What does our O-Line look like now?

DrDawkinstein

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

McGovern was insurance - he isn’t starting after the Torrence pick.  I was never a fan of the signing.  I guess a pass pro upgrade over Saffold.  

But this group needs NASTY and to RUN THE BALL IN THE RED ZONE:

Dawkins - Bates - Morse - Torrence - Brown, but the good version.  

McGovern 

Edwards

Mancz 

Ques 

Doyle

I think Bates moving back to LG will help him and Dion. Morse, Bates and Dion is a pretty good left side of a line. 

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dawkins - McGovern - Morse - Torrence - Brown

Quess    - Boettger    - Bates  - Edwards -  Doyle

That right side could be REAL NASTY if those dudes get their stuff together and develop.

Or does Bates or Edwards have a chance of starting over Torrence, and McGovern plays RG?

Where is Broerker?

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or could they make a more shocking move and cut Morse?

Bills clear $6 million of cap space cutting Morse. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

At this point if I suggested Terry Pegula at right tackle I think you'd be willing to give it a chance if it means less Spencer Brown haha.

Not Terry, but definitely Jessica Pegula, much higher level of athleticism. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I think that the price for Taylor Lewan might be within reach now that the draft has settled.  I've read (can't verify) that the Dolphins have interest.

I'd rather see Lewan as our Right Tackle next to O'Cyrus Torrence.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/taylor-lewan-claims-miami-dolphins-have-called-him

Absolutely NOT

EGSmyUIWwAETiDl.jpg

EGSmy_QW4AIbpz5.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Absolutely NOT

EGSmyUIWwAETiDl.jpg

EGSmy_QW4AIbpz5.jpg

LOL!!

Sorry I just watch the games, and don't follow any drama.  Didn't know that.  That's hilarious.

Without all that "noise", I'd say Lewan would have been a good RT for us.

Ah well.

Maybe Brandon Shell (any drama there?).  :)

From March:  https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/20/buffalo-bills-interest-brandon-shell/

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I think that the price for Taylor Lewan might be within reach now that the draft has settled.  I've read (can't verify) that the Dolphins have interest.

I'd rather see Lewan as our Right Tackle next to O'Cyrus Torrence.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/taylor-lewan-claims-miami-dolphins-have-called-him

Lewan is broken

6 hours ago, chongli said:

No way Torrence is cut or traded.

Absolutely!! 

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bates can play OT. Doyle was awful before the knee. He is done. Bates is the perfect utility tool. In a perfect world Torrence starts at RG and McGovern is good enough to beat out Bates at LG. Then you get one more year out of Morse and Bates is your starting C in 2024. 

Unfortunately at this point it is Brown or bust at RT. 

The run on quality OTs hurt the Bills options. 

Next year they may need to draft two OTs if Dawkins regressed further and Brown doesn't get better.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wait...you think they might cut or trade O'Cyrus who we just took in the 2nd round?  He was one of your bolded players you mentioned.

Absolutely!

Easy when posting that the words don't reflect what the mind is thinking.  I highlighted the 6 just to say we have 6 interior lineman and typically only five are kept so one is likely gone off 53.  thee consecutive thoughts, all bundled into ole bolded text. 

Doubt anyone goes anywhere till the end of August just in case a bad long term injury

Of the 6, McGovern and Torrance are the two locks to stay.

IMO Ike B is the easiest to cut and bring back on PS

Bates would likely want to be kept for his versatility, but he also may bring the most back in trade value.

If thinking about the future, then Morse is best to let go as likely with the others all being younger, this is probably Morse last year so rather than risk losing one of the others now and then Morse in another year, let him go now.  As someone else stated, cutting bates saves $6 mil.  Ideally trade him, but unlikely anyone would take on that contract.

Once you get beyond the two locks Edwards has the least history with the team so unless he impresses in camp, he could become the easiest to cut

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Bills OLine looks terrific after the draft! What was a weakness could be a strength. Good thing too because Chiefs and Bengals massively upgraded their DLine. Can’t wait until the games start!

the interior is greatly upgraded. LT Dawkins remains above average and RT Spencer Brown remains a huge ? and too often a liability in pass blocking

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Yantha said:

LOL!!

Sorry I just watch the games, and don't follow any drama.  Didn't know that.  That's hilarious.

Without all that "noise", I'd say Lewan would have been a good RT for us.

Ah well.

From March:  https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/20/buffalo-bills-interest-brandon-shell/

haha, that was right after the Bills played down there in 2019. We won a tough fought game. Lawson and Phillips were jawing HARD and all over Lewan. Both had a really good game, I think Phillips had 3 sacks, and then baited Lewan into a bad penalty at the end that killed their drive. Good times. Love those guys.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.