Antonio Brown - (Former) Arena Football League Owner

Gugny

27 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

just read that

check this out

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/15/antonio-browns-arena-team-in-albany-gets-kicked-out-of-its-league/

Last night, Brown gave a rambling, shirtless press conference during which he wondered whether A.B. would play A.B. $1 million to play. How have the negotiations been going?

“I’ve been trying to talk to him, and the guy’s got like three different personalities,” Brown said, regarding A.B.

That pretty much says it all.

The video clip at that link with Simms and Florio talking about the worst fanbases (biggest thugs) in the NFL was pretty entertaining.  They both unanimously give #1 to Philly, of course!

Simms puts the Bills fanbase at the top of great fanbases "with a touch of crazy."  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:06 PM, Gugny said:

What are these 20 teams of which you speak?

And Saratoga is not Albany. 

Nothing against you I know what you are saying. It’s basically the same Capital region close enough. I get it it’s a Capital region thing. Bob is from Saratoga and Joe is from Albany blah, blah like it matters irrelevant they are all from Albany region. As a Buffalonian I call Orchard Park, Amherst, Niagara Falls and Southern Tier St Bonaventure, Allegany, Olean all Buffalo/Western New York region basically Buffalo. But I get the Capital Region and there individual thing that also helps explains the sports failure there is no hometown everyone rowing the boat so the sports team fails type of thing.

You asked for it.

1. Albany Firebirds AFL

2. Albany Choppers IHL

3. New York Buzz WTT Tennis

4. Albany Patroons CBA

5. Albany River Rats AHL

6. Albany-Colonie Athletics- Yankees 

7. Albany Capitals ASL Outdoor Soccer

8. New York Kick AISA Indoor Soccer 

9. Albany Diamond Dogs NL Baseball 

10. Albany Legends IBL

11. Albany Attack NLL Lacrosse 

12. Tri-City ValleyCats New York-Penn

13. Albany Alleycats USL Outdoor S

14. Albany Conquest Arena Football2

15. Albany Eagles ASL Outdoor S

16. Albany Devils AHL

17. Albany Empire NAL as of Noon today. 

Not 20 but close enough what a disgrace. Again Albany isn’t a sports town. Why do I say that. I don’t say it to be mean or cruel it’s reality. I came to that conclusion not just because of the number of teams in a 30 to 40 years time frame it’s because they have had success yet still moved or folded in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2023 at 10:47 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I looked it up.  It says:

Alleycats

Attack

Capitals

Choppers

Diamon Dogs

Yankees

A’s

Devils

River Rats

Eagles

Firebirds

Conquest

Patroons

Islanders

Buzz

Kick

That’s 16

Ok I said 20 I own the post. My apologies I am off by 4 Albany teams close enough. Albany is a embarrassment considering they have good paying big gov government jobs basically guaranteed backed by the government. Compared to a Buffalo that yes has a lot of big gov government jobs also but also a lot of small mom and pop businesses still where the pay is lower. So there is zero excuse that Albany can’t even support affiliated single a or double a baseball what a disgrace. The Albany Yankees double a Eastern League had Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams and Deion Sanders and yet Albany didn’t go to baseball games. I wouldn’t be challenging poster’s because of 16 or 20 teams what’s the difference it’s still a terrible track record when you consider the income and size of the market. Albany’s only one of a few defenses why teams fail is because Albany is big gov town it lacks the number of mom and pop businesses for ad revenue compared to a Buffalo. Buffalo still has that mom and pop businesses that big gov Albany hasn’t put out of business yet even though they are trying there best everyday to do so with their nonsense new rules and regulations in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

I had Spectrum News on while I was getting ready for work this morning. They ran a story about the team, interviewed him, showed him running routes, and teasing again that he was going to play tonight. A few hours later this happens. What a clown show this guy has become over the last few years. 

On 3/3/2023 at 12:33 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/How-Albany-Empire-match-up-with-Carolina-Cobras-17364900.php

The Albany Empire have averaged 2,171 fans per game this season, down about a thousand from last year’s average of 3,161.

Albany Empire 2022 home game attendance

Opponent    Date    Attendance
Carolina Cobras    April 23    3,211
Jacksonville Sharks    May 22    1,051
Carolina Cobras    June 4    2,417
Columbus Lions    June 26    2,132
Orlando Predators    July 16    2,172
San Antonio Gunslingers    July 23    1,981
Jacksonville Sharks*    July 30    2,235

Table: Alexandra Harris/Times Union  Source: Albany Empire

See those attendance numbers for the Buffalo fans on this board that don’t think Buffalo could support Arena Football this team is a defending NAL Arena Football champion Albany Empire Attendance. Buffalo Destroyers and Buffalo Blizzard neither team averaged under 4,635. The 2000-2001 Buffalo Blizzard there lowest attendance average in a single season playing at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium and Marine Midland Arena was 4,635 fans. Also as a season ticket holder for both these teams all the years they played in Buffalo. I question Buffalo Destroyers owner Mark Hamister $5 million dollars in 5 years. One he got a lot of that back when he sold the Buffalo Destroyers to Columbus, Ohio. A lot of that money loses was a bad very expensive lease deal with the new Marine Midland Arena and also his own doing as a sports owner making poor business decisions and terrible sports decisions on coaching and playing talent.

