Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

yeah well **** I missed my daily game post and they lost. THANKS MUPPY @-@

yeah lame attempt at humor I don't believe in that sports voodoo chit lol sucks they lost though

• Like (+1) 1

Apr 9 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Dallas Stars

5:00 PM - 8:00 PM PDT

American Airlines Center

a hockey Tuesday LETS GO SABRES 🙂

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I hear they’re scouting Billy Stemhovilichski.  

That popped up in my youtube feed today.  

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

7e51cecf-56ab-4038-95d2-729896fd81eb.ede

So, if I were king, I'd make Terry Pegula wear a big cowboy hat with that number emblazoned on it for a month.

For sure, I'd make him wear it to Las Vegas for the 2024 Draft. Maybe Jack Eichel would come up to him and say "hi."

I bet he'd fire Don Granato then, and maybe hire a real GM and coach. Or sell to someone who gave a damn, but 

most likely that would be someone who'd want to move the team to Atlanta or Portland or somewhere else more 

deserving of a dozen years plus of missing the playoffs.

Looks like the Coyotes are on shaky ground (no surprise) in Arizona.

Frank Seravalli on X: "Sources: #NHL is drafting two schedule versions for next season - one with #Yotes in Arizona, another with the relocated franchise playing in Salt Lake City. Fluid situation. Lots of moving parts. Details on dual paths and a potential transaction. Link: https://t.co/wvc66RJpT9 https://t.co/mI98R6GEU8" / X (twitter.com)

Edited by Gregg

well folks. only 3 regular season Sabres games left this year

UPCOMING EVENTS. Thursday, Saturday and Monday

Apr 11 2024

🏒 Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT KeyBank Center

Apr 13 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM PDT Amerant Bank Arena

Apr 15 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Tampa Bay Lightning 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Amalie Arena

as I wave goodbye to 2024 all I can say is I now am back in the NHL hockey fold. I will watch the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Looks like the Coyotes are on shaking ground (no surprise) in Arizona.

Frank Seravalli on X: "Sources: #NHL is drafting two schedule versions for next season - one with #Yotes in Arizona, another with the relocated franchise playing in Salt Lake City. Fluid situation. Lots of moving parts. Details on dual paths and a potential transaction. Link: https://t.co/wvc66RJpT9 https://t.co/mI98R6GEU8" / X (twitter.com)

of everything I’ve read on potential plans for the coyotes arena situation, this makes the most sense:

Many questions remain, but one stands out: with all of this is happening behind the scenes, why did the Coyotes release arena renderings and a strongly worded commitment to Arizona last week?

Perhaps the answer is that Meruelo intends to win the June 27 land auction and develop that sports and entertainment district in the hopes of luring the NHL back to Arizona with a future expansion franchise. Sources said part of the agreement to sell now could include language that would allow Meruelo to ‘reactivate’ the Coyotes franchise in future years, including name and trademarks, if a new arena is built and terms and conditions of the agreement with the NHL are met.

they can’t keep playing in this little 4000 seat arena that doesn’t even have proper locker rooms for the players. It’s making it impossible for the coyotes to operate like a true NHL team.

The NHL has been abundantly patient with Arizona and this arena situation. They’ve had multiple different proposed arena locations fall through over many years now, and now the latest one seems to yet again be under attack by Arizona politicians (the mayor this time, who made the new proposed location sound doubtful). Arizona has made and is making it extremely clear they have no interest in keeping the coyotes.

i feel bad for Arizona fans, and as a Buffalo fan who knows what it’s like to live with the fear of losing your teams, I never root for relocation. But this situation is unique. They literally don’t have an home arena and haven’t been able to get one done over many years now. Even the Arizona voters have rejected numerous arena proposals iirc.

If/when they ever actually get an arena built and ready to play in, then allow them to get an expansion team (although I’m not crazy about the idea of more expansion teams though).

19 minutes ago, muppy said:

well folks. only 3 regular season Sabres games left this year

UPCOMING EVENTS. Thursday, Saturday and Monday

Apr 11 2024

🏒 Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT KeyBank Center

Apr 13 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM PDT Amerant Bank Arena

Apr 15 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Tampa Bay Lightning 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Amalie Arena

as I wave goodbye to 2024 all I can say is I now am back in the NHL hockey fold. I will watch the playoffs.

you definitely should! I’ve barely watched the Sabres in months now and I’ll be watching the playoffs. It’s hard to beat good playoff hockey. I look forward to it every year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

of everything I’ve read on potential plans for the coyotes arena situation, this makes the most sense:

they can’t keep playing in this little 4000 seat arena that doesn’t even have proper locker rooms for the players. It’s making it impossible for the coyotes to operate like a true NHL team.

