TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

With the 17th pick of the 2023 Virgil Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Broderick Jones, Offensive Tackle, from the National Champion Georgia Bulldogs. 

I went into this process with a list of six guys I would absolutely stand pat and select at #17. Jones was #2 on that list. We saw some promise in Kenny Pickett as a rookie but in order to evaluate him properly he needs protection and our tackle play in particular was brutal in 2022. Jones fits nicely in our scheme and lets us flip Dan Moore to the right side where he might be serviceable. Jones might be raw but the potential here is huge.

@mannc and the knee biting Detroit Lions are now on the clock.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

With the 17th pick of the 2023 Virgil Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

I went into this process with a list of six guys I would absolutely stand pat and select at #17. Jones was #2 on that list. We saw some promise in Kenny Pickett as a rookie but in order to evaluate him properly he needs protection and our tackle play in particular was brutal in 2022. Jones fits nicely in our scheme and lets us flip Dan Moore to the right side where he might be serviceable. He might be raw but the potential here is huge.

Now go to bed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (mannc) are on the clock!!!
2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Mr. Bean and Gordon Ramsay (though he is Scottish?). I’ve been to his steakhouse in Atlantic City, so that’s something maybe? Best steak i’ve had. And that sticky toffee pudding? Oh man. 

Scottish is still British. For now at least. Pending a second referendum. Although Ramsey has lived in London and the US so long now he doesn't sound at all Scottish. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Mr. Bean and Gordon Ramsay (though he is Scottish?). I’ve been to his steakhouse in Atlantic City, so that’s something maybe? Best steak i’ve had. And that sticky toffee pudding? Oh man. 

My wife and I are dying to try his stick toffee pudding, looks incredible!  We are fans of his too as we like a lot of cooking shows as I love to cook and she loves to bake.  He actually has a lot of good content on YouTube and Masterclass too.  

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I went into this process with a list of six guys I would absolutely stand pat and select at #17. Jones was #2 on that list. We saw some promise in Kenny Pickett as a rookie but in order to evaluate him properly he needs protection and our tackle play in particular was brutal in 2022. Jones fits nicely in our scheme and lets us flip Dan Moore to the right side where he might be serviceable. Jones might be raw but the potential here is huge.

I had him penciled in for your pick, and I think he has a good chance to land there too if he is on the board at 17.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, Virgil said:

Hi Everyone, it's that time of year again. 

Welcome to the Stadium Wall Mock Draft 1.0 with full trades.  This mock will consist of 3 rounds.   For those new to the party, TSW members volunteer to operate a team as the GM, with full authority to make trades and player selections.  Please read the below rules and formatting. 

If you are interested in being a GM, please:

-Have at least 6 months tenure on this forum

-Have at least 200 posts

-Reply to this thread with the 3 teams, ranked in order of which you are willing to operate (Failure to list 3 could cause someone to take your spot)

Rules:

-Mock Draft 1.0 will have trades (2.0 will have no trades)

-All trades must be approved by me.  Create a DM with me, yourself, and the team you are trading with. 

-All trades must follow the draft value chart HERE

-Current NFL Players can be traded, but only players known to be on the trade block (Hopkins, Lamar, etc)

--Anyone who takes the Jets or Packers are expected to make a trade for Rodgers.  I've never mandated something like this before, but we all know it's going to happen)

-The Draft will start within at the start of business day after we have all of our owners

-Each owner has 4 hours to make their selection. (Draft hours are 8a-10p est.  If your 4 hours goes beyond that time, you have one hour to make your selection starting at 8a the next day)

-Each selection must have an explanation, discussing the thought process behind the pick.

-The Buffalo Bills selection will be made by a Poll from all site members. 

-There will be 3 rounds for 1.0

-If your team has multiple first round picks, you are responsible for all of the picks (if your team has back to back picks, you only get 4 hours for both picks)

Format:

With the 25th selection, the Buffalo Bill select Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Reason:  Because he wake up every day and chooses violence

The Ravens @Virgil is on the clock

Draft Order

Round 1

1 - Panthers (3000) - Kirby Jackson - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio St

2 - Texans (2600) - wppete - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

3 - Cardinals (2200) - Doc Brown - Will Anderson Jr, DE, Alabama

4 - Colts (1800) - CNYfan - Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

5 - Seahawks (1700) - section122 - Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia

6 - Lions (1600) - mannc - Devon Witherspoon, DB, Illinois

7 - Raiders (1500) - HappyDays - Christian Gonzalez, DB, Oregon

8 - Falcons(1400) - RyanC883 - Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech

9 - Bears (1350) - MrEpsYtown - Paris Johnson Jr, OT, Ohio St

10 - Eagles (1300) - Big Blitz - Brian Branch, S, Alabama

11 - Titans (1250) - Alphadawg7 - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

12 - Texans (1200) - wppete - Peter Skoronski, OT, North Western

13 - Jets (1150) - NewEra - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Ohio St

14 - Patriots (1100) - inaugural balls *Trade* Ravens - NeverOutNick *Trade* Bengals - aristocrat - Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU

