Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

23 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I know nothing about this stuff but for someone who does, is it possible the lack of renderings could be due to the overruns and possibility that some of the finishes may not end up being what was originally envisioned?

The “secrecy” on the seating pricing must be some type of marketing strategy but we generally know what types of seating there will be. Seems like some of the interior aesthetics could be changed pretty significantly as the project unfolds and maybe that’s part of the reason they’re holding off? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I suspect the secrecy is more about not being locked in promising certain features if they decide to skip them to cut cost. Like heated seats. That survey indicated there would be heated seats in non-club sections. I suspect that isn't the case anymore.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

What's mind-boggling is why the secrecy.  

In the early stages they threw out pictures and people lost their minds over the size of the buffalos. The statues out front. Seriously.

They then said "F*** these wackos, we don't need the renderings to sell seats, we have Josh Allen"

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

It's still absolutely mind blowing to me that this structure in Orchard Park, NY can cost $1.7 billion. It has to be a deal of a lifetime for every single contractor that works on this thing.

The barge that ran into the Baltimore bridge about a month ago is going to cost $1.7B-$1.9B before any cost overrides and take 4 years.

That's for a bridge.  The infrastructure of a stadium is a lot more.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/key-bridge-collapse-rebuild-bridge-process-baltimore/60721790#:~:text=the procurement process.-,ALSO%3A Maryland plans to rebuild the Key Bridge in just,%241.7 billion and %241.9 billion.

32 minutes ago, QCity said:

In the early stages they threw out pictures and people lost their minds over the size of the buffalos. The statues out front. Seriously.

They then said "F*** these wackos, we don't need the renderings to sell seats, we have Josh Allen"

One could surmise that the Buffalos were meant as a distraction to get people all whooped up so that they wouldn't ask anymore questions.  

Either way, this is the stadium project that everyone seems to agree has had the least depictions (renderings) of what the final product will look like of any.  

Posted (edited)

This was posted the other day on FB.

👍

(Dear lord, I had to compress the hell out of this to get under the 200kb maximum here. Has this photo size limit been changed since the early ‘00s?!?? I understand that this is designed to be mostly a text board but I don’t see and I don’t post photos very often. But this is like two pixels for a nose.)

IMG_0146.jpeg

Edited by UConn James

9 minutes ago, UConn James said:

👍

(Dear lord, I had to compress the hell out of this to get under the 200kb maximum here. Has this photo size limit been changed since the early ‘00s?!?? I understand that this is designed to be mostly a text board but I don’t see and I don’t post photos very often. But this is like two pixels for a nose.)

IMG_0146.jpeg

Josh doesn’t have the appropriate footwear for a construction site. Hard to believe the site’s Safety Officer wasn’t all over him. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Josh doesn’t have the appropriate footwear for a construction site. Hard to believe the site’s Safety Officer wasn’t all over him. 

They might be steel toe sneakers! 😉

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I suspect the secrecy is more about not being locked in promising certain features if they decide to skip them to cut cost. Like heated seats. That survey indicated there would be heated seats in non-club sections. I suspect that isn't the case anymore.

I fear this. I looked at the renderings that were available at the times and they indicate with red glow, multiple sections other than the clubs that “appeared” be heated.

Of course we don’t know for sure. They appear to be telling people that are going to the snake oil salesmen meetings that the only seats that will be heated and covered are the clubs. But at the same time they aren’t telling them any pricing or any other information on the other sections if they choose not to sign up at that time either. So who knows what’s actually going to be available or not at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I know nothing about this stuff but for someone who does, is it possible the lack of renderings could be due to the overruns and possibility that some of the finishes may not end up being what was originally envisioned?🤷🏻‍♂️

If that's the case, what would be the harm in disclosing that.  Bills fans understand the circumstances.  

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I still say the lack of renderings is because they don't want ya to see the glass roof

Yup. This is it. I also heard they are going to pump cold air, some wind (not too much because of the wind confusers) and even snow and rain on multiple games a year. To give you the true outdoor experience. And the roof is going to be completely transparent 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Yup. This is it. I also heard they are going to pump cold air, some wind (not too much because of the wind confusers) and even snow and rain on multiple games a year. To give you the true outdoor experience. And the roof is going to be completely transparent 

Corning Gorrila Glass

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, mrags said:

As long as it's not the outdoor experience of New Jersey.  

😁

19 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I know nothing about this stuff but for someone who does, is it possible the lack of renderings could be due to the overruns and possibility that some of the finishes may not end up being what was originally envisioned?

The “secrecy” on the seating pricing must be some type of marketing strategy but we generally know what types of seating there will be. Seems like some of the interior aesthetics could be changed pretty significantly as the project unfolds and maybe that’s part of the reason they’re holding off? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good questions, and I wish had answers for you. At this point in the construction process there is VERY LITTLE that’s yet to be nailed down. The Floor Plans aren’t changing now. I can’t imagine Bills fans would be upset if the color of the restroom tile didn’t end up exactly like the renderings. (And the same is true with ALL preliminarily renderings no matter what the project is.) 

I wonder if the secrecy is also part of the sales technique.  Knowing PSLs are going to be a tough sell, perhaps Legends is thinking people will be surprised and blown away by the 

revealing of the stadium details and will get excited to buy. 

I have read mostly positive reviews of the stadium model and presentation. But I haven’t heard much at all that the presentation is convincing people to buy. 

19 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

he's busy..

image.thumb.png.ed6585aa5a7614c294ef470c8cf7b819.png

• Haha (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I wonder if the secrecy is also part of the sales technique.  Knowing PSLs are going to be a tough sell, perhaps Legends is thinking people will be surprised and blown away by the 

revealing of the stadium details and will get excited to buy. 

I have read mostly positive reviews of the stadium model and presentation. But I haven’t heard much at all that the presentation is convincing people to buy. 

That may be part of it but it seems like there are a few people on here that have already been to their sales appointment and I’ve yet to hear anyone say “you guys just have to see all the new renderings”! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That may be part of it but it seems like there are a few people on here that have already been to their sales appointment and I’ve yet to hear anyone say “you guys just have to see all the new renderings”! 

Right. To my knowledge they haven’t shown anyone any new renderings while at the experience. They get to look at the models they have. And they do the seat locator with the oculus or whatever the hell they are using. From what I’ve been told, they are telling people no pictures. So that makes sense, but I also do see or hear about those people coming out and telling everyone about the amazing experience and how awesome the stadium looks. Etc. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, UConn James said:

👍

IMG_0146.jpeg

Semi-related;

Prohibition (bar/restaurant across the street from the site) throws a complementary BBQ for the construction workers every Thursday. Pretty cool way to say thanks and sell a few extra bottles of Blue at the same time.