Bills re-sign OT Quessenberry

Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

One example: The entire Bengals 2nd string OL dominated our DL during the biggest game of the year.  They looked pretty good to me.  

They looked good to you for one game while playing against backup and injured defensive lineman.  Rousseau was the only regular starter along the DL that was healthy. Von out.  Daquan out.  Ed injured but playing.  

Care to give us your unprofessional assessment on their play the following week vs KC and their starting defensive line.  I’ll wait.

they r gud!

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

They looked good to you for one game while playing against backup and injured defensive lineman.  Rousseau was the only regular starter along the DL that was healthy. Von out.  Daquan out.  Ed injured but playing.  

Care to give us your unprofessional assessment on their play the following week vs KC and their starting defensive line.  I’ll wait.

they r gud!

You mad brah?  We have the most expensive and deepest DL in the league and couldn’t even sniff Burrows.  To not give the Bengals OL credit for dominating us upfront in both the pass protection and run blocking is silly even for you.  

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

You mad brah?  We have the most expensive and deepest DL in the league and couldn’t even sniff Burrows.  To not give the Bengals OL credit for dominating us upfront in both the pass protection and run blocking is silly even for you.  

Yeah.  Mad.  

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

Jordan Phillips too.

He played with one arm for a while but they eventually just pulled him

But cincis backups are good…. And showed the world how good they are the following week playing against a starting DL. 

6 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

How much of that "most expensive and deepest DL" was playing vs the Bengals?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Contract is in.  Lower than the $1.77M "standard".  LOL.

$1.6M with $1M guaranteed.  That's a little higher than I hoped for in the guaranteed department.

After looking at what the "no name" OTs are getting signed for, it's pretty much in line though.

My hope is that he gets bumped off the final 53 with an OT that Beane can get in the draft.

For those who care, current Bills Cap Space sits a $9.2M with Phillips and Rapp's contract still to be added.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

$1.6M with $1M guaranteed.  That's a little higher than I hoped for in the guaranteed department.

After looking at what the "no name" OTs are getting signed for, it's pretty much in line though.

My hope is that he gets bumped off the final 53 with an OT that Beane can get in the draft.

For those who care, current Bills Cap Space sits a $9.2M with Phillips and Rapp's contract still to be added.

I hope he is not bumped off 53 for it means $1M wasted.  I am sure there will be another player inactive most of year and better to have someone inactive who has played in NFL rather than a player being paid to develop and always inactive.

Wish I could finds stats on players on how many games they were inactive on 53 and no I do not want inactives removed but used for players dinged up and Bills not release them for a game to make another player active like Oilers did with Steve Tasker.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Not sure where to put this, been looking at OT that might be worth a shot and available in the third round. @MrEpsYtown and @GunnerBill, any thoughts on Jaelyn Duncan? Technique seems to be an issue, but Kromer can remedy that sort of thing. Appears to have pretty good athletic traits and prototypical size.

Yea I have a 3rd on Duncan. I'd be okay with him there. I think he is a guy who can probably play tackle but his length is always going to be a knock on him to me. I have seen people question his anchor but it isn't the base that causes the problem to my eye. It is the lack of length that means defenders often get the first punch in when he is back pedalling in pass pro. I might prefer him long term at guard. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Not sure where to put this, been looking at OT that might be worth a shot and available in the third round. @MrEpsYtown and @GunnerBill, any thoughts on Jaelyn Duncan? Technique seems to be an issue, but Kromer can remedy that sort of thing. Appears to have pretty good athletic traits and prototypical size.

Seen him play in high school and appears he got most of the game reps on pure physical abilities at Maryland.   It does not seem like his skill level increased a lot but that may be due to coach at Terrapins or competition.  I would think Kromer would be able to improve his skillset.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I hope he is not bumped off 53 for it means $1M wasted.  I am sure there will be another player inactive most of year and better to have someone inactive who has played in NFL rather than a player being paid to develop and always inactive.

Wish I could finds stats on players on how many games they were inactive on 53 and no I do not want inactives removed but used for players dinged up and Bills not release them for a game to make another player active like Oilers did with Steve Tasker.

Agree on the money part but also other thing that worries me is who is he being bumped for?  If it's the first two rounds OK, 3rd round questionable.  Anything below that and possibly even 3rd would worry me if the rookie is called upon.  Is say 4th or 5th round rookie really going to jump in and play potentially either tackle side better than Quess could play? 

That's the problem I see with the Bills right now.  They are in the SB window so you want strong backups in case they are needed so mid round picks are tough as not likely an improvement over a vet journeyman, but then how do you replace these guys long term.  A 6th or 7th rounder for the most part can hide on PS.  A weak rookie can create havoc for Allen whereas say a guy like Shakir, worst case runs the wrong pattern or drops the ball.  Allen doesn't have to throw to him, but the defense still needs to account for him.  Rookie backups on O line really worry me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.