First Buffalo Destroyers head coach Dave Whinham nice guy trying to start a professional volleyball league now today the PVF Professional Volleyball Federation was a terrible arena football head coach 1-17 in two years in Buffalo. Also Buffalo Destroyers owner Mark Hamister never owned a professional sports team before got to close to Dave Whinham and didn’t seem to understand the differences between everyday business loyalty and sports business ownership.

All of Mark Hamister’s arena football teams failed and had lousy records the Rochester Brigade and the Cincinnati Swarm both of af2. So I wouldn’t judge Buffalo by Mark Hamister who wasn’t a good sports owner who ran away when Buffalo wouldn’t give him public money to retire old dept for buying the Buffalo Sabres then took his football and went home sort of thing where we all got the due to things unfortunately I am moving the Buffalo Destroyers to Columbus, Ohio letter in the mail as Destroyers season ticket holders in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good

49 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Ok I said 20 I own the post. My apologies I am off by 4 Albany teams close enough. Albany is a embarrassment considering they have good paying big gov government jobs basically guaranteed backed by the government. Compared to a Buffalo that yes has a lot of big gov government jobs also but also a lot of small mom and pop businesses still where the pay is lower. So there is zero excuse that Albany can’t even support affiliated single a or double a baseball what a disgrace. The Albany Yankees double a Eastern League had Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams and Deion Sanders and yet Albany didn’t go to baseball games. I wouldn’t be challenging poster’s because of 16 or 20 teams what’s the difference it’s still a terrible track record when you consider the income and size of the market. Albany’s only one of a few defenses why teams fail is because Albany is big gov town it lacks the number of mom and pop businesses for ad revenue compared to a Buffalo. Buffalo still has that mom and pop businesses that big gov Albany hasn’t put out of business yet even though they are trying there best everyday to do so with their nonsense new rules and regulations in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Dear ChatGPT,

I was essentially agreeing with you but understand that nuance can be difficult for AI.  Good luck with your continued learning.

1 hour ago, I am leaving for good said:

The main reason Albany doesn't support minor league teams is because there are a lot of us, me included, who would rather travel to NYC, NJ, or Boston & see major league teams, than waste our time watching an inferior product.  In my case I have lived in Long Island & Buffalo & I would rather travel and watch the real thing.  I'm too spoiled to go to minor league baseball ( I went to 1 Bison game at the Rockpile years ago just to see the stadium after The Natural renovations.).  I used to go to the Firebirds games when they were in the top Arena League.  The current league the Empire was in is far inferior to the old Arena league.  The only minor league baseball game I went to in Albany was an all star game in the old Colonie Yankees days when I 1st moved here & I was talked into going-there were too many bugs flying around the stadium & I never went back.  

here it is the Antonio Brown shirtless interview as he speaks about AB as a different person........

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3470967/a-shirtless-antonio-brown-rips-albany-empire-fans-for-not-supporting-his-team-in-the-most-surreal-owner-press-conference-in-sports-history

Here he suggests he's come to save the franchise. Like he is to Albany what Ryan Reynolds and Rob McIllhenny are to Wrexham AFC, planning to move them up to the big medium leagues. But can't hold their vibe of positivity and hope more than a couple of sentences. "You think I care about what an NAL player says about me?!? I'm giving these guys jobs!" Which should really endear him to his possible teammates. Including the ones who replaced the ones he didn't pay and kicked out of the team hotel with their stuff still locked in their rooms. 

holy *****.  I thought I was a mess.

https://www.news10.com/sports/local-sports/antonio-brown-practices-calls-out-fans-for-lack-of-support/

Edited by TBBills Fan

13 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Nothing against you I know what you are saying. It’s basically the same Capital region close enough. I get it it’s a Capital region thing. Bob is from Saratoga and Joe is from Albany blah, blah like it matters irrelevant they are all from Albany region. As a Buffalonian I call Orchard Park, Amherst, Niagara Falls and Southern Tier St Bonaventure, Allegany, Olean all Buffalo/Western New York region basically Buffalo. But I get the Capital Region and there individual thing that also helps explains the sports failure there is no hometown everyone rowing the boat so the sports team fails type of thing.

