Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Four goals on 14 shots (and an empty netter).  Amazing.

On the flip side, UPL saved 38 out of 40 shots.  His last two games he has a 96.8% save percentage.  Hopefully a sign of things to come.

He stole that game is what I would say if I was giving him any credit... but I am not!  Officially I'm still done with him and unwilling to admit he has played two fantastic games. Timely saves again and again and he didnt give up his typical weak one and then come totally unmoored is what I am not saying.  Great to see, if it were true.  That is what this team has not had the past few years and still doesn't for the record!  Team defense was not great tonight but UPL came up big when it mattered is an opinion for someone else.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The first goal was the total fluke, and I can’t even put that on UPL.

Again, I'm not saying anything other than UPL stinks and draw your own conclusions.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/stats/_/type/goalie/name/buf

The one L was the relief appearance in New Jersey which is exactly the type of BS excuse these UPL apologists love.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Again, I'm not saying anything other than UPL stinks and draw your own conclusions.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/stats/_/type/goalie/name/buf

The one L was the relief appearance in New Jersey which is exactly the type of BS excuse these UPL apologists love.

He actually reminds me a lot of Linus Ullmark.

I'd hope the Sabres don't make the same mistake again.

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

No energy and can't even clear the zone. 

They'll get better but they're probably going to be maddeningly inconsistent all year.

They might come out in the 2nd looking like the '85 Oilers and then spend the 3rd playing like the '95 Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Once again, this team is an embarrassment.

Playing with absolutely no structure.

45 minutes ago, Simon said:

They'll get better but they're probably going to be maddeningly inconsistent all year.

They might come out in the 2nd looking like the '85 Oilers and then spend the 3rd playing like the '95 Sabres.

This is a pond hockey team that, when facing a team that decides to bring their game, no matter the talent level of that team,  the Sabres are going to lose.

Too much running around in all three zones. There are countless times you can throw a hat over three or four players. That just shouldn’t happen.

Edited by Beast