France.. Y’all good?

This is no different than the peaceful protests the USA celebrated in 2021 and 2021.

I'm glad France is getting a chance to speak up for their oppression. Free speech is an invaluable right. To respectfully and peacefully organize against the inexcusable actions of authority is a human rights issue. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

This is no different than the peaceful protests the USA celebrated in 2021 and 2021.

I'm glad France is getting a chance to speak up for their oppression. Free speech is an invaluable right. To respectfully and peacefully organize against the inexcusable actions of authority is a human rights issue. 

That isn’t free speech. That’s rioting.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Westside said:

That isn’t free speech. That’s rioting.

America is the model of free speech in the world. This activity is in line with the exercise of the rights of all people in our democracy. This pattern needs to grow across the world so all people can speak up and have their voice !

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Social Compact: I was going to start a thread on this topic but I’ll bring it up here. It seems to me we’ve lost sight of the Social Compact that civilized societies struck many many years ago. Here in the US we had the days of the Wild West in which people protected their lives and homes and property on their own. Law enforcement was virtually non existent. As a society we decided to trade away that system for a system of taxation in which we now pay others (police) to protect and serve us. In parts of Europe that social compact has gone so far as to completely disarm the citizens. The result is that the entirety of personal protection has been ceded to the State. Now we appear to be in a precarious tipping point in which criminals no longer fear that enforcement, and/or when some demand that the enforcement mechanism stand down in lieu of enforcing it. What happens next? 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Social Compact: I was going to start a thread on this topic but I’ll bring it up here. It seems to me we’ve lost sight of the Social Compact that civilized societies struck many many years ago. Here in the US we had the days of the Wild West in which people protected their lives and homes and property on their own. Law enforcement was virtually non existent. As a society we decided to trade away that system for a system of taxation in which we now pay others (police) to protect and serve us. In parts of Europe that social compact has gone so far as to completely disarm the citizens. The result is that the entirety of personal protection has been ceded to the State. Now we appear to be in a precarious tipping point in which criminals no longer fear that enforcement, and/or when some demand that the enforcement mechanism stand down in lieu of enforcing it. What happens next? 

Militarization.

Edit:  I'm serious SCD.  You neuter law enforcement and who is left to keep law and order?

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

There’s a lot to unpack in these riots from open borders, to a lack of cultural assimilation and a failing state, but one thing we know is certain…

Politicians never let a good emergency go to waste. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Militarization.

Edit:  I'm serious SCD.  You neuter law enforcement and who is left to keep law and order?

Oh I realize you were serious Doc. The question is who militarizes first? The citizenry or the government. 

10 hours ago, boyst said:

America is the model of free speech in the world. This activity is in line with the exercise of the rights of all people in our democracy. This pattern needs to grow across the world so all people can speak up and have their voice !

As long as they don't loot and burn like they did here in 2020 and 21.