You asked for it.

1. Albany Firebirds AFL

2. Albany Choppers IHL

3. New York Buzz WTT Tennis

4. Albany Patroons CBA

5. Albany River Rats AHL

6. Albany-Colonie Athletics- Yankees 

7. Albany Capitals ASL Outdoor Soccer

8. New York Kick AISA Indoor Soccer 

9. Albany Diamond Dogs NL Baseball 

10. Albany Legends IBL

11. Albany Attack NLL Lacrosse 

12. Tri-City ValleyCats New York-Penn

13. Albany Alleycats USL Outdoor S

14. Albany Conquest Arena Football2

15. Albany Eagles ASL Outdoor S

16. Albany Devils AHL

17. Albany Empire NAL as of Noon today. 

Not 20 but close enough what a disgrace. Again Albany isn’t a sports town. Why do I say that. I don’t say it to be mean or cruel it’s reality. I came to that conclusion not just because of the number of teams in a 30 to 40 years time frame it’s because they have had success yet still moved or folded in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You can technically add the CDI (Capital District Islanders) of the AHL on their list of failures who played at RPI in the 90's as well. Only lasted a few years and then were sold to another Albany resident and moved to play in "The Knick" as I still catch myself calling it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/15/2023 at 6:09 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

The main reason Albany doesn't support minor league teams is because there are a lot of us, me included, who would rather travel to NYC, NJ, or Boston & see major league teams, than waste our time watching an inferior product.  In my case I have lived in Long Island & Buffalo & I would rather travel and watch the real thing.  I'm too spoiled to go to minor league baseball ( I went to 1 Bison game at the Rockpile years ago just to see the stadium after The Natural renovations.).  I used to go to the Firebirds games when they were in the top Arena League.  The current league the Empire was in is far inferior to the old Arena league.  The only minor league baseball game I went to in Albany was an all star game in the old Colonie Yankees days when I 1st moved here & I was talked into going-there were too many bugs flying around the stadium & I never went back.  

See that is basically the problem with Albany sports there is no hometown civic pride there like Buffalo. I am 55 years old growing up in the Buffalo area my entire life. Grant it I grew up in my Buffalo suburb area where cable wasn’t available until I was 12 years old in the Buffalo suburb I grew up in because the cable area wasn’t built yet. But the Buffalo Bisons, Buffalo Bandits and Buffalo Big Four Division 1 colleges that make up the old Western New York Little Three basketball Canisius Golden Griffins, St Bonaventure Brown Indians now Bonnies and Niagara Purple Eagles of the old Western New York Little Three basketball now Big 4 basketball with Buffalo (UB) Bulls was a big deal because it is what we have along with the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Braves NBA basketball team that was here until I was 10 years old.

Buffalo what ever we were in was the best place to be. There was a Buffalo Civic Pride sort of thing who ever Buffalo was playing the other teams are the enemy. So I never looked down on the Buffalo Bisons and Toronto Blue Jays are 90 minutes from us. As a New York Yankees fan I go up to Toronto for Yankees games but I still am a Buffalo Bisons fan first over the New York Yankees. I really don’t care if it’s the Buffalo Bandits or the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Bisons it’s the place to be. I really don’t think of it that way inferior product. If Buffalo and the rest of the AFL thought like that inferior to the NFL we Buffalo wouldn’t be in the NFL today. I grew up with the Buffalo Stallions MISL indoor soccer as Stallions fan for all 5 years they played in Buffalo than the Buffalo Blizzard NPSL indoor soccer as a Blizzard fan for all 9 years they played in Buffalo never thought of them as inferior Buffalo teams. Same with the Buffalo Destroyers Arena Football League for 5 years. I just supported my Buffalo sports teams because it’s what we have. I also use to follow the Hamilton Tiger Cats CFL football because we are a boarder city and we got those games on regular Buffalo analog television broadcasts from Toronto CTV and CBC. That is why if the NFL Buffalo Bills ever moved for whatever reasons I favor Buffalo going to the CFL over the USFL or XFL because of half the league CFL Eastern Division would be driving distance and CFL would be a better fit season weather schedule wise for Buffalo and the CFL has more tradition of playing football for decades now then the start in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

See that is basically the problem with Albany sports there is no hometown civic pride there like Buffalo. I am 55 years old growing up in the Buffalo area my entire life. Grant it I grew up in my Buffalo suburb area where cable wasn’t available until I was 12 years old in the Buffalo suburb I grew up in because the cable area wasn’t built yet. But the Buffalo Bisons, Buffalo Bandits and Buffalo Big Four Division 1 colleges that make up the old Western New York Little Three basketball Canisius Golden Griffins, St Bonaventure Brown Indians now Bonnies and Niagara Purple Eagles of the old Western New York Little Three basketball now Big 4 basketball with Buffalo (UB) Bulls was a big deal because it is what we have along with the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Braves NBA basketball team that was here until I was 10 years old.

