If Hopkins not available, then what? We DO need another good WR!

Deadstroke

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree that the Bills are as good as anyone. They have consistently pooped out of every playoff game in the McD era. 

I will give you that the Bills are as good as anyone during the regular season.

The playoffs have illustrated the Bills aren't superior to the upper echolen teams like KC and Cinci. 

Go ahead and make excuses and believe you lies. I'll believe my eyes and the facts. 

I will remain skeptical that this team led by McD can get over the hump. 

I don't buy much this. All excuses. Every team had injuries and circumstances to overcome. 

The team got waxed at home in the biggest playoff game in recent memory. Out coached by a country mile. Manhandled like men playing against boys. 

Your excuses fall woefully short.

Meh.  I've seen medical pro's say that what the Bills witnessed in the regular season Cincy game is traumatizing for any human being.  There wasn't really much of a precedent for that.  Like I said, you can call it an excuse. I call it recognizing that these guys aren't robots.

And they haven't "pooped out" of EVERY playoff game. That's just an inaccurate observation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Success said:

The post I was responding to specifically said we're not likely to improve enough to "compete w/ the KC's."  I wasn't touting it as a big accomplishment. I was just stating the fact - we're good enough to beat them now.  And we have been.

It's a theme w/ me.  I think the Cincy game skewed many perspectives on here - like we're way behind the top teams.  I don't subscribe to that POV.  We're as good as anyone.

See that’s where I don’t see how ‘we’re good enough to beat them now’ because of regular season results. They’ve beaten us when it mattered most and they will continue to be a big roadblock in the playoffs until proven otherwise. And now Cincy might be another obstacle as well.

But I hope you are right with regards to the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Success said:

Meh.  I've seen medical pro's say that what the Bills witnessed in the regular season Cincy game is traumatizing for any human being.  There wasn't really much of a precedent for that.  Like I said, you can call it an excuse. I call it recognizing that these guys aren't robots.

And they haven't "pooped out" of EVERY playoff game. That's just an inaccurate observation.

Let's agree that the Bills aren't as good as every other team because they lose big playoff games on a consistent basis. 

They haven't even sniffed a playoff game to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. 

But wait, they are many reasons why...

8 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

Many pages of conjecture on the Hopkins romance, and I, for one, think he'd be great for us.  Seriously, what defense could possibly cover all the speed and all-around weapons that we'd have?  But what do we do if the Hopkins trade falls through?  We really really should have a fallback plan/target.  

What are realistic options?

I hope we don’t do much more at Wr this off-season. This draft is weak at Wr maybe in the middle rds but I won’t take anyone in first 2 unless someone falls to #59 . I think Harty can be that guy for us if given a full opportunity to do so. He reminds me so much of Tyrek Hill and he’s never played with a QB like Allen before. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

I agree with u to an extent but no matter the situation we were going to get killed in that game with the game plan we had. Mof it was looking like we were going to get whipped in that MNF game as well . U can’t sit back vs Cinny on Defense and expect to play well Burrow would slice u up all day long . 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, artmalibu said:

Trading for Hopkins is as dump as trading Diggs!!!  Please make these threads stop...

The team is tight on the cap already so spending the money for his salary is crazy, not to mention the draft capital it would take to get him.  Teams tight on the cap and the Bills will be with JA contract need draft picks to bring in quality cheep players.  

WRs are sexy toys on a roster but dollar for dollar the Bills Offense would be much better off using resources on the OL.  JA with time in the pocket is much more important than JA running for his life trying to hit another WR.  Not to mention a better OL would aid the running game and keep JA out of harms way.

Look up Hopkins salary  and tell me how it works....

Go to the other Hopkins thread. There are multiple options to choose from

There will be no WR trades. We have a cap issue and we have a major personnel issue at DT next year that needs fixing. They will draft one and hope Shakir or one of the newbees pan out.  I truly think they will be fine and they will run more and also use Knox more. Our offensive skill positions are not worse than what KC had last year, but our line was that is what they care about. Best case is somehow the 2 new guys plus draft guy X look good at guard and you can move Bates to C so Morse can get moved with his cap hit. Then next year we can invest in DT.

I believe they are shopping Oliver, if they can find a buyer the talks will heat up on other receivers. Right now we don't have the cap space to think about legit FA receivers, im not sure if they would release him, not sure what 20 tackles with a 10 mil cap hit is worth, It may turn into a Marcell Dareus where you take what you can get for someone to take him off your books, but then again Marcel was a solid DT. 

4 hours ago, Pirate Angel said:

I believe they are shopping Oliver, if they can find a buyer the talks will heat up on other receivers. Right now we don't have the cap space to think about legit FA receivers, im not sure if they would release him, not sure what 20 tackles with a 10 mil cap hit is worth, It may turn into a Marcell Dareus where you take what you can get for someone to take him off your books, but then again Marcel was a solid DT. 

Oliver isn't being released. You people who think he has no value are delusional as well. A team like the Bears could swoop in and they would have an extension worked out for him. I'm not saying 1st rounder, but I can easily see a 3rd, possible high 2nd for the right team.

• Like (+1) 2

I think that the only WR that the Bills might consider trading up for (but only maybe 5 positions or so.....), is Jordan Addison.  I like his measurables, and fit to our needs.  He could compete for the #2 spot without a doubt.  Honestly, he's the #1 WR in my view.....

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Oliver isn't being released. You people who think he has no value are delusional as well. A team like the Bears could swoop in and they would have an extension worked out for him. I'm not saying 1st rounder, but I can easily see a 3rd, possible high 2nd for the right team.

If they could "easily" obtain a 2nd or a 3rd he would be gone. He's very average at best and comes with a high price tag from being a top 10 pic. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-bills/30-prospects-in-30-days-wr-jalin-hyatt-could-be-another-weapon-alongside-stefon-diggs/

Josh Allen has weapons, he has Stefon Diggs, he has Gabe Davis. If I ever had the chance to go there and be in that slot role and do something for them, wearing it out for sure,” Hyatt said at the NFL Scouting Combine. “Just seeing on film what he can do with his throwing ability I would open it up for him if that’s what they want me to do. If I have to move safeties for Diggs or Davis I will do that for sure whatever they want me to do but Josh Allen is one of the best quarterbacks in the league and if I ever got to experience that it would be fun.”

On 3/29/2023 at 7:58 AM, Yantha said:

I think that the only WR that the Bills might consider trading up for (but only maybe 5 positions or so.....), is Jordan Addison.  I like his measurables, and fit to our needs.  He could compete for the #2 spot without a doubt.  Honestly, he's the #1 WR in my view.....

If he’s BPA. Absolutely.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.