Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Ok but you admit McD was lying.

I didn’t see/read the exact wording, but I think he was excused in arrears as I mentioned. That was probably a bone to say it didn’t cost him a$16k fine, or whatever it was.

What is with you trying to be right and/or prove others wrong? Life is not always black and white. They worked it out, I’m glad they made progress.

Let’s stay healthy until real football starts, then keep it rolling! 

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I think what impresses me most about @Einsteinis how a CEO of a multi million dollar company could possibly spend this much time online in a workday. He truly must be incredible at his job. How else could he achieve such splendid multitasking?

Honestly a CEO of a multi million dollar company and that's what he is actually claiming lol. Wow if he is a CEO then I am the real JP Losman.

• Agree 1

Just now, Augie said:

What is with you trying to be right and/or prove others wrong?

Perhaps you forgot, but I posted that McD is lying and YOU responded and attempted to correct me and say he is not. 

Wouldnt that mean you are always trying to be right more so than I???

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

That may be the place.  If he moves and I come down, are we drinking beers?

You can meet up at my place. I’m in the middle in the Vinings area.   🍺 🍻 

Whitehall Tavern for a game would be cool, too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think what impresses me most about @Einsteinis how a CEO of a multi million dollar company could possibly spend this much time online in a workday. He truly must be incredible at his job. How else could he achieve such splendid multitasking?

I’m not a CEO.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Perhaps you forgot, but I posted that McD is lying and YOU responded and attempted to correct me and say he is not. 

You have the power to end this thread devolution by just not responding anymore...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yup

Altho he'd be higher in total targets if we had played 17 games

Regardless he's targeted a ton

True, on the 17 game thing.  Kelce and Lamb both played 17 games, so I guess on a "targets per game" thing he'd be #4.  Actually all the guys ahead of Diggs in targets played 17 games last season.

Which brings up an interesting point.  Both Jefferson and Adams play >90% of the snaps: 92% for Jefferson, 95% for Adams. 

Tyreek Hill, 3rd in targets, plays 76% of the snaps.  Diggs similar, 77%.  Lamb plays 10% more snaps, 87%.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, the basis is McDermott saying so as quoted here.  Indirect evidence would be Diggs showing up and participating in Day 2.

But

1) of course, if one wants to work from the premise that McDermott is lying in everything he says, then sure, there's not much basis

2) if it's an interpersonal issue, these things have the tendency to re-emerge because people may commit to changing whatever it is, but don't follow through or don't follow through consistently, or they reflect underlying issues so they pop up in a different form

I don't like the term "lying". Yesterday McD was pissed, today was the typical PR game. We had such a good conversation and great communication that we felt we all needed a break and some space, so I excused him and we met back later. 

They disagreed, argued, it got heated and either McD told him to leave or Diggs stormed out. Based off of the presser and what was being said yesterday, I'm leaning towards Stef storming out; hence Sean being very concerned. I'm sure calls from Beane to the agent, players to Stef and beane and McD talking happened, he came back and they found a common ground to move forward, that doesn't equal cool.

Today Sean's job was to get the toothpaste back in the tube and to do a mea culpa publicly for yesterday. This is the agreed way forward by all parties. It doesn't make it cool or resolve a darn thing. 

Sean is always talking in coachspeak, and yesterday was the devation out of frustration. JMO at this point...

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It’s probably not cool after one day but being that Diggs showed up, its a step in a positive direction.

I found this...

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I won’t keep this up, but YOU are the guy here with the most posts, BY FAR. I look at this situation and think this is how you would have expected it to turn out. It’s pretty simple, really. I now expect them to move on like pros. 

Caveat: Because you are so obsessed with being correct (at least in your mind) and proving others wrong……ANYTHING might happen going forward. They may blow up again. And I don’t have to be right or wrong about any of it.  

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I don't like the term "lying". Yesterday McD was pissed, today was the typical PR game. We had such a good conversation and great communication that we felt we all needed a break and some space, so I excused him and we met back later. 

They disagreed, argued, it got heated and either McD told him to leave or Diggs stormed out. Based off of the presser and what was being said yesterday, I'm leaning towards Stef storming out; hence Sean being very concerned. I'm sure calls from Beane to the agent, players to Stef and beane and McD talking happened, he came back and they found a common ground to move forward, that doesn't equal cool.

Today Sean's job was to get the toothpaste back in the tube and to do a mea culpa publicly for yesterday. This is the agreed way forward by all parties. It doesn't make it cool or resolve a darn thing. 

Sean is always talking in coachspeak, and yesterday was the devation out of frustration. JMO at this point...

You may not like the word "lie" but that's completely what McDermott did today.

You don't like that idea because you idolize the Bills, so you very creatively invent a story in your mind to explain why the lie wasn't really a lie.

Congratulations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Where the hell is my invitation?

Do I need to show you my tax returns?

We can get by with your SSN, DOB and your mother’s maiden name. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely, 

That Nigerian Prince

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I didn’t see/read the exact wording, but I think he was excused in arrears as I mentioned. That was probably a bone to say it didn’t cost him a$16k fine, or whatever it was.

What is with you trying to be right and/or prove others wrong? Life is not always black and white. They worked it out, I’m glad they made progress.

Let’s stay healthy until real football starts, then keep it rolling! 

Not a full transcript, but a lot of quotes here:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/sean-mcdermott-says-team-is-in-a-great-spot-with-stefon-diggs-as-bills-wr-return

'course, it's put out by the Bills so maybe the guy who put it together is lying? 

The problem with that is: if we don't accept the premise that leaders in the Bills organization and players are generally speaking their truth (truth as they understand it), we quickly come to a place where discussion or meaningful debate are impossible.   Each person's beliefs become, essentially, articles of religious faith in that there is no way to challenge or refute them.  Any evidence refuting them may be dismissed as "he's lying" etc, so only that person and those who think like him have a corner on what's really happening.

We might as well all pack up and go home in those circs.

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You may not like the word "lie" but that's completely what McDermott did today.

You don't like that idea because you idolize the Bills, so you very creatively invent a story in your mind to explain why the lie wasn't really a lie.

Congratulations.

I think, if you read it carefully, McDermott told the exact truth.  I think he didn't tell the whole truth.

(link above)

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Not a full transcript, but a lot of quotes here:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/sean-mcdermott-says-team-is-in-a-great-spot-with-stefon-diggs-as-bills-wr-return

'course, it's put out by the Bills so maybe the guy who put it together is lying? 

The problem with that is: if we don't accept the premise that leaders in the Bills organization and players are generally speaking their truth (truth as they understand it), we quickly come to a place where discussion or meaningful debate are impossible.   Each person's beliefs become, essentially, articles of religious faith in that there is no way to challenge or refute them.  Any evidence refuting them may be dismissed as "he's lying" etc, so only that person and those who think like him have a corner on what's really happening.

We might as well all pack up and go home in those circs.

Huh, ummm, I’m sorry….I was just having a flashback to reading those philosophy books in college!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.