Jets Trade For Chuck Clark

H2o

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Feel like we missed the boat on that, even as a one year rental, that’s a solid player they could have had for a 6th.

Yep! Beane asleep at the wheel while the Jets just seemingly get better. 

The AFC east is going to be a dogfight. I can see the Bills finishing 1st or 3rd. Not much separation between the 3 teams. 

Is there a changing of the guard taking place? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The AFC east is going to be a dogfight. I can see the Bills finishing 1st or 3rd. Not much separation between the 3 team's. 

No.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jets and Dolphins will be tough to beat next year. AFC East will be loaded.

We won the division by more games last year than any other team in the NFL.  Until they can match us at QB, I'm not worried. Once that happens, then we can consider it.

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The AFC east is going to be a dogfight. I can see the Bills finishing 1st or 3rd. Not much separation between the 3 team's. 

No. We have Josh Allen and they don't.

• Like (+1) 4

Would’ve LOVED for the Bills to have made this move. Makes me wonder if there are any other starting caliber players that Beane could trade our 6th round pick for.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Yeah and we heard all last offseason the Dolphins would challenge for the division crown. Then midway through the season it was “the Jets and Dolphins have caught up to the Bills”. They ended up winning the division 4 games clear of second place. The Bills are still a class above the rest of the AFC East until someone proves otherwise.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills have by far the best QB situation and a solid supporting roster. I am not too worried about the AFC East just yet. The Jets trading for an average safety is not worrying me. If there is one thing I trust McBeane on it is the secondary. If McBeane felt like Chuck Clark wasn't a fit for replacing Poyer then it likely wasn't a good fit. Poyer in 2017 was a no-name player. Prior to coming to Buffalo Poyer started 10 games for the Browns over 2 seasons and wasn't graded out very high in the games he did start. Many fans were puzzled why in 2017 he got a 4-year deal with 7 million guaranteed. But he far exceeded the contract and even got an extension. 

Levi Wallace was an undrafted free agent who played fairly well in the system, Dane Jackson was a 6th-round pick and has been a capable starting corner, Dean Marlowe and Hamlin have played decently at times. If there is one aspect of the team I do think the Bills can find players at it is the secondary.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We won the division by more games last year than any other team in the NFL.  Until they can match us at QB, I'm not worried. Once that happens, then we can consider it.

No. We have Josh Allen and they don't.

I’m just looking at the rosters. Adding Rodgers makes a huge difference. Just like if you took Josh away from the Bills it would make a huge difference.

Rodgers is much better than what they had.

30 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

We're superior at every offensive position except LT and RB IF Hall comes back to form. 

I'd give them a slight edge on D. 

We're still by far the East favorite 

Just now, Process said:

We could have filled our need at SS before the league year even begins for a 7th round pick and $2.5M in cap space?

Missed opportunity.

$2.5 million isn't nothing. Especially with our cap problems. If they think Benford can man that spot next year there's no need to spend anything on a safety.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

We could have filled our need at SS before the league year even begins for a 7th round pick and $2.5M in cap space?

Missed opportunity.

Don’t worry. We will waste our first rounder on a safety instead. That’s how beane rolls. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Don’t worry. We will use our first round pick on one. 

Damn are you reading my mind or something. Literally posted this exact thing at the exact same time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.