D-Hop & The King

NastyNateSoldiers

17 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

News flash the Bills are happy with this Oline and they weren’t nearly as bad as u make it out. Plus we still have our middle rd pks to add some lineman to develop and our 1st rd Pk. So we can still replenish the Oline for the future. 

You nailed it. McGovern IS an upgrade over Saffold and having Boettger back helps immensely as it relates to depth. Brown had zero TC reps last season and Doyle provides a hopeful swing tackle for game days. Beane is doing a great job of eliminating glaring needs before the draft, so they can focus on BPA. Be very thankful that we have a more-than-capable front office. As it relates to WR, someone young will standout in camp and they’ll look to develop that talent. May be a draft pick, low-end roster filler currently signed, or a UDFA. The advent of high-flying college offenses makes it a lot easier to find bodies for this role that it did 30 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

D Hop and Robinson in round 1 may be a good replica of this without getting Henry’s money and need for 15 carries to get into a rhythm.  Draft OL in 2nd and 4th in this case. 

The touches are not a problem whatsoever . There’s gonna be enough offensive plays for everyone to get there’s. Plus Henry would like to get less touches to stretch his career out so 18/20 touches per game is double and I believe Hopkins and Diggs can both get 150 plus targets. 

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

If he wasn't owed $11M maybe we get some team to bite, but that's a big price tag for a player who hasn't lived up to expectations.

People who have contacts somewhat in the know have floated a 3rd.  

Id be over the moon if we got a 3rd for Oliver.  

Im thinking a 4th or 5th.  And I’d gladly take that to clear his 10M.  

Maybe we truly do have him in our future plans, but top flight DT’s are getting PAID… and if Oliver becomes that this year, we can’t exactly afford him… If he doesn’t, why would we want to pay him?  

So, like Edmunds, it’s looking like a play out the option and walk situation.  

Unlike Edmunds, he hasn’t been anywhere close to the level of player Tremaine was. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

I personally would give them Oliver,or the pick, not both.

My Oliver fantasy trade is send him back to Houston for their two 3rd round picks.

Oliver barely produces at the 10 mm salary cap level.  He has no meaningful value in a trade.  He is also not a big liability. He is neutral. His inclusion in a trade is simply to shift salary cap, allowing other parts of a trade to be made.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mmhmmmmm-  I was going to GIF it too- but was warned I shouldn’t post so many GIFS- they are distracting to many members 🤷🏻‍♂️   So I cut back here and there. Thanks for adding the visuals.  Love that gif 

I have been as well....... Just couldn't resist. :lol: Agree with the thoughts as well. NO obviously hasn't learned from their previous situations. I also don't want us to sacrifice too much of our future to bring in older, pricey players in hopes they put us over the top. It could blow up in our face. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The touches are not a problem whatsoever . There’s gonna be enough offensive plays for everyone to get there’s. Plus Henry would like to get less touches to stretch his career out so 18/20 touches per game is double and I believe Hopkins and Diggs can both get 150 plus targets. 

As each day passes, the odds increase that Singletary re-ups with us. He’s an Allen favorite and understands his role on this offense. His true value is around $3m/year, at most, as his talents and production are both easily replaceable. Don’t let Sportrac fool you, he’s a dime-a-dozen talent. 

13 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

As each day passes, the odds increase that Singletary re-ups with us. He’s an Allen favorite and understands his role on this offense. His true value is around $3m/year, at most, as his talents and production are both easily replaceable. Don’t let Sportrac fool you, he’s a dime-a-dozen talent. 

This would absolutely make me sick 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

I have been as well....... Just couldn't resist. :lol: Agree with the thoughts as well. NO obviously hasn't learned from their previous situations. I also don't want us to sacrifice too much of our future to bring in older, pricey players in hopes they put us over the top. It could blow up in our face. 

It can also win a Lombardi trophy! Btw what future does this team have most of the players are older and need to win now. Tre, Diggs, Poyer, Hyde and Von are all in win now mode and Allen career won’t last past 10yrs if he doesn’t stop taking hits. This team needs to really go all in now

45 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Lots of smoke for Hopkins to Dallas. 

Me, personally, I’d rather try to sign OBJ at 2yr/30M without giving up picks than trade for Hopkins. 

The ultimate all-in move for me (that doesn’t mortgage the future)

-Trade Oliver to recoup our Day 3 pick / clear 10M

-Sign OBJ 

-Trade for Henry / extend past this year 

-Extend Hyde to match Po

-Extend Daquan Jones

We still retain our RD1, RD3 and three Day3 picks to address LB, Safety depth, OL & DL. 

Two year window with:

Diggs/OBJ

Henry

Von

Hyde/Poyer

White

Morse(?)/Dawkins

Then a whole bunch of cap starts coming off the books as we look to retool around Allen. 

So you won't trade for a WR but would trade for Henry? That's still 10 million bucks.

No way do I dare sign OBJ.

You make a number of assumptions regarding  trades; they are nice fantasies but what are the odds?

