Dane Bruglers 7 round mock draft

NewEra

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Not sure they just throw it together.  I read recently (can't find the article) that the NFL.com grades actually correlate the best among prognasticators in predicting actual NFL success. (Always outliers in any system, and Sanders could be an outlier).  Here is a graphic they have of the model

ERvR5vBU0AARp7d?format=jpg&name=large

That is the model for the Next Gen stats prognostic. That isn't the grade. Their grades are still based on tape evaluation as I understand it. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Because its the NFL in 2023, your linebackers have to be able to cover. 

56 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Last year, 29 teams passed more than they ran.  10 teams passed >60% of the time and several more were very close to passing 60% of the time.

I hate watching bad run defense, but the league is now more of a passing league and if you have to prioritize how you pick defenders, it seems smart to prioritize pass defense skills over run defense.

I get that.  But this guy seems to grade out as a pass rusher, not as a guy who drops back in coverage. 

My point was that these same things were said about Edmunds (athletic, "rangy"), yet the debate raged for 5 years as to whether he was that good (ultimately, Bills decided he was not worth his market rate).

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I get that.  But this guy seems to grade out as a pass rusher, not as a guy who drops back in coverage. 

My point was that these same things were said about Edmunds (athletic, "rangy"), yet the debate raged for 5 years as to whether he was that good (ultimately, Bills decided he was not worth his market rate).

I don’t know if I agree completely with the bolded part.  I think they would have paid him, if they could have fit it under the cap without having to shed a lot of salary elsewhere.  You may be right that MLB isn’t the position to spend that high of draft picks on, but the MLB is part of the mid-field pass defense.  I strongly believe that Edmunds’ positive impact wasn’t really understood by many fans.  I believe that in addition to the plays he made, he also deterred teams from even trying to pass over the middle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was an edge rusher until last season. Is it fair that he is a "work in progress" as an off the ball coverage linebacker? Yep. But has he already shown some potential at the spot? Yep. The question of "how much of a project are you willing to take on?" is a fair one. The question of is he worth a first round pick, is even more fair. But why do you lean towards someone with the potential to be a rangey sideline to sideline coverage backer? Because ultimately that is the way the league is going. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is the model for the Next Gen stats prognostic. That isn't the grade. Their grades are still based on tape evaluation as I understand it. 

I guess that is a different thing. Sanders gets the same grade as these prospects, using that metric. 

image.thumb.png.96cc2f54ff033a6f0b295af36f914cc9.png

Edited by Chaos

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t know if I agree completely with the bolded part.  I think they would have paid him, if they could have fit it under the cap without having to shed a lot of salary elsewhere.  You may be right that MLB isn’t the position to spend that high of draft picks on, but the MLB is part of the mid-field pass defense.  I strongly believe that Edmunds’ positive impact wasn’t really understood by many fans.  I believe that in addition to the plays he made, he also deterred teams from even trying to pass over the middle.

That may be true, but the Bills certainly understood his impact---yet they chose not to re-sign him in his 4th year, when he would have likely come cheaper.  That was the writing on the wall---who doesn't lock up a stud 1st round impact player in his 4th year at the latest?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He was an edge rusher until last season. Is it fair that he is a "work in progress" as an off the ball coverage linebacker? Yep. But has he already shown some potential at the spot? Yep. The question of "how much of a project are you willing to take on?" is a fair one. The question of is he worth a first round pick, is even more fair. But why do you lean towards someone with the potential to be a rangey sideline to sideline coverage backer? Because ultimately that is the way the league is going. 

That is the question.  The Bills have spent a decent amount of higher picks on Defensive projects. This has resulted in them still  having to toss 1 year contracts at a bunch of aging vets/former Bills. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.