Will the Bills make a draft selection in the first round?

WickedGame

Will the Bills make a draft selection in the first round?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills make a draft selection in the first round?

• Yes, of course.
    • No, they’ll trade back to round 2.
    • No, they’ll trade their 1st round pick (and maybe more) for a current NFL player.

On 4/23/2023 at 7:09 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  why would any team want to trade up with us for 2nd round talent?

I'd say there's a scenario where a team that has "their guy" in the 2nd round might be willing to trade into a late first round if they're worried that guy won't be available when they pick in the 2nd. Not likely, but possible. 

On 4/23/2023 at 6:56 PM, hondo in seattle said:

It's a good point.  But all we need is one team to love a guy at 27.

But I'm not entirely convinced Beane wants to trade back nor am I convinced that he'll find a dance partner even if he does.  It'll be an interesting evening. 

I remember the year Buddy picked CJ Spiller.  He practically went announced his intentions to the world before the draft.  The pick was no surprise.  Beane hasn't been dropping meaningful hints and nothing he does this year will surprise me.  

Outside the year he took Allen Beane doesn’t give much away.  He does seem to value Senior Bowl participants and uses his 30 visits for players he would draft as opposed to smokescreens.

I agree there’s no telling what direction he’ll go or position he’ll take.   That’s a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

Talk about obfuscation...

“If I was in Vegas right now putting money down I would say if we were going to do anything, it’d be more likely to go back than go up,” Beane said. “But listen, you’re talking to a guy who gets antsy at times and goes up and gets guys. So Vegas probably would still go against what I just suggested would happen.”

www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2023/04/nfl-draft-analyst-predicts-buffalo-bills-to-make-big-splash-by-moving-up-in-draft.html

• Like (+1) 1

I def don’t think we’re staying put at 27, even if it’s only to go up one spot. Beane is pretty honest for what he does tell us. Simply put like last year I don’t think he’s going to have a first round grade on anyone at 27 unless someone falls

Edited by BillsSbSoon

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Talk about obfuscation...

“If I was in Vegas right now putting money down I would say if we were going to do anything, it’d be more likely to go back than go up,” Beane said. “But listen, you’re talking to a guy who gets antsy at times and goes up and gets guys. So Vegas probably would still go against what I just suggested would happen.”

Ah, the old "Double Reverse Psychology" ploy.

On 4/23/2023 at 4:26 AM, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure "yes, of course" sums up my view. It is "yes" but not sure it is "of course." I think they probably will pick in round 1. But I am not sure it is a slam dunk. 

Given that consensus view is that this is a weak class, I can't see who would be willing to give up future draft capital to move back up into the late first round.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Given that consensus view is that this is a weak class, I can't see who would be willing to give up future draft capital to move back up into the late first round.

I think it would have to involve a qb, maybe Hendon Hooker?

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/22/2023 at 9:07 PM, chongli said:

Agreed. There are very few first-round grades in this draft. Unlikely any team is going to want to trade.

Who knows, they might get lucky.  If a team picks mid first & mid second and has their eyes on another player projected to go late first round/early second round and they don't see him falling to the mid second, they might be willing to trade up.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.