Damar Hamlin EXPECTED BACK!

DrDawkinstein

3 hours ago, Kiva said:

Just make a stipulation in his contract that if he has another medical issue, we will finish the game regardless of his condition.  No more sacrificing the season for a feel good story. 

It would depend more on if the team felt they could continue the game.

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

is he back on a 1 year contract?

Accordig to Spotrac, he is under contract though 2024:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/damar-hamlin-72596/

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kiva said:

Just make a stipulation in his contract that if he has another medical issue, we will finish the game regardless of his condition.  No more sacrificing the season for a feel good story. 

That seems awfully cold.  You can't just tell our players "Whelp, s*** happens.  Walk it off, we're resuming in five."  I also remember when it happened, people were all, "I don't care about the season.  I just hope he's alright!".  Funny how out of the moment some people do a complete about-face.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kiva said:

You going to make the entire team sign it? It’s not like Damar asked them to stop playing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kiva said:

What does this even mean? Damar didn't ask the teams to stop playing. They stopped the game bc both the Bills and the Bengals players were traumatized by what they saw and elected not to keep playing.

Edited by BillsClinton

2 hours ago, Kiva said:

Chances were much better. 1st round bye and much easier path to Super Bowl. Yea, his injury completely derailed our season. Yes all players should have that stipulation. A better course would be Any player with a “pre-existing condition” should be banned from the NFL. 

If Josh doesn't fumble the snap or Lewis simply knocks it down on 4th and forever we would've beat the Vikings and have home field throughout even if we lost to the Bengals on MNF.  Also, if this is a troll attempt it's pretty piss poor.

It makes me a little sad. I mean I’m happy for him and you never want to see your career end like that. But it was like the one time all fans csn together in a positive way. I can already see the “I don’t want to a jerk but does Hamlin deserve his roster spot” threads. 😞

18 hours ago, daz28 said:

I don't know.  If it were me, I'd be worried that it being one in a million, yet a pretty standard tackle, that there might be something to it being a strange personal medical issue.  At the same time, I'm super happy he is going to get to do what he loves, and make a good living doing it.  Welcome back, Damar.  Go get em!

I think you can trust that Damar Hamlin has been scrutinized for strange personal medical issues down to the molecular level.  His family likely has too.  His heart has probably been imaged like no heart has been imaged before.  He's probably spent months wearing a heart monitor, looking for any little burp and hiccup in his heart's electrical rhythms.  If there were something to be found, his doctors would have found it.

12 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus.

He's a troll from a veritable lineage of troll farm accounts. 

Just stuff him deep in your "ignore" file where he deserves to go, and leave him where he doesn't want to be - getting no attention.

EDIT since my posts got merged: Absolutely NOT the guy I'm responding to, the guy JoPoy88 was responding to, who I'm not gonna name because "beetlejuice"

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

That seems awfully cold.  You can't just tell our players "Whelp, s*** happens.  Walk it off, we're resuming in five."  I also remember when it happened, people were all, "I don't care about the season.  I just hope he's alright!".  Funny how out of the moment some people do a complete about-face.

10 hours ago, KzooMike said:

You going to make the entire team sign it? It’s not like Damar asked them to stop playing. 

10 hours ago, BillsClinton said:

What does this even mean? Damar didn't ask the teams to stop playing. They stopped the game bc both the Bills and the Bengals players were traumatized by what they saw and elected not to keep playing.

You guys are absolutely right, but please see above.  This is a PSA brought to you by "this Troll just Jumped the Shark and went too far"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it was a joke.  

Ah, word. Fair enough question tho because there was some confusing talk of how we treated his contract after the injury. The news made it sound like we bought out his entire contract, but all the Bills did was agree to pay him his full salary instead of the half-salary they legally could have. Figured it was a good opp to clarify either way.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus.

Hey, save that for the Pegula prayer service.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ah, word. Fair enough question tho because there was some confusing talk of how we treated his contract after the injury. The news made it sound like we bought out his entire contract, but all the Bills did was agree to pay him his full salary instead of the half-salary they legally could have. Figured it was a good opp to clarify either way.

Hey, save that for the Pegula prayer service.

It was in reference to Beane's habit of handing a 1 year ticket to anyone who shows up at the door.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If Josh doesn't fumble the snap or Lewis simply knocks it down on 4th and forever we would've beat the Vikings and have home field throughout even if we lost to the Bengals on MNF.  Also, if this is a troll attempt it's pretty piss poor.

Ifs and buts. Bills had no control over his condition. To put yourself in the same position again is idiotic insanity.  

Our season was derailed because of Hamlin, no other excuses. 

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

What if the Bills draft a Safety and cut Damar? The media outrage would be over the Top. Bills have no choice but to keep him on the roster. 

I have wondered this too.  I'm very happy he's coming back.  That was some scary stuff.  But he was not that good.  I watched games over from last year and he always seemed to be a step or two behind.  I wonder if the Bills have the stomach to cut him given what has happened.  It will be interesting to watch.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.