Sound of Freedom movie

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

No, no, what do YOU think of this? That Ballard is a scumbag and all the work he has done to shed light on child trafficking is suddenly null and void? 

I think he's a massive hypocrite and con man.  I'll bet his wife and kids are so proud...

https://kutv.com/news/local/church-issues-strong-rebuke-of-former-leader-of-operation-underground-railroad-tim-ballard-sound-of-freedom

“President Ballard and Tim Ballard (no relation) established a friendship a number of years ago. That friendship was built on a shared interest in looking after God’s children wherever they are and without regard to their circumstance. However, that relationship is in the past. For many months, President Ballard has had no contact with the founder of Operation Underground Railroad (OUR). The nature of that relationship was always in support of vulnerable children being abused, trafficked, and otherwise neglected. Once it became clear Tim Ballard had betrayed their friendship, through the unauthorized use of President Ballard’s name for Tim Ballard’s personal advantage and activity regarded as morally unacceptable, President Ballard withdrew his association. President Ballard never authorized his name, or the name of the Church, to be used for Tim’s personal or financial interests.

In addition, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints never endorsed, supported or represented OUR, Tim Ballard or any projects associated with them.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

100% All the Libs are, right? That's what you believe, right?

Don't project your repressed pedophilic tendencies on me. Not everybody has those urges to fight.

First, you arent a lib, you are a troll.  Second, only you attacked Tua because he said parents should watch a movie about the evils of human trafficking, not all libs, so stop trying to share your shame with those who don't deserve it.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

First, you arent a lib, you are a troll.  Second, only you attacked Tua because he said parents should watch a movie about the evils of human trafficking, not all libs, so stop trying to share your shame with those who don't deserve it.  

Tua is a public figure and knew what he was doing. Don't be dumb.

You're right when you say I'm not a liberal though. They only look good compared to the crap you lap up every day.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Tua is a public figure and knew what he was doing. Don't be dumb.

You're right when you say I'm not a liberal though. They only look good compared to the crap you lap up every day.

Tua said that the press should watch a  movie that describes child trafficking and the good work that people are doing fighting it.  What is your issue with that?  You cant possibly be saying that what this guy is accused of invalidates any efforts to combat child trafficking.  People are capable of both good and bad at the same time. 

And what exactly do I lap up, Gene?

• Like (+1) 1

What is your issue with t

ua said that the press should watch a  movie that describes child trafficking and the good work that people are doing fighting it

they probably should.  And recognize that the protagonist is actually an antagonist....and an over rated  QB one head shot away from retirement.  Things r real in the NFL.  It's why we love it....

54 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yeah, I'll wait til it streams for free.  the hero is an #######,   hole cuz of the censors,  Merica!!!

Behind the scenes a lot of these actors are #######s

I try not to let politics get in the way of a good movie I just understand that it’s not real

Not the trafficking is not real that is, but their portrayal of it trafficking is a real issue

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Behind the scenes a lot of these actors are #######s

I try not to let politics get in the way of a good movie I just understand that it’s not real

Not the trafficking is not real that is, but their portrayal of it trafficking is a real issue

yup.  trafficking is real. I go by an "Asian Massage' joint every week on my way back and forth to church.   What must I do echos in my brain.  scumbag, grifters....the men behind it.  Much more important than anti abortion laws.

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yup.  trafficking is real. I go by an "Asian Massage' joint every week on my way back and forth to church.   What must I do echos in my brain.  scumbag, grifters....the men behind it.  Much more important than anti abortion laws.

Maybe next time you should try going inside the church ?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Mainstream Media Remains Silent After ‘Sound Of Freedom’ Kidnapping Is Officially Disproven

It was the first week of August when a number of influences were taking place. The film “Sound Of Freedom” was in its fifth week in theaters, it had absorbed a flood of harshly negative media coverage, and it was enraging those same outlets by becoming a smash hit in theaters. Then came a deluge of reports about a serious criminal charge leveled at somebody attached to the production. 

Headlines blared that a financier behind the film had been arrested for child kidnapping, which was the perfect story to finally destroy the prospects of this film that so many in the press declared to be a QAnon conspiracy fantasy. Except, to have a major player behind a child sex trafficking film found to be conducting that very behavior was in fact too perfect. The press, in their collective desire to destroy this film, could not pause to actually research the details before blaring their version of events.

You see the eagerness of the press to blare these headlines before having all the facts in the way Newsweek, one of the early outlets to hype the arrest, had to issue multiple corrections on its story. The details were that the children were with their mother, involved in a domestic dispute, and she was inside a dwelling owned by Marta. As the landlord he was unwilling (or later revealed, unable) to grant the police access to the dwelling, something he was not legally bound to do given the absence of a search warrant. So Marta had not, in truth, kidnapped any children but was caught up in someone else’s legal wranglings and the police made a possible retaliatory arrest.

https://redstate.com/bradslager/2023/09/26/that-sound-of-freedom-kidnapping-now-officially-disproven-leading-to-the-sound-of-silence-in-the-media-n2164317

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I saw there's some stuff popping up about Ballard from an internal investigation within the organization he was with. Not being facetious here saying he did it, I literally know nothing about it, just that I saw some headlines about it that weren't necessarily MSM. 

Standard issue from the Left.

Accused of 'misleading donors'

No official charges, just loud headlines.

He did resign from the board to avoid damage to them, as he should.

By the way it wasn't an internal investigation.

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings began investigating Ballard and Operation Underground Railroad more than 2½ years ago in partnership with the FBI, but Rawlings closed the investigation in May.

KSL.com obtained 75 pages of documents from the Davis County investigation through a public records request to the Utah Attorney General's Office. In addition to allegations of misleading donors, the documents also confirm earlier reporting from Vice News that video footage captured a member of the organization's undercover team inappropriately touching a trafficking victim who Davis County investigators concluded was underage. The documents also indicate that the organization used a psychic to help gather intelligence.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/9/25/23889696/investigative-reports-question-whether-ex-operation-underground-railroad-ceo-misled-donors

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 4:16 PM, B-Man said:

Standard issue from the Left.

Accused of 'misleading donors'

No official charges, just loud headlines.

He did resign from the board to avoid damage to them, as he should.

By the way it wasn't an internal investigation.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/9/25/23889696/investigative-reports-question-whether-ex-operation-underground-railroad-ceo-misled-donors

We can always find Bonnie and the rest of the cult on the wrong side of every issue.

• 2 months later...