" and we didn't.  And we got along great.  He and his wife told us lots of interesting stuff.  They were interested in our nonpolitical stories as well.

You both sound soft as microwaved butter, yet seem unusually narcissistic in feeling you need to declare your political leanings.  Next time you tell him to go to hell, take a swing at him, impress your wife and his for your moxy, then boom, you’re on a cruise.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, T master said:

What we honor in and don't honor in history is important. You seem to think otherwise 

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You both sound soft as microwaved butter, yet seem unusually narcissistic in feeling you need to declare your political leanings.  Next time you tell him to go to hell, take a swing at him, impress your wife and his for your moxy, then boom, you’re on a cruise.  

great idea.  12 day cruise.  reserved dining room table with 4 other couples including the banker.  would have been a blast...and I'd probably be divorced.  Are you married?  Good luck with that.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What we honor in and don't honor in history is important. You seem to think otherwise 

Has nothing to do with what i honor . I don't honor those that did others wrong !!

But i'm also not a over sensitive liberal that feels my entitled opinion is so much more important than others that i have to slam my views down others throat I just look at it for what it was and move on !!

But that's just me ... You can be the afore mentioned and whine about everything that hurts your poor little self .

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Holy *****

Exactly what i said when i watched those documentary's and realized what the gov't is all about which most Americans don't have a clue & don;t really care as long as the free bees keep coming ...

• Sad 1

Just now, T master said:

Exactly what i said when i watched those documentary's and realized what the gov't is all about which most Americans don't have a clue & don;t really care as long as the free bees keep coming ...

I don't think he agrees with you. I think he thinks you've lost it 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I don't think he agrees with you. I think he thinks you've lost it 

That's fine he is free to think what he wants . i just see things black & white with little to no grey anywhere & in todays sensitive world in which we live that is politically incorrect .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

great idea.  12 day cruise.  reserved dining room table with 4 other couples including the banker.  would have been a blast...and I'd probably be divorced.  Are you married?  Good luck with that.

Married for near 40 years,  and I’m not saying I’d do it.  I’m more of a social influencer on an obscure part of an internet message board.  Do as I say, etc etc, creating Tik Tok challenges sorta thing. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 7 months later...