Bills re-sign OT Quessenberry

Warriorspikes51

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't disagree that Brown had rough stretches last season. 

It's clear after listening to Beane's presser that he blames the back injury and the lost offseason for much of Brown's struggles, and also said he felt like Brown was playing better down the home stretch of the season.

As much as some here may want it, I did not got the impression after listening to Beane that tackle is a spot where they're going to bring in a high round draft pick or premium free agent.

Premium FA, No.   I had hopes of a draft pick though.  2nd round maybe.

The thing is, we heard exactly the same song from Beane about Cody Ford.  He was playing hurt, he had surgery off-season and didn't get in a full season of conditioning, I think we'll see that he's one of our best 5, weren't those the lyrics?  Same theme slightly different words with Brown.

I would love to be wrong and to see Brown make a big improvement.

In some of the Bills "fluff" pieces, Brown comes across as a guy who not only doesn't grind in the film room and meetings, but who mocks out others who do (Bates).  That's not a guy who is going to make the steps the Bills need from him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Roster is basically set minus Edmunds replacement and some DL depth.

Veteran pass rusher will be the next signing. I fully believe they’ll sign Jordan Phillips after the draft. Maybe they also sign another vet DT.

Then that leaves MLB for the draft. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Guys - you can do a whole helluva lot worse at swing tackle than Q. Hell, he can handle 4 of the 5 OLine spots. Be thankful that he’s being brought to camp and, if someone outplays him, he’ll garner a draft pick. 

You’re wasting your time trying to talk sense to these guys..

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Premium FA, No.   I had hopes of a draft pick though.  2nd round maybe.

The thing is, we heard exactly the same song from Beane about Cody Ford.  He was playing hurt, he had surgery off-season and didn't get in a full season of conditioning, I think we'll see that he's one of our best 5, weren't those the lyrics?  Same theme slightly different words with Brown.

I would love to be wrong and to see Brown make a big improvement.

In some of the Bills "fluff" pieces, Brown comes across as a guy who not only doesn't grind in the film room and meetings, but who mocks out others who do (Bates).  That's not a guy who is going to make the steps the Bills need from him.

Fair.

I'll say this: I don't have a ton of complaints about Brandon Beane, but of the few that I do have, a key one is that he can remain committed to players he drafted or "believes in" for too long, past the point at which all available evidence has suggested that he's wrong. He seems to fall prey to "sunk cost fallacy" and to remain too willing to stick it out with players that don't deserve it.

I'm not saying Spencer Brown is one of those guys, for sure. I think it's too early to say.

Ironically, the one time Beane DID give up pretty quickly and trade a drafted player away, said player immediately became an All-Pro elsewhere. Unfortunately, that incident only seems to have increased Beane's willingness to stick it out with other, lesser players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Q was okay. Veteran depth that you need to have around. I’m sure they will contine to add depth. 

This will probably turn into a “why aren’t we replacing Brown” thread. Then inevitably Creed Humphrey will get involved. 

It’s actually turning into a “ just be happy we are running it back because the OL was so good last year” thread 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.