New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With much respect. The nuances of various regions are sometimes difficult to comprehend. There’s a significant difference between the east and west bay side. I’m sure it doesn’t seem like much from WNY, but do not try and tell somebody from the Bay Area that they’re the same. 

And as you correctly pointed out, the A’s and Raiders will now have both moved out of State, not just out of the metro area. Further still, if memory serves, the San Jose Sharks are NOT the old California Seals. I believe they are a totally new franchise.

The Seals are not the Sharks no. The Seals ended their existence in Cleveland, which is doubly depressing.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With much respect. The nuances of various regions are sometimes difficult to comprehend. There’s a significant difference between the east and west bay side. I’m sure it doesn’t seem like much from WNY, but do not try and tell somebody from the Bay Area that they’re the same. 

And as you correctly pointed out, the A’s and Raiders will now have both moved out of State, not just out of the metro area. Further still, if memory serves, the San Jose Sharks are NOT the old California Seals. I believe they are a totally new franchise.

I haven't equated even once SF and Oakland as cities, so there's no juice for you there.

I've simply said that the Warriors are a regional team , not Oakland's team, and they moved to the to the side of the bridge.   Oakland natives can go watch "their" team there.  They didn't lose an NBA team.

As for the Sharks, they'll do.  The Golden Seals folded 50 years ago because no one in Oakland would watch  a professional hockey game.  Now, if they like, they can head to San Jose to watch the regions NHL team.

As for the Shark Seals connection, the Seals owner moved them to Cleveland to become the Barons.  The Barons merged with the Minn North Stars. The same guy owned this conglomerated team and asked the NHL to move back to the Bay Area, this was denied.  He ultimately sold his share of the North Stars and got awarded an expansion team to....San Jose.  So there's that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I haven't equated even once SF and Oakland as cities, so there's no juice for you there.

I've simply said that the Warriors are a regional team , not Oakland's team, and they moved to the to the side of the bridge.   Oakland natives can go watch "their" team there.  They didn't lose an NBA team.

As for the Sharks, they'll do.  The Golden Seals folded 50 years ago because no one in Oakland would watch  a professional hockey game.  Now, if they like, they can head to San Jose to watch the regions NHL team.

As for the Shark Seals connection, the Seals owner moved them to Cleveland to become the Barons.  The Barons merged with the Minn North Stars. The same guy owned this conglomerated team and asked the NHL to move back to the Bay Area, this was denied.  He ultimately sold his share of the North Stars and got awarded an expansion team to....San Jose.  So there's that.

I have to hand it to you. You REALLY like to argue a simple point to death. Sheeesh

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

As I said, just making corrections.

So you’re saying it’s not true that Oakland used to have four teams playing in Oakland and soon there will be none? I’ll let my Oakland office know….I’m sure they’ll be surprised. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you’re saying it’s not true that Oakland used to have four teams playing in Oakland and soon there will be none? I’ll let my Oakland office know….I’m sure they’ll be surprised. 😉

They haven't lost the Warriors--any more than SF lost the 49rs.  They were never the Oakland Warriors (but they were the SF Warriors).  

They lost the Raiders (twice) and now the A's. 

Remind the Oakland office of these facts. 

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Classic Weo.  Just endless arguing. 

Takes 2

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Weo….we’ve now established that you’re not from California. Oakland and San Francisco are most definitely not the same place. This is a significant blow to what was once a second tier major league city. 

I don’t know about that if it is a significant blow anymore today the Oakland Athletics and Oakland Raiders fans can catch there team in San Francisco when they play the Giants and 49ers. I can watch the Buffalo Braves in both Toronto and Cleveland. Golden State Warriors is over the Golden Gate Bridge. This was all political and business leaders wanting something else for Oakland with the land that the Oakland Athletics desired to build there ballpark. Just like the Buffalo Braves we fans had zero to do with the decision. The people in positions of power just tell us what they think is good for us. Again Oakland Athletics fans still can root for the Las Vegas Athletics if they choose too.

15 hours ago, Gregg said:

They will need a roof. Could you imagine playing baseball especially in June, July, and August outside in Vegas. Nothing like running around in 120-degree weather.

When I lived there from 04-06 we set a record one summer of straight days over 110 degrees and straight days over 115 degrees. I think it was like 30 something days of 110+ and like 15ish days of 115+. Pretty crazy. I remember looking like a well done Applebees steak. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So what do we know about the new stadium except for some giant Buffalo’s outside of the stadium, a canopy over the cheap seats, and some dumb “freeze baby” flags(please tell me these never make the final cut?).     

When do we get a virtual tour?

I was told the reps from Legends should be contacting season tix holders by the spring/summer and you should be able to start your virtual process around that time in the Tony Walker center. As far as publicly I have no clue what they plan. 

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

I was told the reps from Legends should be contacting season tix holders by the spring/summer and you should be able to start your virtual process around that time in the Tony Walker center. As far as publicly I have no clue what they plan. 

Is it like finishing a house? Do you get to pick your own dome? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.