Damar Hamlin EXPECTED BACK!

DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, Irv said:

I have wondered this too.  I'm very happy he's coming back.  That was some scary stuff.  But he was not that good.  I watched games over from last year and he always seemed to be a step or two behind.  I wonder if the Bills have the stomach to cut him given what has happened.  It will be interesting to watch.

was thinking that too. He's really not that good.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

I have wondered this too.  I'm very happy he's coming back.  That was some scary stuff.  But he was not that good.  I watched games over from last year and he always seemed to be a step or two behind.  I wonder if the Bills have the stomach to cut him given what has happened.  It will be interesting to watch.

Yea I agree, should be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully this management and ownership does the right thing for the team and doesn’t get pressured into keeping him on the roster as optics and hurting this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Ifs and buts. Bills had no control over his condition. To put yourself in the same position again is idiotic insanity.  

Our season was derailed because of Hamlin, no other excuses. 

Not really.  Miller’s injury derailed our season.  Zero chance of stopping Bengals or Chiefs without him in playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Irv said:

He's better than Poyer was at this point of his career. He has football in his blood. Keep developing him. Will also be interested in seeing how the Safeties play with McD calling a more aggressive D. Absolutely no reason to cut bait right now when we have him so cheap for 2 more years.

He was far better than Johnson who had a 2-3 year head start in the system. I think Hamlin playing next to Hyde or Poyer would look much better than he did last year. That secondary was so decimated with injuries we had dudes from the street starting at different points.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsClinton said:

What does this even mean? Damar didn't ask the teams to stop playing. They stopped the game bc both the Bills and the Bengals players were traumatized by what they saw and elected not to keep playing.

Postponing the game that night was appropriate. Scary moment, yes, but the story was wildly overblown. The guy was out of the hospital in a few days. It didn't derail the season.

Hamlin is below average and a distraction. Best of luck elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not really.  Miller’s injury derailed our season.  Zero chance of stopping Bengals or Chiefs without him in playoffs.

We were leading the AFC with two games remaining in the season. The Bengals game was canceled due to injury and we were moved to 2nd in AFC with a completely different and much more difficult path to the superbowl.  Hamlins injury derailed the season. To put ourselves in that position again is idiotic insanity, best of luck Hamlin but never again. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

We were leading the AFC with two games remaining in the season. The Bengals game was canceled due to injury and we were moved to 2nd in AFC with a completely different and much more difficult path to the superbowl.  Hamlins injury derailed the season. To put ourselves in that position again is idiotic insanity, best of luck Hamlin but never again. 

This makes some sense, but all indications point to the Bills getting absolutely destroyed by the Bengals that night. Their weak outings for the rest of the season reinforces the validity of the latter thought.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

This makes some sense, but all indications point to the Bills getting absolutely destroyed by the Bengals that night. Their weak outings for the rest of the season reinforces the validity of the latter thought.

We were on a 6 game winning streak and won the final regular game. Bengals game was “canceled” on the third possession, practically the beginning of the game. There were no indications of a blowout, we drove our first drive with ease and should’ve scored a TD but settled for 3. It was a typical Bills game that we usually win.  Damlin screwed us and he directly costs us a Super Bowl.  

Edited by Kiva
  • Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 2

53 minutes ago, Kiva said:

We were on a 6 game winning streak and won the final regular game. Bengals game was “canceled” on the third possession, practically the beginning of the game. There were no indications of a blowout, we drove our first drive with ease and should’ve scored a TD but settled for 3. It was a typical Bills game that we usually win.  Damlin screwed us and he directly costs us a Super Bowl.  

Squeaked by the Lions, Jets, and Fins.  Trailing at halftime to the Bears.  Took two kick returns to beat the Pats in the finale.  Are only dominant win was at Pats over that stretch.  I mean we barely squeaked by a third string qb at home during the WC game.

We weren’t the dominant team we were the first half of the season.  The two primary reasons being Miller’s ACL tear and Josh’s injured elbow.  You can blame the Hamlin situation if you want but that seems like an easy scapegoat.

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Squeaked by the Lions, Jets, and Fins.  Trailing at halftime to the Bears.  Took two kick returns to beat the Pats in the finale.  Are only dominant win was at Pats over that stretch.  I mean we barely squeaked by a third string qb at home during the WC game.

We weren’t the dominant team we were the first half of the season.  The two primary reasons being Miller’s ACL tear and Josh’s injured elbow.  You can blame the Hamlin situation if you want but that seems like an easy scapegoat.

Nah man your squeaked by reasoning is the scapegoat. It’s hard to win in the nfl, we were able to close out close games, that’s a special skill. We were trending up and #1 in the afc until Hamlin shorted out. He was the primary reason for the season derailing so late in the year.  

Edited by Kiva
  • Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Nah man your squeaked by reasoning is the scapegoat. It’s hard to win in the nfl, we were able to close out close games, that’s a special skill. We were trending up and #1 in the afc until Hamlin shorted out. He was the primary reason for the season derailing so late in the year.  

We were definitely mentally tough but if we could barely get by the Lions, Fins, and Jets (before the Hamlin scare) we weren't beating the Bengals and Chiefs.  If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

I see Hamlin similar to when LaFontaine went down with his final concussion as a Sabre. He still wanted to play, the Sabres disagreed in his ability and traded him to the Rangers. He lasted 67 games with the Rangers and had to retire after yet another hit to the head. Not too many people remember but after that stellar 92-93 season of 53 g and 95a, Lafontaine had the following two seasons: 93-94: 16games 5goals 13a; and 94-95 22games,  12 goals - 15 a. 

Sometimes it's not worth the risk. Although it's obvious he loves the game, Hamlin does not even approach the talent level that a LaFontaine did.

• Disagree 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:04 PM, Doc Brown said:

That's the NFL.  You could do the same exercise with the Chiefs schedule.

On 4/19/2023 at 2:00 PM, wppete said:

Yea I agree, should be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully this management and ownership does the right thing for the team and doesn’t get pressured into keeping him on the roster as optics and hurting this team. 

who would be pressuring the Bills into keeping him for optics?

I can already hear all the conspiracy theorists still claiming this was fake and the NFL staged it. Or that he died on the field because he took the shot. It was really disgusting to read all the garbage about him. And Cincy fans are still talking ***** about it. All the "they didn't have to cancel the game" " the Bills are soft". I'm so over it. I'm just proud to say that Damar is a Bills player and his recovery is a lifetime story. Love this kid. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.