Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

14 hours ago, mrags said:

I think even if the seats stayed on the fry stations would be better. Seems like it heats everything around the area vs just your butt and back. Maybe there could be a mix of both in the new stadium but I just think the covered sections will have heat and nothing else will. Pretty obvious really. But the new stadium will have some. 100s, 200s, 300s and even some 400s that will be covered. 3-4 levels/tiers of covered and heated seats. 

I went back and watched the Experience reveal video.  At the 7:39 mark they show what I expect is the fry station heaters, so I'm guessing that is what they are going to go with.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I went back and watched the Experience reveal video.  At the 7:39 mark they show what I expect is the fry station heaters, so I'm guessing that is what they are going to go with.  

Any sense how many sections those heaters will be set up?

14 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The overhead fry station is better.  The seats, when they worked, had a built-in contact/switch, so they were off until you lowered your seat to sit in it.  So, you'd be sitting on cold plastic until it warmed up.  If you kept standing during a game (stand/sit/stand/sit/etc.) your seat kept "turning off" every time you stood. 

Plus, I've had people say to me how cool the stadium looks at the night games on TV with the red glow from the club seats.  

100% agreed. The overhead heaters are a significant improvement. 

On 3/10/2024 at 8:43 PM, mrags said:

There’s at least a 7k person waiting list as we speak.

Is this true?  For the 2022 season, my wife and I decided to get season tickets for the Bills.  We called, and - boom - we had season tickets.  Granted, they were somewhere above where the angels fear to fly, but they weren't bad seats.

A lot of people have asked me if it was hard to get season tickets.  They were not.

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Any sense how many sections those heaters will be set up?

10 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Nope.  

By the looks of the video, as well as the renderings, as well as things I’ve heard I’ve come to the conclusion that some sections, the last few rows of the 100 level seats. Parts where the 200 overhang it probably not any different than the current 200 clubs, but probably less rows, I’m thinking maybe 5 or so rows. Then the 200, 300, and in spots where there is a 400 level will be stacked right on top of one another. Based on the most recent diagram of seating and sight angles, it looks like they will be directly on top of one another with no open seating underneath. So imagine all of the 200, will be covered, all of the 300s will be covered, and some of the 400s (where applicable) will be covered. According to recent renderings, you can see the “red glow” in these areas and it seems to go with what they have been saying. Looks to be the club levels are about the size of the current clubs now. Maybe not the full 15 or so rows of them, but the covered areas. Plus it looks like some end zone and corner end zone seats appear to be under cover and or have heating as well. Again, this is just my opinion on it, but I have looked into the surveys quite a bit from when they sent them to STHs and tried matching up those sections based on the artist renderings that they have provided. Which unfortunately that’s all we can go on. But I’m going to take @SoCal Deek on it that the renderings are likely what we see is what we get moving forward 

6 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Is this true?  For the 2022 season, my wife and I decided to get season tickets for the Bills.  We called, and - boom - we had season tickets.  Granted, they were somewhere above where the angels fear to fly, but they weren't bad seats.

A lot of people have asked me if it was hard to get season tickets.  They were not.

I have been told there was a 7k person wait list by multiple reps. Maybe nobody wanted the seats you chose and that’s how they got to you. Which would kind of make my point about the Bills and their expectations that people are willing to pay more money for their seats assuming they get a few luxuries included. I do know for sure that no club seats were available last year when I entered the clubs. I literally got the last pair together in the whole stadium. They aren’t the greatest tix in the place I’ll tell you that. But they are in the clubs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I get regular YouTube drone video updates on the progress at Everton’s new waterfront stadium (Liverpool). Still makes me wish the Bills had opted for that location and a similar design. Everton is looking really cool!

With that said, it seems like it’s been a while since anyone has posted updates from the Bills stadium. I have to imagine steel is going up….yes? 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I get regular YouTube drone video updates on the progress at Everton’s new waterfront stadium (Liverpool). Still makes me wish the Bills had opted for that location and a similar design. Everton is looking really cool!

With that said, it seems like it’s been a while since anyone has posted updates from the Bills stadium. I have to imagine steel is going up….yes? 

Yes there is steel up last time I looked. Wasn’t a lot. But I’m sure there’s a bunch more now. That was a while ago 

Don't understand why the Bills are so hush hush about everything. Based off the news reports and thier shared time-lapse, we now know the Bills have a camera mounted on the current stadium but they are not live streaming it. 

Also, we have fly throughs of the Titan's new stadium & many others, but nothing on ours. 

Public money deserves transparency, yet again, Pegula does it wrong.

Just like when the Sabres unveiled new/alternate jerseys, had to wait to see what they were going to look like until a week before they wore them, while every other team shows them months in advance. 

For some reason, Pegula thinks this builds anticipation, but in reality, it pisses people off! 

Edited by DRutka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Search"buffalo stadium live" on YouTube.  You can thank me later...

If I had to guess, the Bills themselves may not have enough bandwidth to live stream 24/7 on top of everything else they use it for.  Hopefully this is one of many things that are getting fixed once the stadium is done...

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, parts of it is actually looking like a stadium at this point.

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Yes, parts of it is actually looking like a stadium at this point.

I love how at the end they zone into downtown Buffalo, where the stadium should have been 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everton will have the nicest stadium in the Championship.

• Haha (+1) 2

You know how you are on the 219 and look over and see the lights of the stadium? I wonder if you’ll be able to see the top of the new stadium from the 219 since it’s going to be higher up from ground level.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

You know how you are on the 219 and look over and see the lights of the stadium? I wonder if you’ll be able to see the top of the new stadium from the 219 since it’s going to be higher up from ground level.

of course you will. You can see the top of the lights from the 219 and the new one will be taller. Why wouldn’t you? It’s only set back about 1-200 yards more than the current stadium 

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Downtown stadiums without a dime is a waste of downtown space due to the inordinant amount of parking required and the lack of Buffalo public transport. 

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Somewhere I read/heard the new stadium will be as tall as the current light towers.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Somewhere I read/heard the new stadium will be as tall as the current light towers.  

They’ve provided that information at least 10 times since the process. It is known 

5 hours ago, mrags said:

of course you will. You can see the top of the lights from the 219 and the new one will be taller. Why wouldn’t you? It’s only set back about 1-200 yards more than the current stadium 

I don’t know. I haven’t really followed the new stadium stuff all that much. Maybe eventually but, right now, I’m not all that on top of things or well versed on the stadium.

Kind of like you and football in general.

Edited by Beast
  • Eyeroll 1