Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

Being these hockey players are a young bunch you would hope their psychological skin would toughen up. And keep what fans say and think or boo in perspective.

I would TRY to let it motivate me or else put it in the mental circular file aka trash bin. 

If it isn't helpful or positive or productive cut it Out.   **** them and their hateful expression of frustration. Its NOT PERSONAL

I'm speaking  a lot from experience and Im no psychologist. But armour your hearts mate and **** them basically.

Edited by muppy

I am a 33, have a successful career so far, happily married and with 3 children.

The last time the sabres made the playoffs i was 20 years old, no girlfriend, didn't know what i wanted to do with my life.

The last time the sabres won a playoff series i was 17. 

The last time the sabres were in the finals I was 8 years old and was a Dallas Stars fan because they were a fun team to watch when I first started watching hockey.

Life seems to have progressed for me. For the sabres, time has stood still. They're still wandering in a wasteland. 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I am a 33, have a successful career so far, happily married and with 3 children.

The last time the sabres made the playoffs i was 20 years old, no girlfriend, didn't know what i wanted to do with my life.

The last time the sabres were in the finals I was 8 years old and was a Dallas Stars fan because they were a fun team to watch when I first started watching hockey.

Life seems to have progressed for me. For the sabres, time has stood still. They're still wandering in a wasteland. 

this is a great way to really put in perspective what a joke this team and organization has become.

16 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

The segment on the players still being mad starts right around 8:44am for anyone looking for it.

Yeah if what Paul Hamilton was saying is true… yikes.

Paul describing a situation where the players never get over being booed and no one ever wanting to play in Buffalo again is special.  If Dahlin is really still bringing it up then he's not captain material.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Blow It Up...

Granato is under contract for 2 more years...take the hit and send him packing

I bet Pegula was feeling real good watching tonight's game. Wake up Terry

Why were Adams and Granato elevated when neither of them has had any success as a coach or GM anywhere in the NHL and the Sabres have never been good with either of them in the org. It makes no ***** sense. The team has been bad for over a decade, so let's make the asst coach the head coach and then sign him to an extension after almost making the playoffs. That should change things. Half the ***** teams in the NHL make the playoffs. An extension because you almost achieved mediocrity???

WTF!!! Hire some successful experienced people instead of promoting people who have been a part of this disaster of a team. Get a real coach, a real GM, and hire a Scotty Bowman-like President.

Enough of this garbage

Edited by Turk71

25 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Granato is under contract for 2 more years

Granato has a contract extension that doesn't even start until next year 😂

By the way, that was the start of a 5-game homestand, which has the potential to be the ugliest in franchise history if they play like that.

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

Granato has a contract extension that doesn't even start until next year 😂

Like I said...

Granato is under contract for 2 more years. It's a 2 year extension.

Don't expect Granato to be fired.  Terry is done paying people not to work for him; I think that directive went out to the organization about 4 or 5 years ago. 

We are not functioning as a legitimate, competitive, NHL franchise.

That's how you go 13 years without playoffs.

• Agree 1

Gosh it sounds like  I missed a debacle of a game tonight.

I have no idea when a change will be made but it reads clear from here at least it needs be done ASAP. Wake UP Terry.

😒

Just heard tonight's attendance was announced as 14,000 and change.

No way in HELL it was anything close to that number.

It looked more like an 8,000 person crowd all night on TV.

The bulk of entire sections down by the glass empty.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Just heard tonight's attendance was announced as 14,000 and change.

No way in HELL it was anything close to that number.

It looked more like an 8,000 person crowd all night on TV.

The bulk of entire sections down by the glass empty.

The place looked half empty, the lower levels even more. It had the look of abject failure...

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't expect Granato to be fired.  Terry is done paying people not to work for him; I think that directive went out to the organization about 4 or 5 years ago. 

We are not functioning as a legitimate, competitive, NHL franchise.

That's how you go 13 years without playoffs.

They gave Granato an extension after his first year when they didn't even make the playoffs. 

If you don't like paying people no longer working for you then don't give a rookie coach an extension after a mediocre first year. Idiots

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/25/2024 at 9:33 PM, Bills!Win! said:

Don't worry, the next 20 years will go by faster than your last 10.   

It gets easier to deal with the bad sports teams when you age because the seasons go by in a blink.    

• Haha (+1) 1