15 - Packers (1050) - bkep32 - Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

16 - Commanders (1000) - Alphadawg7 *Traded* Seahawks - section122 - Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

17 - Steelers (950) - GunnerBill - Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

18 - Lions (900) - mannc

19 - Bucs (875) - Yantha

20 - Seahawks (850) - section122 *Traded* Commanders - Alphadawg7 - 

21 - Chargers (800) - Chargers

22 - Ravens (780) - NeverOutNick

23 - Vikings (760) - BigdaddyinOrlando

24 - Jaguars (740) - LEBills

25 - Giants (720) - Chaos

26 - Cowboys (700) - Might Rather

27 - Bills (680) - TSW Poll

28 - Bengals (660) - aristocrat *Trade* Ravens - NeverOutNick - 

29 - Saints (640) - frostbitmic

30 - Eagles (620) - Big Blitz

31 - Chiefs (600) - Zerovoltz

Round 2

32 - Steelers (590) - GunnerBill

33 - Texans (580) - wppete

34 - Cardinals (560) - Doc Brown

35 - Colts (550) - CNYfan

36 - Rams (540) - NewEra

37 - Seahawks (530) - section122

38 - Raiders (520) - HappyDays

39 - Panthers (510) - Kirby Jackson

40 - Saints (500) - frostbitmic

41 - Titans (490) - Alphadawg7

42 - Jets (480) - NewEra

43 - Jets (470) *Trade* Packers - bkep32 - 

44 - Falcons (460) - RyanC883

45 - Packers (450) - bkep32

46 - Patriots (440) - inaugural balls

47 - Commanders (430) - Alphadawg7

48 - Lions (420) - mannc

49 - Steelers (410) - GunnerBill

50 - Bucs (400) - Yantha

51 - Dolphins (390) - TBBills Fan

52 - Seahawks (380) - section122

53 - Bears (370) - MrEpsYtown *Trade* Titans - Alphadawg7

54 - Chargers (360) - CNYfan

55 - Lions (350) - mannc

56 - Jaguars (340) - LEBills

57 - Giants (330) - Chaos

58 - Cowboys (320) - Might Rather

59 - Bills (310) - TSW Poll

60 - Bengals (300) - aristocrat

61 - Bears (290) - MrEpsYtown

62 - Eagles (284) - Big Blitz

63 - Chiefs (276) - Zerovoltz

Round 3

64 - Bears (270) - MrEpsYtown

65 - Texans (265) - wppete

66 - Cardinals (260) - Doc Brown

67 - Broncos (255) - Motorin'

68 - Broncos (250) - Motorin'

69 - Rams (245) - NewEra

70 - Raiders (240) - HappyDays

71 - Saints (235) - frostbitmic

72 - Titans (230) - Alphadawg7

73 - Texans (225) - wppete

74 - Browns (220) - BarelyNY

75 - Falcons (215) - RyanC883

76 - Patriots (210) - inaugural balls *Trade* - Ravens - NeverOutNick - 

77 - Rams (205) - NewEra

78 - Packers (200) - bkep32

79 - Colts (195) - CNYfan

80 - Steelers (190) - GunnerBill

81 - Lions (185) - mannc

82 - Bucs (180) - Yantha

83 - Seahawks (175) - section122 *Traded* Commanders - Alphadawg7 - 

84 - Dolphins (170) - TBBills Fan

85 - Chargers (165) - CNYfan

86 - Ravens (160) - NeverOutNick

87 - Vikings (155) - BigdaddyinOrlando

88 - Jaguars (150) - LEBills

89 - Giants (145) - Chaos

90 - Cowboys (140) - Might Rather

91 - Bills (136) - TSW Poll

92 - Bengals (132) - aristocrat *Trade* Ravens - NeverOutNick - 

93 - Panthers (128) - Kirby Jackson

94 - Eagles  (124) - Big Blitz

95 - Chiefs (120) - Zerovoltz

96 - Cardinals (116) - Doc Brown

97 - Commanders (112) - Alphadawg7

98 - Browns (108) - BarelyNY

99 - 49ers (104) - Sherlock Holmes

100 - Raiders (100) - HappyDays

101 - 49ers (96) - Sherlock Holmes

102 - 49ers (92) *Trade* - Saints - frostbitmic - 

Trades

Packers Trade Aaron Rodgers to Jets for Corey Davis and Pick #43

49ers Trade Aiyuk and pick #102 to Saints for Taysum Hill

Patriots trade Jones, pick #14 and #76 to Ravens for Jackson

Titans trade Henry to the Bears for pick #53

Bengals trade Higgins, #28 pick and 92 pick to Ravens for #14th pick

Commanders trade the 16th pick in the draft in exchange for the Seahawks 20th and 83rd picks.  

Virg, if I sent this to your boss, you’d be in hot water.  This must have taken you like two days to complete.

You know I luv ya bud, so thanks.

• Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm surprised people are assuming Seattle will go QB.  I think they will ride with Geno for a few years, but I guess it's never too early to plan for the future

I wasn't going to unless one of the top 3 were available at 5.  Once they were I moved on from the idea and grabbed carter. 

