Dane Bruglers 7 round mock draft

NewEra

Most interesting element is he, like me, has heard that if Young has gone the Texans are not locked into a QB at #2. Then today Young declines any further visits after the top 2. If Young is not #1 he is #2. If he is gone at #2 all bets are off. Houtson really screwed themselves week 18. They love 1 QB in this draft - Bryce Young - and he is likely gone when they pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Boy, Sanders is raw at LB having played 1 season there.  I think those that like him are emphasizing his pass rush skills which are probably not going to be used much if the Bills play D as they have been recently.  Now, if they want him and will use him to blitz, then I defer to their expertise.  If they want an Edmunds replacement mostly for pass defense and sideline to sideline run D, I think I prefer Trenton Simpson.  In the games I watched, he looks like a super-fluid and fast athlete with really good size, but while he has physical skills to be great in coverage, he is not there right now.  I think Campbell is most ready to play immediately in Bills’ D, but Simpson has more upside and Sanders brings good pass rush skills.

Cedric Tillman at end of round 2 - position of need, good size and hands, good competitiveness.  I would not hate it.  

Schoonmaker at end of round 3 would be nice.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Boy, Sanders is raw at LB having played 1 season there.  I think those that like him are emphasizing his pass rush skills which are probably not going to be used much if the Bills play D as they have been recently.  Now, if they want him and will use him to blitz, then I defer to their expertise.  If they want an Edmunds replacement mostly for pass defense and sideline to sideline run D, I think I prefer Trenton Simpson.  In the games I watched, he looks like a super-fluid and fast athlete with really good size, but while he has physical skills to be great in coverage, he is not there right now.  I think Campbell is most ready to play immediately in Bills’ D, but Simpson has more upside and Sanders brings good pass rush skills.

Cedric Tillman at end of round 2 - position of need, good size and hands, good competitiveness.  I would not hate it.  

If they are going lb, Trenton Simpson is the best fit, but I hope they don't go lb at 27. 

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Yea I prefer Simpson but the top 3 picks I could live with. Would be a B- type draft for me. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Most interesting element is he, like me, has heard that if Young has gone the Texans are not locked into a QB at #2. Then today Young declines any further visits after the top 2. If Young is not #1 he is #2. If he is gone at #2 all bets are off. Houtson really screwed themselves week 18. They love 1 QB in this draft - Bryce Young - and he is likely gone when they pick.

They’re better off waiting til next year imi 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

https://theathletic.com/4413880/2023/04/17/nfl-7-rounds-mock-draft-2023/?source=user_shared_article

27. Buffalo Bills: Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas

With his traits and ability to rush the passer, Sanders has the ingredients of a first-round pick. Buffalo isn’t in a position where it has to replace Tremaine Edmundshere, but the chance to add a talent like Sanders on defense would have to be appealing. 🤮 

59-  Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennesee 👍🏻 

91-  Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan 👍🏻 

130-  Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma 🤮 (love that it’s an OT.  Hate the OT)

137 (thanks Cody Ford)-  KJ Henry, Edge, Clemson 👍🏻 

205- Brandon Hill, S, Pittsburgh 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Anyone watch much Morris or Hill?  What I’ve seen of Morris, I wouldn’t touch him.  Maybe the money will motivate him.  Hill would fit right in with Dane and Damar, but I haven’t seen him play at all. 

I’d be very happy with Tillman in rd 2 and schoonmaker in rd 3 if we bypass offense in rd 1.  

Sanders- if we go LB rd 1, I hope it’s Simpson, but I’d 🤮 either way.  

A draft like that would make Joe Straight-Laces Marino happy. 

7 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Can’t say it much better than that my man

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

For whatever reason NFL.com gave Sanders the the ninth highest grade in the draft 

image.thumb.png.8858ae6bd84965cf413271ea4ae3fa77.png

I like Sanders a fair bit, but no way he is the 9th best prospect in the class. I also just generally think NFL.com grades are always a bit wacky. And I am not sure how much they benchmark year to year. Because when I look at the grades from last year basically only Evan Neal cracks this year's top 5. Which to me is madness (and I didn't like Neal particularly in any event). I told everyone who would listen that Charles Cross was the best tackle in that class.

When your grading system says Drew Sanders and Sauce Gardner are the same level of prospect it is time to change your grading system. 

I just think it is a composite ranking mainly Lance Zierlein and Chad Reuter but think one or two others too and the same guy doesn't do each player so the subjectivity and inconsistency throw things off a bit. I basically ignore their grading. I don't always agree with their scouting reports either but there you are. It's the NFL website so it carries a certain kudos even though there are multiple sites that cover the draft better.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

we heard this about Edmunds for 5 years.  now he's gone.

why repeat this scenario?

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

we heard this about Edmunds for 5 years.  now he's gone.

why repeat this scenario?

Last year, 29 teams passed more than they ran.  10 teams passed >60% of the time and several more were very close to passing 60% of the time.

I hate watching bad run defense, but the league is now more of a passing league and if you have to prioritize how you pick defenders, it seems smart to prioritize pass defense skills over run defense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Sanders a fair bit, but no way he is the 9th best prospect in the class. I also just generally think NFL.com grades are always a bit wacky. And I am not sure how much they benchmark year to year. Because when I look at the grades from last year basically only Evan Neal cracks this year's top 5. Which to me is madness (and I didn't like Neal particularly in any event). I told everyone who would listen that Charles Cross was the best tackle in that class.

When your grading system says Drew Sanders and Sauce Gardner are the same level of prospect it is time to change your grading system. 

I just think it is a composite ranking mainly Lance Zierlein and Chad Reuter but think one or two others too and the same guy doesn't do each player so the subjectivity and inconsistency throw things off a bit. I basically ignore their grading. I don't always agree with their scouting reports either but there you are. It's the NFL website so it carries a certain kudos even though there are multiple sites that cover the draft better.

Not sure they just throw it together.  I read recently (can't find the article) that the NFL.com grades actually correlate the best among prognasticators in predicting actual NFL success. (Always outliers in any system, and Sanders could be an outlier).  Here is a graphic they have of the model

ERvR5vBU0AARp7d?format=jpg&name=large

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.