The NHL has been abundantly patient with Arizona and this arena situation. They’ve had multiple different proposed arena locations fall through over many years now, and now the latest one seems to yet again be under attack by Arizona politicians (the mayor this time, who made the new proposed location sound doubtful). Arizona has made and is making it extremely clear they have no interest in keeping the coyotes.

i feel bad for Arizona fans, and as a Buffalo fan who knows what it’s like to live with the fear of losing your teams, I never root for relocation. But this situation is unique. They literally don’t have an home arena and haven’t been able to get one done over many years now. Even the Arizona voters have rejected numerous arena proposals iirc.

If/when they ever actually get an arena built and ready to play in, then allow them to get an expansion team (although I’m not crazy about the idea of more expansion teams though).

you definitely should! I’ve barely watched the Sabres in months now and I’ll be watching the playoffs. It’s hard to beat good playoff hockey. I look forward to it every year.

I don't like to see relocation either as no fanbase deserves to lose their team. Like you said the Coyotes can't continue playing in an arena that holds around 4,000. I am surprised Houston hasn't gotten a look for an expansion franchise. Big market and they would have a natural rival already in place with the Stars.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I don't like to see relocation either as no fanbase deserves to lose their team. Like you said the Coyotes can't continue playing in an arena that holds around 4,000. I am surprised Houston hasn't gotten a look for an expansion franchise. Big market and they would have a natural rival already in place with the Stars.

Maybe Dallas doesn't want to compete with them, I'm just glad they aren't going to Hamilton. 

• Like (+1) 1

Current record is 37-37-5. Win/Lose Win/Lose Win/Lose..🤦‍♂️ What’s actually worse than no grit and no defending their goaltender when opponents run into him, is that they LOSE MORE GAMES AT HOME than win! Home! Buffalo, NY! The most rabid, dedicated adoring Fanbase in the America’s!

Disgusting..🤬

IMG_1425.jpeg

THEY SUCK!!

Edited by Chandler#81

One step closer to Salt Lake.

Frank Seravalli on X: "BREAKING: Sources tell @DailyFaceoff- NHL, Arizona Coyotes & Smith Entertain. Grp have made significant progress on the framework of an agreement to relocate #Yotes to Salt Lake City, Utah. #NHL memo updated Governors today. NOT done. Many layers and lawyers. Much work to do." / X (twitter.com)

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

BRUTAL

Keep in mind for most of it's existence 67-75% of teams made the NHL playoffs. At one time 16 of 21 teams got in (76%.) With 32 teams, only 50% of teams get in. That's the lowest percentage in league history. 

44 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Current record is 37-37-5. Win/Lose Win/Lose Win/Lose..🤦‍♂️ What’s actually worse than no grit and no defending their goaltender when opponents run into him, is that they LOSE MORE GAMES AT HOME than win! Home! Buffalo, NY! The most rabid, dedicated adoring Fanbase in the America’s!

Disgusting..🤬

IMG_1425.jpeg

THEY SUCK!!

I was worried when the Bills ended their 17 year playoff drought, people would have nothing to get upset over.

I'm holding off comment until the day after the season ends.

If Granato isn't fired with 24 hours of the season ending, we'll officially know where we stand with Pegula at this stage of his ownership.  

He still might surprise me and fire Granato, but I don't think he will.

https://theathletic.com/5404392/2024/04/10/sabres-playoffs-drought-streak/

But the Sabres will enter the offseason with a lot of questions to answer. The first will be the status of Granato, who is now the sixth-longest-tenured coach in the NHL and the longest-tenured coach who hasn’t made the playoffs. He’s been with the Sabres for more than three full seasons. Only six coaches in NHL history have coached more games without making the playoffs than Granato has.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

BRUTAL

their current 13 years streak is 2 or 3 years longer than any other team in NHL history.

Both the oilers and panthers hit 10 year streaks. Some say the panthers streak hit 11 years but that’s counting a season they were inactive. So I say 10 is more accurate.

https://champsorchumps.us/drought/longest-nhl-playoff-drought#tab-drought-historic

the one constant that entire 13 years? Ownership. Hard not to pin a lot of the blame for it on them.

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1