I thought newera had 9 and tried to make a trade up for 20 and 37 to grab Tyree Wilson but he went at 8.  

When Levis got close to my pick I liked the value much more than at 5.  Being able to move up for a 3rd still gives me 4 picks in the top 2 rounds.  Can still build the team up and take this flyer even if I don't love Levis as a prospect.  Besides Geno could revert to being Geno at any time! Lol

• Like (+1) 1

With the 18th selection in TBD Mock Draft….the 3 time, and current Super Bowl champion, Kansas City Chiefs, select…….

Calijah Kancey, DL, Pitt

RATIONALE for pick

I don’t like any of the remaining OT, and feel like we can get a quality WR and edges later.  Cancey is an absolute interior pocket destroyer.  We don’t care that he’s small for a DT.  KC rotates and moves DLine around a lot, which is why they deploy large EDGE players, that move inside from time to time. KC will deploy Kancey all over.  One of the very few players I have as a bonafide rd 1 talent for what my roster and scheme does.  We are elated to get him here.

Overview

Undersized, one-gapping defensive tackle who is explosive and productive. He’s a strong and determined player, but Kancey is still going to be a hit-or-miss run defender due to his lack of mass and length. While he will get pushed around at times, his first-step quickness and short memory allow him to make tackles in the backfield. He’s a nightmare for offenses as a pass rusher. His twitchy feet can slide and reset points of attack. His leverage and motor are often too much for guards to handle alone. Kancey might be most effective as a rotational run defender and full-time, sub-package rusher, but his size will not define him in the NFL.

Strengths

Posted 14.5 sacks and 27.5 tackles for loss in two years as a full-time starter.

Combination of first-step burst and contact balance stands out.

Captures easy wins against leaning interior blockers.

Excellent change-of-direction quickness and reactive athleticism.

Terror in the pocket as a pass rusher.

Laser-sharp focus on fastest possible way into the pocket.

Slide speed to start at B-gap and finish rush in the opposite A-gap.

Forward-charging attack eventually finds an edge or angle to exploit.

Gets to quarterbacks with a top-flight closing kick.

@Yantha is on the clock

Edited by Zerovoltz
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

@mannc @Yantha

mu guy is on the board still.  I’m willing to send 31 and 63 for your pick

Please make sure you PM any trade requests on the site so I can approve.  

Y'all are good for this one.  I'll update the main page

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (Yantha) are on the clock!!!

The Bucs have many needs and there are a few positions that could be considered here.  Their pass rush was horrendous and a player like Lucas Van Ness or Nolan Smith could be the pick.  The Bucs TE position is weak as well, and an offensive weapon like Dalton Kincaid or Michael Mayer were also considerations.

At the end of the day, you have QB Trask (Recent 2nd round selection who studied under Brady for two seasons) who could compete to start over Baker Mayfield and in both cases you will need a solid O-line to give these QB question marks a chance.

The Bucs lost their starting left tackle and although Wirfs, the anchor of that line is playing RT, I've read a number of articles stating that he could shift over to left tackle if needed.  Not sure what the fans think.  In any case, adding a high end OT in the draft gives the Bucs another anchor.

With the 19th selection in TBD Mock Draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee.

Sorry Bills........  Don't kill me.... 

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

With the 18th selection in TBD Mock Draft….the 3 time, and current Super Bowl champion, Kansas City Chiefs, select…….

Calijah Kancey, DL, Pitt

RATIONALE for pick

I don’t like any of the remaining OT, and feel like we can get a quality WR and edges later.  Cancey is an absolute interior pocket destroyer.  We don’t care that he’s small for a DT.  KC rotates and moves DLine around a lot, which is why they deploy large EDGE players, that move inside from time to time. KC will deploy Kancey all over.  One of the very few players I have as a bonafide rd 1 talent for what my roster and scheme does.  We are elated to get him here.

Overview

Undersized, one-gapping defensive tackle who is explosive and productive. He’s a strong and determined player, but Kancey is still going to be a hit-or-miss run defender due to his lack of mass and length. While he will get pushed around at times, his first-step quickness and short memory allow him to make tackles in the backfield. He’s a nightmare for offenses as a pass rusher. His twitchy feet can slide and reset points of attack. His leverage and motor are often too much for guards to handle alone. Kancey might be most effective as a rotational run defender and full-time, sub-package rusher, but his size will not define him in the NFL.

Strengths

Posted 14.5 sacks and 27.5 tackles for loss in two years as a full-time starter.

Combination of first-step burst and contact balance stands out.

Captures easy wins against leaning interior blockers.

Excellent change-of-direction quickness and reactive athleticism.

Terror in the pocket as a pass rusher.

Laser-sharp focus on fastest possible way into the pocket.

Slide speed to start at B-gap and finish rush in the opposite A-gap.

Forward-charging attack eventually finds an edge or angle to exploit.

Gets to quarterbacks with a top-flight closing kick.

@Yantha is on the clock

That’s exactly who we were going to pick, if not for the trade.

• Shocked 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Alphadawg7) are on the clock!!!
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.