Where will DJ Fluker land (if anywhere)?

Yantha

I can't stop thinking about the amazing transformation of DJ Fluker at the Alabama pro day.  AMAZING.  Regardless if you like the guy or not as a prospect, you have to give him credit for his determination and absolute success to a CRAZY level for what he was able to accomplish as a player and as a person.  I'm going to outline why I think the Bills should take a serious look, and even SURPRISE the league (especially us fans) but signing him on an incentive-based contract.  Start him at RT or slide him to RG, let that man compete.  I personally envision him as a mauling RG, more than a RT.  Some might say he's not built for it.  I'll show some comparisons below to help dispel those UNDERSTANDABLE (if kneejerk.....) reaction.  :)

Here's a clip of that transformation (in case you missed it) (more below)

As a starting point, I think that a good place to look, is at Isaac Seumalo, the ex-Eagle who was by all accounts the most coveted OG on the FA market this offseason.  Here are his measurables.

Seumalo

Height: 6'4''

Weight: 305 pounds

Arm Length: 33''

Hand Size: 10''

Fluker (compared to Seumalo)

Measurables

Height: 6'5'' (+1 inch)

Weight: 330 pounds (+15 lbs)

Arm Length: 36 1/4'' (+3 1/4")

Hand Size: 10.5'' (+0.5")

I understand there's the whole leverage thing, but leverage is mainly created by pad level, and we're talking about ONE inch...   Yes the arm length is 3 inches longer, but the man is a steam roller.  Very strong, so I think if he locks on?  YOU.       ARE.     TOAST.

I'm just going to put my hand up high and say "Hey Beane!  Look over here!"

I bet those vitamins are awesome, 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

My guess is there is a good chance nobody even signs him and he tries out for a spring league next season.

If he does get an NFL camp look..........I bet he just gets hurt pretty quickly and that's it.

You don't just walk away from playing pro football for a couple years and come back in your 30's because you worked out a lot.

I hope for his sake he is the exception.........always felt bad for him getting bullied and physically abused by his girlfriend.  Dude is a true gentle giant.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

He’s already been busted for roids before. He’s never looked close to this before. 

He's a McD character type guy. Get it done Beane!

This team need to add some nastiness. The clapping, smiling, skipping, and good guy attitude falls short year after year. 

Look at how Cinci blew the team out of the water. Remember, what the Chiefs did in 13 seconds? A nasty, aggressive, and perhaps dirty player would have ripped the gonads off of Kelce at the line. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:22 AM, Yantha said:

As a starting point, I think that a good place to look, is at Isaac Seumalo, the ex-Eagle who was by all accounts the most coveted OG on the FA market this offseason.  Here are his measurables.

Seumalo

Height: 6'4''

Weight: 305 pounds

Arm Length: 33''

Hand Size: 10''

Fluker (compared to Seumalo)

Measurables

Height: 6'5'' (+1 inch)

Weight: 330 pounds (+15 lbs)

Arm Length: 36 1/4'' (+3 1/4")

Hand Size: 10.5'' (+0.5")

I understand there's the whole leverage thing, but leverage is mainly created by pad level, and we're talking about ONE inch...   Yes the arm length is 3 inches longer, but the man is a steam roller.  Very strong, so I think if he locks on?  YOU.       ARE.     TOAST.

I'm just going to put my hand up high and say "Hey Beane!  Look over here!"

Seumalo is 29 and coming off a terrific season.

Fluker is 32 and coming off a season where he completely disappeared, and one before that where he was cut from I believe three practice squads. That's two years off (not three as several said above). 

Wouldn't mind taking a flier on him at vet min. Anything beyond that, though, and no thanks.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Seumalo is 29 and coming off a terrific season.

Fluker is 32 and coming off a season where he completely disappeared, and one before that where he was cut from I believe three practice squads. That's two years off (not three as several said above). 

Wouldn't mind taking a flier on him at vet min. Anything beyond that, though, and no thanks.

Yep.  I agree.  I think something close to a vet min, but incentive based.  It would become more if he plays a full season, and starts all games.

On 4/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

My guess is there is a good chance nobody even signs him and he tries out for a spring league next season.

If he does get an NFL camp look..........I bet he just gets hurt pretty quickly and that's it.

You don't just walk away from playing pro football for a couple years and come back in your 30's because you worked out a lot.

I hope for his sake he is the exception.........always felt bad for him getting bullied and physically abused by his girlfriend.  Dude is a true gentle giant.

A buddy of mines cousin was drafted in the 5th rd a few years back by the Rams.  6'5" 300lb OG forgot his college.

He did not make through training camp because he was too nice of a guy and did not have that mean streak to compete at the nfl level. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.