Liberal White Women

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I thought it was cool.  Is there some kind of a problem with it?

With the dancing? Not inherently. 

With the company that surely got paid decent cash to do it? Oh boy do I have a story for you. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I thought it was cool.  Is there some kind of a problem with it?

Agreed.

But reading down the thread, we see that new Republican Old Fogey-ism had to dig deep to find a reason to object. 

Is it an objection to having people who "don't look like regular Americans" tap dancing in the White House? Can't come right out and say that. Would be obviously racist, or homophobic, or both.

Is it an objection to the desecration of that great gay Russian composer Tchaikovsky? After all Putin still loves him some Tchaikovsky as an example of the greatness of Russia, conveniently ignoring the gay thing. But no, that's not it either.

Here's what it is: the dance group that put on the performance supports all manner of progressive causes! In other words, we can't just have fun and watch it; we have to fully investigate the political orientations of the performers before rendering our opinions. In other words, exactly what the other side does when they seek to ban some politically conservative artist from performing on their college campus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed.

But reading down the thread, we see that new Republican Old Fogey-ism had to dig deep to find a reason to object. 

Is it an objection to having people who "don't look like regular Americans" tap dancing in the White House? Can't come right out and say that. Would be obviously racist, or homophobic, or both.

Is it an objection to the desecration of that great gay Russian composer Tchaikovsky? After all Putin still loves him some Tchaikovsky as an example of the greatness of Russia, conveniently ignoring the gay thing. But no, that's not it either.

Here's what it is: the dance group that put on the performance supports all manner of progressive causes! In other words, we can't just have fun and watch it; we have to fully investigate the political orientations of the performers before rendering our opinions. In other words, exactly what the other side does when they seek to ban some politically conservative artist from performing on their college campus.

Simmer down. The entire left went nuts over trumps Christmas video and it didn't involve Satanist and anti Americans. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The nice one.  There is a link I shared on one of these threads that shows it. 

You all even freaked out when she did the white trees. 

Well, then you are proving my point. People hated on a nice Christmas display because it was associated with Trump.

Just like you people are hating on a fun little performance because the group that put it on supports lefty causes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 10:53 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

Oh no!  Is the bunker ready?  You better hide Karen!   Pro caliphate + commies + lizard people = end of days.  You better be a prayin there bub.  Jesus is a comin.  I tell you what.  And I didn't even mention antifa but maybe I shouldn't,  those conservative board members in nursing homes might get worked up.

• Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...