Buffalo what ever we were in was the best place to be. There was a Buffalo Civic Pride sort of thing who ever Buffalo was playing the other teams are the enemy. So I never looked down on the Buffalo Bisons and Toronto Blue Jays are 90 minutes from us. As a New York Yankees fan I go up to Toronto for Yankees games but I still am a Buffalo Bisons fan first over the New York Yankees. I really don’t care if it’s the Buffalo Bandits or the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Bisons it’s the place to be. I really don’t think of it that way inferior product. If Buffalo and the rest of the AFL thought like that inferior to the NFL we Buffalo wouldn’t be in the NFL today. I grew up with the Buffalo Stallions MISL indoor soccer as Stallions fan for all 5 years they played in Buffalo than the Buffalo Blizzard NPSL indoor soccer as a Blizzard fan for all 9 years they played in Buffalo never thought of them as inferior Buffalo teams. Same with the Buffalo Destroyers Arena Football League for 5 years. I just supported my Buffalo sports teams because it’s what we have. I also use to follow the Hamilton Tiger Cats CFL football because we are a boarder city and we got those games on regular Buffalo analog television broadcasts from Toronto CTV and CBC. That is why if the NFL Buffalo Bills ever moved for whatever reasons I favor Buffalo going to the CFL over the USFL or XFL because of half the league CFL Eastern Division would be driving distance and CFL would be a better fit season weather schedule wise for Buffalo and the CFL has more tradition of playing football for decades now then the start in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

TBDism Alert!

Brown getting sued:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/albany-empire-coaches-players-plan-sue-antonio-18167826.php?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=copy-url-link&utm_campaign=article-share&hash=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGltZXN1bmlvbi5jb20vc3BvcnRzL2FydGljbGUvYWxiYW55LWVtcGlyZS1jb2FjaGVzLXBsYXllcnMtcGxhbi1zdWUtYW50b25pby0xODE2NzgyNi5waHA=&time=MTY4NzYxNDk5NzcxMA==&rid=MjliYjUxNjktY2E3Ny00NTJkLWFjMDMtMWFiYWYzNTM1YmRi&sharecount=MQ==

The head coach of the Albany Empire said members of the arena football team are planning a class-action lawsuit against owner Antonio Brown after all the players and coaches discovered the paychecks from their final game were pulled from their bank accounts.  Leggett said team members were paid last Thursday and Friday for the Orlando game. But a member of their group chat on Wednesday night posted a screenshot of the bank account reversal. When Leggett checked his account the next morning, his paycheck also had been deducted.

31 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Brown getting sued:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/albany-empire-coaches-players-plan-sue-antonio-18167826.php?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=copy-url-link&utm_campaign=article-share&hash=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGltZXN1bmlvbi5jb20vc3BvcnRzL2FydGljbGUvYWxiYW55LWVtcGlyZS1jb2FjaGVzLXBsYXllcnMtcGxhbi1zdWUtYW50b25pby0xODE2NzgyNi5waHA=&time=MTY4NzYxNDk5NzcxMA==&rid=MjliYjUxNjktY2E3Ny00NTJkLWFjMDMtMWFiYWYzNTM1YmRi&sharecount=MQ==

The head coach of the Albany Empire said members of the arena football team are planning a class-action lawsuit against owner Antonio Brown after all the players and coaches discovered the paychecks from their final game were pulled from their bank accounts.  Leggett said team members were paid last Thursday and Friday for the Orlando game. But a member of their group chat on Wednesday night posted a screenshot of the bank account reversal. When Leggett checked his account the next morning, his paycheck also had been deducted.

Why is this not an actual crime?

What a goddamn scumbag. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Why is this not an actual crime?

What a goddamn scumbag. 

It is a crime. And NY labor laws are some of the most strict in America. Of course AB doesn't know that as he is a narcissistic idiot whot does things impulsively and finds out later how serious his actions actually were.

Not sure if these players are legally viewed as employees or subcontractors but I know for sure it's an arrestable offense if they are employees. He'd get booked and be right out with a misdemeanor tho so the civil case is really the big deal. They should sue him for way more than their paychecks and I'm certain and judge would review this asshats behavior and fully grant what's being asked for.

AB will be a broke athlete within the next couple years or sooner.

• Like (+1) 2

Antonio Brown,  Bwahahahahaha 🤣😆😂

• Gugny changed the title to Antonio Brown - (Former) Arena Football League Owner
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.