Patricia to the Eagles…Defensive Assistant

NoHuddleKelly12

Did a cursory search and didn’t see this covered yet—Matt Patricia unsurprisingly gets a new job but back on the defensive side of the ball after falling flat with McCorkle. Will be a “senior defensive assistant” for the Eagles. Sorry to see you leave the East again, just when you were figuring things out on offense! 😉

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/20/eagles-make-matt-patricias-hiring-official/

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The only thing I know about Patricia is that he went to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy NY, near Albany, which also happens to be my father’s Alma Mater. It’s an engineering school and I’m not sure they even have a football team. 😳

They actually do have a team.   I have seen them play vs the University of Rochester  another school you would question if they have a football team.   It’s barely a step up from most HS programs and infuriating to watch as a spectator 

• Haha (+1) 2

I think it’s safe to say Hoodie’s hubris caused this outcome for the Pats—but MP should never have taken the partial OC gig to begin with imho—unless he didn’t care about his reputation and just wanted to cash a few more checks while looking out for the next gig—mission accomplished I guess? 🤷🏼‍♂️

28 minutes ago, taglientep said:

They actually do have a team.   I have seen them play vs the University of Rochester  another school you would question if they have a football team.   It’s barely a step up from most HS programs and infuriating to watch as a spectator 

It's D 3 football.  What are you expecting?  Most of these kids go on to academic or medical or engineering careers, not the entertainment industry.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I think it’s safe to say Hoodie’s hubris caused this outcome for the Pats—but MP should never have taken the partial OC gig to begin with imho—unless he didn’t care about his reputation and just wanted to cash a few more checks while looking out for the next gig—mission accomplished I guess? 🤷🏼‍♂️

blind faith in commandant?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The only thing I know about Patricia is that he went to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy NY, near Albany, which also happens to be my father’s Alma Mater. It’s an engineering school and I’m not sure they even have a football team. 😳

He also is a rocket scientist.  Imagine if the Bills had one of those on their staff!  The heights the team could reach.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, taglientep said:

Let's not forget that our very own coach Brian Daboll, now head coach of the New York Giants, hailed from the University of Rochester. 

Just say'n...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Let's not forget that our very own coach Brian Daboll, now head coach of the New York Giants, hailed from the University of Rochester. 

Just say'n...

Yes he did.   Been hoping to see him at a game when he was here but never did 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's D 3 football.  What are you expecting?  Most of these kids go on to academic or medical or engineering careers, not the entertainment industry.

Exactly.  My joke at the games (my wife is an alum and we go do a lot of the alumni stuff), is when a player gets injured, who starts treatment first the trainers or the 10 other guys who are pre-meds :) 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.