Uniform Identity & Changes (What is behind it)

corta765

5 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Maybe a 3rd uniform with a new look but I love our logo and want to see the Bills in that traditional uni forever. 

The problem a lot of teams make is instead of going in moderation like you suggested and just adding a 3rd they rebrand too far and then something creative becomes a long term disaster. I have always liked what the Steelers do with their all black look with just a bit of yellow that is not nearly as traditional but still looks good while unique. 

I think if the Bills could ever figure out a way to subtly add zubaz to a 3rd uni it would be a homerun that sells to the max

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, corta765 said:

The problem a lot of teams make is instead of going in moderation like you suggested and just adding a 3rd they rebrand too far and then something creative becomes a long term disaster. I have always liked what the Steelers do with their all black look with just a bit of yellow that is not nearly as traditional but still looks good while unique. 

I think if the Bills could ever figure out a way to subtly add zubaz to a 3rd uni it would be a homerun that sells to the max

I'd like to see a mock up of that. There must be some clever computer folks that could create a simulacrum.

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd like to see a mock up of that. There must be some clever computer folks that could create a simulacrum.

Listen if you're going to incorporate zubaz, go full zubaz - make them the most obnoxious jerseys ever!!  Well, maybe second to those awful Steelers throwbacks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I also dream of the Bills wearing the 90s uniforms with the Red Helmets. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Listen if you're going to incorporate zubaz, go full zubaz - make them the most obnoxious jerseys ever!!  Well, maybe second to those awful Steelers throwbacks

The bumblebees? No, I think corta765's subtle suggestion might actually work. That's why I'd like to see a mock up. I can easily imagine the loud, so awful some folks find it endearing the way camp scifi is both wretched and weirdly watchable. Nonetheless, I am opposed to that. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The bumblebees? No, I think corta765's subtle suggestion might actually work. That's why I'd like to see a mock up. I can easily imagine the loud, so awful some folks find it endearing the way camp scifi is both wretched and weirdly watchable. Nonetheless, I am opposed to that. 

God no not the bumblebees! lol They have one that is all black bottom and all black top with just yellow stripes and numbers no white. It looks pretty decent, kind of like a batman football team

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I think both the Sabres' and current Bills' uniforms are classic. Teams with good uniforms in the classic mode don't need radical changes. You can make minor alterations over time to keep it fresh, but I prefer that to wholesale changes that cater to contemporary tastes. They almost always fade and what is popular in the moment can look embarrassing down the road. I'm not one of those who hated the Sabres' goathead sweaters, and it makes a nice third jersey, but it is not as good as the classic royal blue and gold. The slug was precisely the kind of thing that the itch for change can produce. The Donahoe era monstrosities were the same on the football side. I personally think the white helmets pop and look much sharper than the red. I understand that some folks have sentimental attachment to the red helmets, but if you believe they are aesthetically superior you're simply wrong -- even though folks say you can't argue tastes. The current helmet is excellent. If they were to go retro, they should go back to the standing buffalo. Yes, it lacks the energy of the logo we stole from Howard University, but it has enduring, understated dignity that will persist a hundred years from now. (I'm in the minority here. That's okay. It's a barbaric age that despises good art and literature, so one must expect the same animosities to thrive in the realm of the sartorial.)

TLDR!

Haha, kidding, have you seen the length of some (most) of my posts?

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

I don’t know the Buffalo Bills would look like the Arena Football Tampa Bay Storm in the early 1990’s wore the exact same Buffalo Bills color zubaz uniforms already for a year I remember. I am good with the current three Buffalo Bills jerseys and uniform colors in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The all blues and reds should only be worn once a year (if they insist) to avoid an uptake in macular degeneration in the WNY area.  The all white's on the road are great although my personal preference is white on white with blue socks.

The Sabres went back to the black goathead jerseys and they were great.  Bills should do the same thing with the 90's unis for at least one game.

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

TLDR!

Haha, kidding, have you seen the length of some (most) of my posts?

Well, I just perused a few to get a sense of your oeuvre. It appears pretty eclectic. I must say my sister owns several peacock and the great Flannery O'Connor did as well. I'll have to ask sister if they are as annoying as you say.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, colin said:

i care much much less about uniforms and such than most here it seems (the color of the collar or how long a stripe continues on the pants or whatever that gets people going, i dont even notice that stuff) -- but the identity of our 2ks drought and that awful awful uniform will forever be etched into my soul.

as long as whatever we trot out in no way shape or form approaches those, i am fully supportive of it.

Yeah those Losman era jerseys were among the worst of all time. 

Here are some I made....

1.  I don't expect these to be popular...it's major color change and thus departure from longstanding tradition.

2.  I am not the first person to ever have the idea of adopting the Wyoming Cowboys color scheme to the Bills....

3.  Again...not a popular opinion...especially as a fan of rival team...but I kind of think dark brown and maize is a better color scheme fit for a "Buffalo" themed team...

4.  Yes, I know...not alot of originality here...both are Wyoming color scheme rip offs...and one of these is a straight up plagerism of the NDSU Bison logo.  

That said...here they are in the following posts

BillsCowboys.png

CowboyBillsWhite.png

BillsNDSUBrown.png

BillsNDSUWhite.png

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2023 at 10:36 PM, LeGOATski said:

Been wanting a total rehaul of the logo and jerseys for a while now. The Bills have had two championship eras coinciding with two different logos/jerseys and it'd be fitting to have an updated look for the new era.

Now that Josh is the new “franchise” I kind of want him to stay in the same uni his whole career…Our current uni’s now represent “The Josh Allen Era…Similar to the old Patriot uni’s representing the Tom Brady Era…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.