I wouldn't mind trading  Oliver for a decent return ,there's 10,11 million of cap space for a WR or RB.

Why not Fournette? 

1 minute ago, Herb Nightly said:

So you won't trade for a WR but would trade for Henry? That's still 10 million bucks.

You make a number of assumptions regarding  trades; they are nice fantasies but what are the odds?

I wouldn't mind trading  Oliver for a decent return ,there's 10,11 million of cap space for a WR or RB.

Why not Fournette? 

Fournette is a shell of himself might as well go after Zeke to . He’s done as well. 

1 minute ago, Herb Nightly said:

Why not Fournette? 

Id trade for a WR (Jeudy).. If it’s between straight up signing OBJ or trading for Hop, I’d rather just sign OBJ.  

Yea, I’d trade for Henry.  He’s the only RB I’d do that for.  Not Cook, not Ekeler, but yea, I’d do it for Henry.  

Running a freak like Henry into light boxes is a gamble i’m willing to entertain.  

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I’m hearing the Titans want a 2nd and a day 3 Pk for Henry and the Cards want a 3rd and something else for Hopkins. We have the picks necessary to get this done the question is would u do it? I know the cap will be an issue but there’s ways to Redo there deals and we can get Oliver and his 11mil off the books. 

Making these deals would make our offense unstoppable force just imagine Allen , Diggs, Hopkins, Harty , Davis & Knox in the passing game and King Henry and Cook in the running game . This would absolutely take the league by storm . Defensive coordinators around the league would definitely not be sleeping much trying to prepare for this onslaught. 

The Defense would definitely take a step back but we still have the majority of our secondary intact with Tre getting back to health and a 2nd yr for Elam they still have top ten talent especially when Von returns . McD would have to put on a coaching clinic but I think they will be good enough with this offense to win the Super Bowl. This is a KC style approach with offense being top heavy and a defense that’s just good enough. 

Some will say there’s not enough plays for everyone on offense to succeed I believe there will be . The Bills have averaged 67 plays per game the last 2yrs these additions would put that over 75 . Which means u can still throw the ball 35/45 times per game and run it another 30 or so . Henry can get his 18/22 touches Cooks gets 8 . In the passing game u still can get Hopkins and Diggs there 10 targets each and the rest of the guys don’t need to be feed Harty, Davis & Knox can share the rest of the targets as well as a few a game to the running bks.  

I wish we can pull this off it’s the ultimate all in scenario and with this draft being weak and the fact is McBeane is underwhelming in drafting in the 2nd and 3rd anyways makes this that more enticing. If we did something like this and stay healthy we’re winning the Super Bowl!

This is a great fantasy line up for sure  it would be great if Beane could pull it off but given like you said the money for Oliver (which i wish they would trade him & his salary) & what they have tied up with Von i don't know how he would pull this off .

Beane is definitely a magician but i think even this might be beyond his magical skills but who knows i would love to see this line up on the field because as you said D coordinators would be having nightmares as the weeks coming up to play the Bills come around & that for sure sounds like a SB winning roster ! 

1 minute ago, T master said:

This is a great fantasy line up for sure  it would be great if Beane could pull it off but given like you said the money for Oliver (which i wish they would trade him & his salary) & what they have tied up with Von i don't know how he would pull this off .

Beane is definitely a magician but i think even this might be beyond his magical skills but who knows i would love to see this line up on the field because as you said D coordinators would be having nightmares as the weeks coming up to play the Bills come around & that for sure sounds like a SB winning roster ! 

D-Hop salary is double 19mil base can be turned into an extension and King Henry as well. I won’t mind have these guy for 2/3 yrs. 

38 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

You nailed it. McGovern IS an upgrade over Saffold and having Boettger back helps immensely as it relates to depth. Brown had zero TC reps last season and Doyle provides a hopeful swing tackle for game days. Beane is doing a great job of eliminating glaring needs before the draft, so they can focus on BPA. Be very thankful that we have a more-than-capable front office. As it relates to WR, someone young will standout in camp and they’ll look to develop that talent. May be a draft pick, low-end roster filler currently signed, or a UDFA. The advent of high-flying college offenses makes it a lot easier to find bodies for this role that it did 30 years ago. 

BPA is always based on need…

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

News flash the Bills are happy with this Oline and they weren’t nearly as bad as u make it out. Plus we still have our middle rd pks to add some lineman to develop and our 1st rd Pk. So we can still replenish the Oline for the future. 

Double News Flash:  Beane hasn't gotten it all right, not even close. And that's why we have regressed the last 2 consecutive seasons and still failed to make a SB appearance in Josh's career sweet spot.

To date, these guys HAVE decided our OL is good enough, but that's been wrong.  If they slap a few band aids on it again, we'll be in trouble.

By the way, in our last game of the season, the one that mattered most, our OL got its ass handed to them by a team that would go on to lose the AFC Championship game.

Don't measure Bills success when we beat up on a 5 win team in October.  Measure it by what we do in the post season.  Our record there is shaky at best, for a team that is expected to WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.