D-Hop & The King

NastyNateSoldiers

8 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

While the salary cap can really be manipulated, it still exists…

Hopkins is only 30. If he's willing to restructure I'd consider it depending on the length of contract. 

Henry is still due pretty big money and has a good amount of wear on the tires.

6 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I agree with u I was just responding to what the Bills believe is the shape of their Oline . I don’t believe they were as bad as some make them out to be . I realize Josh makes them look better at times but there’s also the times we’re Josh takes to long to get rid of the ball. The Bills will use a couple pks on the Oline in the middle of the draft a couple players to develop. They’re not using their high pks or cap space to do that’s all I’m saying . 

How the heck do you know what they are doing with their picks?

There is more chance of them using an early pick on the OL before they use it to trade for Hopkins…

Also … “ not as bad as made out “… what makes you think that?  I think they were below average as a group ..

Edited by Aussie Joe

Both Henry and D Hop are nearing the end of the road.  They are not worth high draft picks to a team that has a big QB contract and needs to have low paid contributors on the roster to manage the cap.  When Beane says that nothing big will happen in free agency this year, I believe him.  He is not going to mortgage the future any further.  The only way a big name guy ends up being added to the Bills will probably be a free agent that isn't getting good offers and signs on a one year prove it deal.  Neither Henry nor Hopkins fit that scenario.  While dreamers on this site continue to fantasize about what seems like every player in the league, Beane is managing the Bills to compete every year.

• Like (+1) 1

Any trade for either guy needs to get Oliver off the books, it may be a case where you have to give up more to shed the dead weight and clear the cap space.  

12 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

I personally would give them Oliver,or the pick, not both.

My Oliver fantasy trade is send him back to Houston for their two 3rd round picks.

That’s a helluva fantasy.

I don't trust Hopkins to age gracefully, as a guy who reportedly doesn't outwork anyone in the off-season or even in practice DURING the season. If those things are partially true, then it does not bode well as he moves into his 30s. 

Then again, he has basically ALWAYS performed, including when he returned from suspension (or was it injury?) this past season.

18 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I’m hearing the Titans want a 2nd and a day 3 Pk for Henry and the Cards want a 3rd and something else for Hopkins. We have the picks necessary to get this done the question is would u do it? I know the cap will be an issue but there’s ways to Redo there deals and we can get Oliver and his 11mil off the books. 

This colored part is weak, as I'm sure you know.

And it's weak for a reason. There really is no good answer to this problem. It would put us in cap quicksand and would mean we'd be there for a while. Beane does NOT appear to be interested in that.

And thank goodness he isn't.

13 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I don't trust Hopkins to age gracefully, as a guy who reportedly doesn't outwork anyone in the off-season or even in practice DURING the season. If those things are partially true, then it does not bode well as he moves into his 30s. 

Then again, he has basically ALWAYS performed, including when he returned from suspension (or was it injury?) this past season.

Hopkins was working out with Von

So today's signing gets me wondering a couple things. Is Buffalo going WR in the draft? What round? Because I can see them now going MLB or DE........again. Also Buffalo has very little cap space to do anything as far as getting that "big back" they have been pegged as wanting. So again, draft?  With the holes they've got, I really don't see all out draft pics being day one starters and I kinda feel like many of them have to be. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.